Oklahoma Tax Commission sends 2 students a $325k tax bill after reading their Myspace

I'm sorry.... there's just something weird here. The IRS doesn't just say, "Oh, you say you made $100,000 more on your my space page than you reported. We'll let's just bill you on that!" They do an investigation and if they can prove it, they go after you. Otherwise, it would be a sorry state of affairs for our nation. IRS could read and interpret anything any way they want to.

I have a feeling there's a whole lot more to this story that we haven't heard.

so...does this mean that if anyone posted that they made $24.35 in a year they wouldnt pay taxes?

my bs-ometer just dinged LOL

LOL I have seen OTC do some incredibly off the wall things tho. I will try to check out this story and see what I can find. Who knows?! It could be the Kegheadz are just saying it for more publicity. (Sounds like it is more plausible than OTC sending them a bill for that kind of money because of a myspace page or an ad.)

It really sounds like the Oklahoma Tax Commission did just get their tax estimates from the Myspace pages. They also are trying to stick some poor guy who rented them party space 3 times with part of the bill because they think he was part of their 'Kegheadz' group.
http://newsok.com/myspace-bragging-...o-former-current-uco-students/article/3300840

This article doesn't really have any comment from the OTC but I find it impossible to believe that these kids made a million dollars from liquor sales throwing keg parties at $5 per guy (girls got in free). The tax commission gave them a bill saying they had made $919,000 in mixed beverage sales that they owed taxes on. The kids say they never got ANY profits from the liquor sales, just any cash left over from the cover charges once the club/space owner got their cut.

If the info the Kegheadz guys give is anywhere close to accurate it sounds like the OTC needs to be investigated itself IMO, maybe this time by someone who is actually competent:rolleyes:?

How can I get a job surfing myspace pages for info like this? I'd love it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back