Anthonys open door to lynch mob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't Sleep

Former Member
Reaction score
I just saw this post on WESH 2 - No video - At 1:30 am (early Thursday, Sept. 18) demonstrators were pounding on the Anthonys' froont door. George and Cindy opened the door and were greeted by angry protesters who reportedly shoved Cindy. George grabbed the water hose to fend them off while Cindy (scary) grabbed a BAT! :eek:

Link here:http://www.wesh.com/news/17501869/detail.html

This is completely unacceptable. Law Enforcement is going to have to supply some kind of safety for this family and their neighbors. No matter how suspicious we may be or how frustrated, there is simply no excuse for assaulting these folks. Period. What kind of ANIMALS are showing up in that neighborhood? What do you think?

OMG, no way?! people are pounding on their door middle of the night?! That's too freakin' much!!!

why did they even open the dang door? I mean come on, and no arrests were made? Something hinky I think!

two different stories...what's the deal?

edit to add: make that THREE different versions..cripes!
No matter, 1 in the morning isn't protesting hours, to be sure.

Ok

These protesters need to be stopped.
This is out of control and frankly ,I feel so darn bad for The Anthony's and The protesters are idiots.

You know, as much as I have lost empathy for the Anthonys and as much as I believe in the Constitution, I do NOT think people have a right to do this. These protestors are not peaceful, this is not free speech, and they are trespassing if they are going up to the A's door at 1:30 in the freakin' morning.

I do not understand why they were not arrested. If I were being constantly harrassed like that, I would feel the need to stage my own protest at the Mayor's house, or the chief of police, or the DA. If they arrested me, they would have to arrest the protestors at my house.

I feel so sorry for the poor people who are guilty of nothing except living in that neighborhood. Their property values have gone down even worse in this horrible market, they can't let their kids play outside, they practically have to hide going to and from their own homes, and they are harrassed with this constant circus outside their doors. I do not understand why this is legal.

Peaceful protest, fine. Jerry Springer show, not fine.

hmmm..I wonder if it was staged....

I dunno' but when people start carrying baseball bats to have a "conversation" with protesters, I think bad stuff is soon to follow. I just think this is out of hand. I don't understand why LE didn't make any arrests??!! Is this not disturbing the peace? (If not, then what is it?)

I'm suspicious, I admit it, but nothing trumps these people's right to safety in their own home. Believe me, I live on a farm and if someone pounded on my door at that hour and then grabbed at clothing and shoved me - they'd probably be leaving in an ambulance. I would be terrified and especially if I could see that LE was not protecting me.

JMO

I went and looked at the slideshow (thanks for the link), it looks to me to be a bunch of younger adults, maybe late teens anybody else think so?

So crazy people came pounding on their door at 1:30am and the Anthonys opened it??? No one is playing with a full deck in this situation. They should have called LE and let them listen to the pounding and the shouting instead of opening the door!. I'm afraid the Orange County jails aren't going to be large enough in the near future, nor will the hospitals, or the morgue.

hmmm..I wonder if it was staged....
You would have to question that. Who in their right mind...scratch that...anyway, who would answer their door at that time of night knowing they are the most hated family in America? I can't believe that, even of this family.

There seems to be two takes on this. On doesn't mention anyone pounding on the door. There also seems to be different reports about whether or not cops just stood by or were not even present. Sure puts different spins on the situation.

THis is totally uncalled for... I feel bad for the anthonys.. rocks being thrown...and being grabbed and pushed at 1 am is horrible for anyone esp at their own home... I bet the ice princess doesnt feel bad at all though....shes the one who should be say I'm sorry this is all my fault and spill her dang guts!

Why leave your home? Why continue downing the media? Why not keep your trap shut? They are visibly enjoying the attention. It looks like the Anthony family did more than the protesters did. They have been putting their hands on people for weeks including and old lady and a feminine boy. Running over people's children? Taking up for their daughter yet flaming everyone else? I think people are tried of this treatment. If we were Casey we would have never left jail this is why people are so angry.

Casey shouldn't have the privilege to use the cops. She couldn't protect her own daughter so why does she need protection? Just my opinion on the situation

I can't imagine opening the door, and no, none of the accounts say they were attacked at their door, as the title led me to believe at 1st. They went out with baseball bat. They had no idea if freaks banging, throwing rocks, whatever had guns. No idea at all. They then place push and shove on lawn at 1am, then let the perps run off?! Psssh, no way! clock 'em in the knee caps.

This smells hinky as all freakin' get out. That's my opinion.

Oh, puh-lease! These people, the Anthonys, are just asking for it!

Who opens their door to an angry crowd of strangers??!!

Normal people make sure the doors are locked and call the police.

Idiots.

And, I have to ask, when the heck when is George going to wash that damn shirt?

Just for the record, I think the protesters need to stop.

The A's should have stayed inside and called the police. CA must have them on speed dial by now.

I wonder what they did with the family hammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member