Rugby league player gains a tooth

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A rugby league player had an opponent's tooth embedded in his head - and didn't even notice until after the match.

Widnes Viking Shane Millard was being treated for a head wound after a match with Castleford Tigers when the tooth was found, reports The Guardian.

The tough Australian hooker had sustained a head gash when he collided with the Tigers' Dean Ripley but was patched up at half-time and sent back into the fray with a headguard.

It was only when he was being stitched after the game that the Castleford physiotherapist alerted Widnes to the possibility that Ripley could have left part of a tooth in Millard's head.

"Ripley apparently had half of a tooth missing, so the club doctor, who said human bites carry more germs than a cat's or a dog's, was sufficiently concerned for me to have a hospital check-up after the game," said Millard.

"I went to the hospital nearest the club at Whiston, where they took x-rays of the wound and said there was definitely something lodged in there.

"They told me to come back the following morning when they would have a clearer picture.

"Sure enough it was part of a tooth. I was given a local anaesthetic and then they blasted a tooth out with three packs of saline solution. The tooth came out just as the anaesthetic was wearing off.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_936229.html?menu=sport.sportingquirkies

Casshew this is one tough game and players regularly have bits of ears bitten off, noses broken etc. BTW hooker probably does not mean the same as you think in this context LOL

LOL... Australian hooker ~ didn't even see that till you mentioned it :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back