Nancy's Friends Object!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wouldn't this be considered an invasion of privacy? After all, it's not the friends who are being called before the judge, it's the NOT suspect Bradley Cooper. It has to do with him being UNFIT to care for the two children. IMO, it would be HIS and NANCY's phone records and such that would be under question.

I think this is going too far.

What do you think?
fran

PS...I just posted this on the media thread...

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1214870.html

Friends asked to back up statements

Friends of Nancy Cooper have been asked to prove everything they have claimed about Nancy Cooper's troubled marriage to her husband Bradley.
According to court records, attorneys for Bradley Cooper have ordered his wife's friends to turn over their diaries, appointment books, phone records, pictures and anything else that might back up statements they made in affidavits filed after Nancy Cooper's death. Friends claimed that Bradley Cooper was emotionally unstable, unfaithful and had been very controlling and demeaning of his wife.

Invasion of privacy? They gave up their privacy when they signed affidavits in this case concerning Brad Cooper. He's just saying "prove it". Guilty or not, I say good for him.

I disagree, but we'll see!

IMHO, the friend's personal diaries have NOTHING to do with Brad regaining custody of his children. It's NONE of his business. His attorney is just fishing.

JMHO
fran

How can you say that? Her friends decided to get involved in the custody battle by signing affidavits about his character. How is that none of his business? Seriously...this part of it isn't even about the murder of Nancy Cooper. They decided to get involved in the custody battle, so they should have to prove the claims they made.

I disagree, but we'll see!

IMHO, the friend's personal diaries have NOTHING to do with Brad regaining custody of his children. It's NONE of his business. His attorney is just fishing.

JMHO
fran

Here comes the dog and pony show! :floorlaugh:

"diaries, appointment books, phone records, pictures" Appointment book...let's see a teacher's appointment, carpet being layed, GYN appointment. Pictures...child birth, family reunion.
Looks like it has a lot to do with NC and BC.:waitasec:

How much better does it get than 1st hand witnesses? I wonder why witnesses are so important in cases if seeing and observing it 1st hand is not good enough for cases much larger than this?:confused:

They witness, first hand his demeaning behavior and now they have to bare their own private lives? Wrong-O! They didn't come forward to attest to their own lives, they came forward to share what they'd learned through NC about BC and through seeing BC's shenanigans with their own eyes. It's none of BC's business what they did when he and NC weren't around. This really takes the cake.

I'd fight that tooth and nail!

Yep.....I think BC's attorney is trawling and, imo, I think this custody case is secondary and is being used as an excuse........he's trying to determine what facts he's going to be up against in a possible murder trial.

A bunch of bluster & posturing on the defense side.

They're trying to throw roadblocks.

Actually, most of the stuff in the affidavits was not witnessed first hand. Most was told based on what they heard from Nancy.

That's true. I don't know how that will be used in court or if it can be. I'm not informed on the laws surrounding hearsay evidence and what constitutes it and what doesn't. But I'm sure someone here knows without my having to start a Google search.

However, there ARE some things that were witnessed first-hand and/or overheard directly by some of the affiants and those will come into play for sure.

Actually, most of the stuff in the affidavits was not witnessed first hand. Most was told based on what they heard from Nancy.

Why would the statements even be recorded then if, in fact, there is no value in them legally? Obviously the judge found some merit in the affidavits.

Then their personal diary has absolutely NOTHING to do with this!

What would their phone records prove? They talked to Nancy? So? Brad can subpoena his OWN phone records. That'll prove who Nancy talked to. It's none of their business who her friends talked to.

Pictures, maybe. On a limited basis ONLY. Like, parties to show BRAD was NOT there! ;)

Their personal calendars? Ehhh,.........NO!!!

"Personal" calendars are about the individual's life. NOT Nancy's.

Like everyone else said, they're 'fishing' for 'murder defense.'

Brad is trying to control these friend's lives like he controlled Nancy and he's trying to control his kids and Nancy's parents too!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Well, Nancy's murder was not witnessed firsthand (except by the murderer), but much is told from "what they learned" from the autopsy.

Did BC take the psychiatric test and not do too well or is scared to? If his attorney's felt confident he has done NOTHING wrong they wouldn't need to go this far.

Actually what NC friends put on their affidavits...most of it BC admitted to some degree. Weekly allowance, vehicle, hours away from home, etc. Some have heard him yelling while on the phone or demanding NC to leave one place to go to another...how do you show this? 1st hand account IMO

Ah-Ha!

You just may have something there mom! ;)

LOL, he musta' flunked so now he's trying to get the friends to back off!:waitasec:

fran

Did BC take the psychiatric test and not do too well or is scared to?

Interesting question! You think the lawyers had him take this test without being ordered to do so? Makes sense though so they could bring in their own findings, preemptively. Hmmmm.

Now I get it! Brad is making himself look worse and worse! :behindbar

He's trying to turn all the friends against each other and their families too!

What a !:furious:

JMHO
fran

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6384921

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The husband of a murdered Cary woman is firing back, making new insinuations against his deceased wife and her friends, who are pointing the finger at him.

According to documents filed by Brad Wednesday and earlier this week, there are insinuations that Nancy Cooper also had an affair.
Eyewitness News obtained the documents Thursday.

Brad asks that Nancy's friends produce any evidence they may have of "any sexual or romantic relationship Nancy Cooper had with any person other than her husband, Bradley Cooper."
The filings also demand Jessica Adams, the friend who called 911 to report Nancy missing, produce evidence of "any romantic relationship with any person other than your spouse."
She is asked to do the same with any evidence of any affairs her husband might have had.

FWIW, I don't know where Brad got this attorney, but he needs to dump him ASAP! He's getting some pretty poor advice if you ask me!

First he trashes his murdered wife! Then he trashed his murdered wife's sister!
Now he's trying to trash all of Nancy's friends and tear their families apart.

Does he honestly think this tactic will work?!:eek:

IMHO, when a judge sees how low he will go to get his way, does he honestly think a judge would give him custody of two minor children who would not be able to speak up if they were being abused or worse?

OhMy,
fran

Brad..............You're controlling ways worked with Nancy, but NOT with her friends. Get it!?!

The Rentz's didn't state much but did specifically state BC had attempted suicide as a teenager and threatened to commit suicide this year around Christmas time. IMO they know some facts. This could be their smoking gun. IMO he is grasping at straws because he knows they know. Why else would they ask for a psychiatric test?

This is one family I don't think would put it in writing if it wasn't the truth. K&B know they will be backed up against the wall with this one topic and are fishing for anything they can get to help BC.

Haa even my MEDIA contact/buddy says Brad and his attornies are on a fishing expedition and did this because they knew it would make the media. Sone one needs to go knock on Brad's door and when he answers punch him right in the ole kisser. Sick Freak!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member