Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/home/article/0,1713,BDC_2396_2847181,00.html

Governor says no need for special prosecutor in Ramsey case
By Associated Press
April 29, 2004

DENVER — Gov. Bill Owens said Thursday he welcomes a visit by people who believe the parents of JonBenet Ramsey were involved in her 1996 slaying, but he has seen no new evidence that would justify appointment of a special prosecutor.

"This remains one of Colorado’s unsolved murder cases and like all of these cases, we’re concerned about it. We want to see if anybody has any new information. We’re not aware of any," said Owens, noting he asked his attorney to meet with the group Friday to see if they have anything to add to the case file.

"Several years ago we looked at that situation very closely, and didn’t find that need then," Owens said.

Tricia Griffith, who launched the Forums for Justice Web site, said an online petition started last May has gathered some 1,400 signatures they want to present to Owens, calling for a special prosecutor.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. A cloud of suspicion surrounded the girl’s parents, who insisted the crime was committed by an intruder.

A grand jury investigation ended without charges in 1999, but the case got new life when District Attorney Mary Keenan took over the case from police.

Owens appointed a special prosecutor in February to investigate allegations that the University of Colorado used sex to lure football recruits. Keenan said that step doesn’t mean the girl’s slaying deserves a special prosecutor.

This is bad news... :(

I don't post on the JBR forum, but I read every thread and I still can't make my mind up about the involvment of one, or both of JonBenet's parents.

I was hoping a special prosecutor would be appointed and I signed the petition.

What happens now? what recourse is there to find justice for this child?

candy said:
but he has seen no new evidence that would justify appointment of a special prosecutor.
In other words, unless a Ramsey confesses, this case will never see the inside of a courtroom.
Of course we knew that 5 years ago thanks to Steve Thomas.

But hey! - Maybe Trish and the gang can stiff Pasta Jay on a tip and the whole trip won't be a waste!...LOL

IMO

There's still an investigation going on in this case--a fresh look by retired Det. Tom Bennett's eyes, hired by the Boulder DA's office after the case was taken away from the Boulder PD.

The case isn't closed or designated cold--it's being investigated and there is a male DNA profile from the panties of the murdered child. Some day--hopefully soon--there will be a DNA hit on that DNA profile.

LP, your "fresh look" was nothing but a ploy to keep Limp Wood from filing frivilous law suits that would have cost Boulder thousands of dollars. Just because Woodie was stupid enough to fall for it, doesn't mean YOU or anyone else has to be.

And unless they plan on testing the DNA of all the male garment workers in Asia, the chances they will ever find a match is estimated at between null and zero.

The only "fresh look" into this case will be when and if Burke ever cracks and tells what he knows.

Look, this petition was a long shot; I personally didn't think when I signed the petition that it would influence anyone to start a new investigation. However, what this petition has done is bring attention to this cold case and that in itself is good. No matter what your opinion is on this case, the fact that attention is drawn once again, to this murder investigation is positive.

Misty said:
Look, this petition was a long shot; I personally didn't think when I signed the petition that it would influence anyone to start a new investigation. However, what this petition has done is bring attention to this cold case and that in itself is good. No matter what your opinion is on this case, the fact that attention is drawn once again, to this murder investigation is positive.

Ditto. What Misty said. Any attention and news coverage keeping this case in the news is a good thing!

Shylock, when I see diminutives used like "Limp Wood" etc about any figure in this case or about posters here or at other forums, I just scroll on past the post. Therefore, I don't read your posts, or others, containing that kind of elementary-school stuff.

LovelyPigeon said:
Shylock, when I see diminutives used like "Limp Wood" etc about any figure in this case or about posters here or at other forums, I just scroll on past the post. Therefore, I don't read your posts, or others, containing that kind of elementary-school stuff.
Sounds like another one of your feeble attempts to defend the *advertiser censored* and hir ilk.
That's ok, you're loss, not ours...
But just to make you happy, in the future I'll refer to him as "MISTER Dicky Limp".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back