All About George

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this sounds horrible, but George said, he is worried about other missing kids not getting enough attention. Okay, as a parent of a non missing child I agree with him. But if my kid were missing, would anyone elses kid matter to me? I know that sounds incredibly selfish, but I just cant imagine where anything else would matter to me. Food, bills, work, your kid, nothing else would matter.

IMO, I think the article sounds like something that their attorney told them him to do.

dcorrigano, I understand what you're saying but I don't think he's wanting attention taken from Caylee -- he thanked the media for keeping her case front-center. But fact is other children are missing and they're barely mentioned after the first couple of weeks or so. I'm sure no family wants their home and lives to be turned into a circus, but the media shouldn't forget about these children - not any of them. His statement about how she's probably changed broke my heart, and it confirmed (for me) that LP is right when he's said GA most likely doesn't know anything about what really happened.

IMO, I think the article sounds like something that their attorney told them him to do.

I have to agree with you and I'm sorry that many of us feel that way. Normally my heart would be breaking for the family, but when I heard George speak I wondered if he had been reading here and decided to do a little "damage control".

Just my opinion.

I realize this sounds horrible, but George said, he is worried about other missing kids not getting enough attention. Okay, as a parent of a non missing child I agree with him. But if my kid were missing, would anyone elses kid matter to me? I know that sounds incredibly selfish, but I just cant imagine where anything else would matter to me. Food, bills, work, your kid, nothing else would matter.

I'm sure on some level he has begun to accept that Caylee may not be alive and this could be why he made that statement.

It sounds like his attorney told him that he looks bad & he needs to say "thanks" to the media etc. Regarding his recent letter regarding the protestors, why in the world would he ask for tips on who they were and have the tips called in to his OWN cell phone? And also stae that they "wiill be arrested"? Like he has some control over that.

dcorrigano, I understand what you're saying but I don't think he's wanting attention taken from Caylee -- he thanked the media for keeping her case front-center. But fact is other children are missing and they're barely mentioned after the first couple of weeks or so. I'm sure no family wants their home and lives to be turned into a circus, but the media shouldn't forget about these children - not any of them. His statement about how she's probably changed broke my heart, and it confirmed (for me) that LP is right when he's said GA most likely doesn't know anything about what really happened.

Again, as a mom of non missing child, I completely and totally even absolutely agree with you. I just try to imagine what I would do and how I would feel in the same situation to try to understand the A's.

I think one of the biggest reasons this case has gotten more attention than other missing children's cases is because we have a woman that is not only obscenely uncooperative but didn't report her child missing for the first 31 days. Who does that? The only people that turned this into the circus it is, is the Anthony's. Now we're 97 days in and they are still more concerned with protecting Casey, taking care of their yard and washing their cars. They know exactly what they're doing and that's trying to collect as much money to use for Casey's defense in any way they can. And to do that they have to keep up the appearance that she is out there and alive. I really hope it's a huge wake-up call when the donation scam hits the paper this weekend.

It sounds like his attorney told him that he looks bad & he needs to say "thanks" to the media etc. Regarding his recent letter regarding the protestors, why in the world would he ask for tips on who they were and have the tips called in to his OWN cell phone? And also stae that they "wiill be arrested"? Like he has some control over that.

Right! He has nothing better to do like look for Caylee? Now he wants tips about the protesters? Another excuse and redirect from looking for Caylee.

Again, as a mom of non missing child, I completely and totally even absolutely agree with you. I just try to imagine what I would do and how I would feel in the same situation to try to understand the A's.

Oh I understand what you're staying and agree with you!! I can't even begin to put myself in their position -- I've tried, but I'm inclined to think I'd have gone ballistic by now and would probably be locked up somewhere. Some of this -- most of this makes me turn into a psycho b from hades as is :bang:

The donation scam will be in the papers this weekend? Do you have a link??:)

I have to agree with you and I'm sorry that many of us feel that way. Normally my heart would be breaking for the family, but when I heard George speak I wondered if he had been reading here and decided to do a little "damage control".

Just my opinion.

I completely agree. I think somehow (reading here or had it spelled out by their PR/lawyers), they realised that what little support they had from people was just TOTALLY BLOWN with KC's demanding little imperative to the cops "get over there and send as many people as possible NOW", and the totally hypocracy of his "statement" about punishing the protestors "to the full extent of FL law".

They were biting the hands that feed and someone alerted them to that fact. Perhaps THEY were tipped about the impending financial scandal and garner some sympathy BEFORE it hits?

Or, he is about to totally crack and lose it. He has to know that the way Caylee has changed since june 16 is NOT to grow more beautiful, the total opposite. She is rotting if there is anything left of her. I am suprised he even mentioned how Caylee has changed since then. That would be a topic he should be staying FAR away from...

I understand what he was trying to say, it made me feel really sad. Being the mom of a toddler, I know how they change so much in just a month, let alone a few months, so he was talking about how much shes prob grown and changed since he last saw her. But to him, he is thinking of her as an alive child, not like most of the country is thinking of her.

Just my opinion.

When he said it was fantastic that the media had Caylee's pic out for 2 months, I instantly said, out loud to my laptop screen, 'damage control'. lol.

At this point he knows that Caylee is not coming home and is probably wishing the media spotlight would find another target.

The donation scam will be in the papers this weekend? Do you have a link??:)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2706799&postcount=253

From "Mom" herself! :)

"I was interviewed by the Orlando Sentenel and the reporter asked me to show her a thread that showed how different ( IMO meaning better) Websleuths is compared to the other forums. I directed her to this topic and the then 2 threads with the information.

The story should run over the weekend. I am hoping the reporter writes about the work and uncovering of facts that have occurred on this topic."

The threads Tricia is referring to are the 3 threads that show how Blink and her compatriots exposed the donation scam.

can anyone blame him? he has lost a precious grandaughter, his own flesh and blood(I think Casey looks like her dad) has probably murdered her, his son helped cover the crime. his wife is ready for the men in the white coats to come get her, he's broke, he can't go anywhere where is face is not known, and his front yard has turned into a bad version of animal house, i would loose it too in that position.

I understand what he was trying to say, it made me feel really sad. Being the mom of a toddler, I know how they change so much in just a month, let alone a few months, so he was talking about how much shes prob grown and changed since he last saw her. But to him, he is thinking of her as an alive child, not like most of the country is thinking of her.

Yeah, i totally get what he was getting at too but with things the way they are right now (and them habouring the murderer) it is just a subject that anyone with the commonsense of a flea would know to steer well clear from.

I don't think he really is going crack. That would mean coming out of his denial. That just aint going to happen any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46