Why did KC surround herself with people "less attractive" than herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma2patrick

Former Member
Reaction score
Tricia, I apologize for the title on the previous thread.

I have found myself perplexed by the constant borage of pictures of KC with friends who seem to be "subjectively" less attractive than her.

You may argue perspective or symantics....most of her "friends" on her pics seem to be heavier or "less" attractive than KC is.

Why has she attached herself to this group of friends? To feel superior? To manipulate? (I've been manipulated by a "friend" who was prettier, I felt she had the "Inside" track)

Most self-centered pretty people surround themselves by what they deem "their own"?

I doubt KC has a higher sense of upbringing that prohibits her from discriminating from others by appearance.

I think she has chosen her group by how it benefits her.

Opinions?

People who have a low self esteem tend to choose friends this way.
How is this relavent to Caylee's disappearance ?

I think that deep down she has a low self esteem b/c she knows she ain't worth a da*m and this is her way of making herself feel better. She also probably liked being the Center of Attention. This way she ensures that she will get the attention when they are out dancing on stripper poles. What was that saying "You can put lipstick on a pig but their still a pig". This fits Casey!

Actually I think her friends are more attractive then her, they arent habitual liars and under arrest :D

I didn't see any pics of girls that were less attractive than Casey. Maybe it's all in the eye of the beholder, but most of them looked younger and looked healthier. Their eyes had life in them, most were cute blondes, and the girl on the stripper pole was built much better. Amy looks to be a big tall girl but she is pretty and looks like a natural blonde.

I agree, SS. I don't know if it's because of all we know about Casey but attractive is truly the last word I'd use to describe her at this point. But I do think that she finds herself to be very attractive. At least it appears so in pictures. So I don't know if she purposely surrounded herself with "less attractive" people, (especially since I didn't find many of her friends to be unattractive).

Well, Short Stuff, I think you've hit the spiritual nail on the head. Our ACTIONS are what ultimately make us "attractive"

However, my initial comment has to do with the superficial that is KC's day to day life. How does her choice of friends factor into her psyche and her daughter's demise?

I really feel for those that KC associated with, their lives may be damaged beyond their comprehension.

There are so many things I want to say, but this whole topic just makes me mad.

I imagine that every one of her friends is horrified by what has happened. They have been through enough. They are under the microscope - everything they have written or said has been scrutinized by the internet world. I just think it is too much to now scrutinize their appearance.

How in the world is this relevant?

The bigger question ,imo, is why did these people choose Casey as a friend? Most agree she was not trustworthy and a liar, yet they chose to hang with her.
There certainly must have been some interesting dynamics. if she was trying to elevate herself, did they choose her to elevate themselves?
No disrespect to her friends intended, I just can;t figure out why any of these people chose her as a friend when they all have described her the same.

ETA: I should also add that I think "prettier" or more "attractive" is so subjective I cannot agree with your premise.

It might be relevant if Casey chose a few friends who felt unattractive or unloved due to having boyfriend troubles. I noticed that Casey told Amy that she loved her several times in the Myspace messages. There was talk and sympathizing about guy trouble. Casey could seek out some people who are vulnerable and trusting then tell them exactly what they want to hear.

Well watching her doing her dirty dancing an all, she probably brought alot of attention to herself and thus to them.

In looking at a pic posted here today on a thread, KC was in a backyard and her friends were playing with Caylee, she looked po'd to me that Caylee was getting the attention. JMHO

There are so many things I want to say, but this whole topic just makes me mad.

I imagine that every one of her friends is horrified by what has happened. They have been through enough. They are under the microscope - everything they have written or said has been scrutinized by the internet world. I just think it is too much to now scrutinize their appearance.

How in the world is this relevant?

The relevance is not to criticize the appearance of her friends. It is to analize the psyche of KC who wants to be the center of attention. I am not trying to offend anyone, least of all her "friends" who have been hurt by this debacle.

KC is a bad person, and her friends know this. KC has used her "friends" to amplify her own appearance, whether in person or otherwise.

Her friends are suffering regardless of this post. They know who she is and how they have been used.

The relevance is not to criticize the appearance of her friends. It is to analize the psyche of KC who wants to be the center of attention.

Au Contrare. When your premise is flawed (and obviously subjective), there will be no analysis that will emerge that won't also be flawed.

let me interrupt this thread with my nightly helpful hint :)

This could be a lively topic so please take a moment to review The Rules

Carry on. :)

I thought that the premise was that Casey FINDS herself to be more attractive than her friends, not that that's actually true. Regardless, I totally understand the questioning of the psyche behind it; I've known many, many, many people throughout my life that did seem to surround themselves with people that they PERCEIVED as being somehow inferior to themselves. And I think that it IS an interesting topic in regards to the personality trait that causes someone to do such a thing.

I've been looking at alot of the pictures and I'm not seeing the same thing.

I understand what your getting at. But it might not be coming out the way your thinking.

I tried to explain earlier. I don't know what age group your in, or what part of the country. But I did catch that you said you were 'one of them'. Which could be one of the pretty girls or the fugly.. LOL! I don't know.

Back in my day, you had to look like 'twiggy'. All bones. In other places, that was 'gross'. Our group didn't know that. teehee. But that is what the TV told us girls was pretty. It wasn't the guys. Girls who looked like 'twiggy' did think they were all that.

I have a girl the age of KC and we live in central florida. I"m telling you it can range from " she is a sexy hot babe" to "she is a skinny chicken leg, no butt, yuck." It really could be either way.

When I went to school, cheerleaders (who are always considered HOT) where tiny. Now days, I see size 14 and size 16 girls. <shrug>

I have HEARD boys say a girl was to skinny.

You're getting a lot of greif for this post and I'm not sure why. We can all agree that, yes, some people and some women are more physically attractive than others and like it or not this does come into play in human interaction (studies have shown that attractive defendants get less severe sentences on average, people smile more at attractive people, babies even laugh more at attractive faces!) So I think we can just accept this as a fact of human nature and move on and be mature about it like adults.

Now, maybe what people are disagreeing about is that they honestly feel Casey's female friends are phsyically as attractive or more attractive than her. Fine, beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all! But, if they are being 100% honest with themselves and basing it only on appearances, I think most people (me and the OP included) might agree that based on the limited # of pictures we have seen of her and her friends, Casey is by and large what would be considered more attractive than most of them. Maybe I'm wrong and people genuinely don't think that, but I suspect if they're being totally honest it's kind of obvious.

Just wanted to support the OP because I have actually had these thoughts before about Casey and her friends, and I have known some attractive women who do the same thing. Usually they end up being the ringleader and because they are the "cuteone" or the one who "gets all the guys" the other girls are less likely to question them, more likely to compliment them or look up to them, giving them the praise they crave. I definitely think that's true considering Casey's psychology.

Just my 2 cents. (And I'm a woman myself and definitely not a supermodel)

I'm not discussing attractiveness to get O/T. In fact I have pondered posting this for days.

There is a correlation between KC being perceived as attractive and her friends as less so much. You may not perceive it based on your own personal biase or desire not to see it as so.

I never intended to offend anyone....yipes, Please, I'm an ugly troll under the bridge if anyone wants to see my picture.

I'm sorry if I see a correlation between this particular piece of information and the ongoing case.

I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member