Resolved AL - Russellville, Dog digs up foot, Sept 2008 - Not Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
This child has not been reported missing yet, IMHO. It will take sometime for a distant relative or grandparent to miss him/her. This article indicates that the foot was severed fairly recently:

"The foot was not badly decomposed, but as far as the gender or the age of the person, we can't be sure until the remains are tested by forensics."

http://tinyurl.com/4xspj5

Ugh, I just saw this on Cnn.com. ITA with you Reannan. This child hasn't been reported missing yet.

Very sad, that poor baby. There is way too much of this going on in this world, it's horrible.

can't they take the DNA from the foot and run it thru a DNA database of missing children?

how do we know the child has not been reported missing yet?

Although this young woman was reported missing from Knoxville, TN, she is actually from Florence AL, which is only about 22 miles from where this story happened. The timeline fits also. This young woman was last seen on Friday night, she is about 5'3", which could be the size of an older child. Anyway, I've called it in.

http://www.wbir.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=64167&catid=29

ETA: Just talked to the Russellville PD and gave them all the info, they are following up.

It seems like this is probably a crime of some sort. I tried to search but doesn't look like it has been posted yet?

A dog brought home a childs foot and police are trying to figure out who it belongs to and where the rest of this childs body is.
It sounds like the foot was only outside for a few days, so this child must have died recently and was left somewhere in the area for the dog to find? They said the child wouldn't have been able to live without treatment for this type of injury.

Dog digs up childs foot; police hunt for body
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/22/dog.foot.ap/index.html

RUSSELLVILLE, Alabama (AP) -- A family dog brought home a child's severed foot, but searchers combing surrounding woods in northwest Alabama found no signs of any other remains and don't know where the child might be.
Police Chief Chris Hargett said authorities have searched the area but haven't found any other remains.
No children have been reported missing, killed or maimed in or around Russellville. Police Chief Chris Hargett said investigators were studying missing persons reports from nearby areas and sent the severed foot for forensic tests in a bid to narrow the search.

I actually put this up in the Caylee Anthony forum as a long-shot...

Although this young woman was reported missing from Knoxville, TN, she is actually from Florence AL, which is only about 22 miles from where this story happened. The timeline fits also. This young woman was last seen on Friday night, she is about 5'3", which could be the size of an older child. Anyway, I've called it in.

http://www.wbir.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=64167&catid=29

ETA: Just talked to the Russellville PD and gave them all the info, they are following up.

Looks like they may have some suspects in this case. Two men who worked at the Days Inn where Jennifer Lee Hampton was staying have been arrested on totally unrelated charges. They had "illegal documents" related to their immigration or something. From a comment left at the above linked news article by someone named "Melissagail", the two guys had been bothering Jennifer. I am glad you called it in.

There is a young woman missing from Knoxville that sounds like it isn't going to end in good news. Jennifer Lee Hampton, and she is only 5'3", 110 lbs. She is small enough framed that her foot could possibly look like a childs. The case has been called in, and the discussion is over at the other thread. Maybe a moderator could merge these two threads??

can't they take the DNA from the foot and run it thru a DNA database of missing children?

how do we know the child has not been reported missing yet?

I'm really interested in this answer.
Can someone answer this please?
"How do we know this child has not been reported missing yet?"
I just wonder how they could know that...am i missing something?

How sad though. :(

I'm really interested in this answer.
Can someone answer this please?
"How do we know this child has not been reported missing yet?"
I just wonder how they could know that...am i missing something?

How sad though. :(

Does anyone know the answer to this at all?
I notice that there is more than one thread about it.

Does anyone know the answer to this at all?
I notice that there is more than one thread about it.

I don't think anyone knows it "for sure", just based on LE saying that they were unaware of any missing children in the area.

From news reports, the foot was not in an advanced state of decay, thus, the crime happened recently. I can't imagine having a child that ended up with his/her foot cut off and not reporting them missing, but we don't have those reports.

From news reports, the foot was not in an advanced state of decay, thus, the crime happened recently. I can't imagine having a child that ended up with his/her foot cut off and not reporting them missing, but we don't have those reports.

Ok i must be tired, but i'm so confused...
how would someone know it's their child whose foot was found?

I have so many questions....
Can they tell if the body was deceased before the foot was cut off?

Also, if there are no missing children in that area, and this happened kinda recent, i wonder if that means it could be a missing child from an area far away....
example...caylee maybe??

I might be way out there....

Also, is there an age range of this foot?

Sorry for all the dumb questions...
i know i am tired....and trying so hard to understand...

Here are the facts as I currently understand them:

1. A dog brought a foot to his owner at a Circle Drive residence in Hester Heights subdivision, Russellville, Alabama around midnight Saturday. The foot was not badly decomposed. "It was severed below the ankle and had five partial toes still attached."
2. It was examined by two physicains who said the foot appeared human and appeared small - thus the theory that it belonged to a child - that is not known for sure.
3. No children are reported missing the the local area.
4. Thus far, forensic testing has been inconclusive, and it isn't confirmed to be a human foot yet.

http://tinyurl.com/3gsj52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members