GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

Skittles

Reaction score
Kelly Morris of Stem, NC, in Granville county went missing on September 4, 2008.

Amanda Lamb on WRAL reported that Kelly Morris, mother of two, is missing after her home caught fire. Her husband, Scott, was unable to reach her by phone. Later her burgundy Honda Accord and her, purse, cell phone, and keys were found in a subdivision under construction about a mile from her home.

The couple were said to be having marital problems.

ETA: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3492807/

"Sheriff David Smith said Saturday the remains of Kelly Morris, 28, were not found in the ashes of her burned home."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3492807/

This is a bizarre story and I truly hope the young lady is safe somewhere. What disgusts me is, I live in the Raleigh area, and I was looking on WRAL just a few minutes ago and there was nothing on the front page about this story. However in the headlines, there were two sports stories. I didn't know anything about this missing woman until I checked WS. What is wrong with this picture???? It's sad, very sad, that certain media cares more about reporting the latest sports news than getting the word out about a missing woman. I'll continue to follow this story here on WS.......because apparently I can't rely on my local news to provide me information on missing persons. Rant over lol.

This is a bizarre story and I truly hope the young lady is safe somewhere. What disgusts me is, I live in the Raleigh area, and I was looking on WRAL just a few minutes ago and there was nothing on the front page about this story. However in the headlines, there were two sports stories. I didn't know anything about this missing woman until I checked WS. What is wrong with this picture???? It's sad, very sad, that certain media cares more about reporting the latest sports news than getting the word out about a missing woman. I'll continue to follow this story here on WS.......because apparently I can't rely on my local news to provide me information on missing persons. Rant over lol.

Most of the media havn't been swarming around this one, have they?

You're right, it is a bizarre story. So now we know Kelly wasn't in the burned house; where is she? The only person I saw interviewed was a neighbor. Nothing from the husband yet.

Video of the story here, along with a couple of interviews with neighbors....

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3493040/

JMO but it sounds awfully suspicious. The guy's house is on fire and he goes over to his neighbor's house to get his dog? Huh?

I watched the video, and I think I'm confused. I read an article on WRAL that said he was at work at the time of the fire, but then the neighbor said he came over and got his dog when it was on fire?

It's all very confusing. I also found this report which says she was missing the on the 3rd, which is the day before they fire. Very odd.

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/search.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-05-0002.html

The news stations in our area IMO aren't the best at getting the facts straight. OT but just as an example...Years ago my mom's dog got loose from the fenced backyard and bit a neighbor (she was elderly and hit him with a cane - understandably so...lol...I'm sure she was scared). Anyway, she was like 75 years old. Well the news camera's came by (I don't recall the station) and later that evening on the 6 o'clock news, it was reported that "a 5 year old girl is lucky to be alive after a vicious dog attack". It went on to give the block and street name we live on, so I know they were referring to our incident. So it was rediculous. First off, it was a 75 year old woman, NOT a 5 year old child. Second, it was a pretty deep bite and she did need stitches, but it was by no means life threatening - he bit her on the leg. So I don't put alot of stock in what the media around here reports - seems like they aren't too keen on getting the facts straight and will just report whatever they think will sound sensational. :(

I am almost speechless. :(

I hope WRAL keeps on top of this and doesn't let it fade to black!

I do NOT know what happened here, but, imho, it's got the appearance of something sinister.

JMHO
fran

Fran -
I am also speechless - what is going on in my state?!? Meanwhile the media outlets briefly mention and move on -

I'm not sure Amanda Lamb will let it go. At least I hope not!
I'll try and contact someone that kinda' knows her and try to get her to follow up on this.

Something is wrong here. I want to know MORE!

JMHO
fran

I am almost speechless. :(

I hope WRAL keeps on top of this and doesn't let it fade to black!

I do NOT know what happened here, but, imho, it's got the appearance of something sinister.

JMHO
fran

Fran: I know what you mean! I initially thought they would find her remains in the ashes, and the car was just a red herring, but they didn't find anything in the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back