Casey Anthony's lack of friends is disturbing

seeker78

Searcher
Reaction score
Generally, people have one or two friends (some have lots more) that will stand up for them no matter what. I know if I was accused of something, guilty or not, I'd probably have at least a friend or two that would show up to defend me.

Has Casey Anthony had *any* friends outside of her family to show up outside in protest to the protesters?

Over lunch today, I was trying to think back to every bit of video I've seen, and I can't remember one person there that's defending her outside of her immediate family or people the Anthony's are paying for.

Can anyone point me to anything that would show SOMEONE showing up to defend her from her circle of friends?

I have some friends like that myself, who would defend me until time ceased to exist no matter what, and I also find it strange that she has no such SINGLE friend...not one. It goes to show that she has cultivated a lot of "surface" relationships in my opinion, and that there REALLY is nobody that she trusts...

Don't know. I found it amusing that with that phone call with Lee she just had to have TonE's phone number and I wonder if wanted to talk to her at all.

My father always told me the definition of a true friend was someone who would wipe your butt for you if you were paralyzed. I think what Casey thought were friends were what I call "acquaintances".

My father always told me the definition of a true friend was someone who would wipe your butt for you if you were paralyzed. I think what Casey thought were friends were what I call "acquaintances".

Party acquaintances really don't know much about a person because they aren't interested really in going beyond the superficial. That's what I've gathered from reading all these documents from those whom have talked about knowing her. They see her on these party outings and that is all they know of her. Been there myself and know how it works.

I would surmise from what's been said about this case that KC had been distancing herself from people for some time before Caylee's disappearance.

IMO, the heart of this case lies in the relationship or lack thereof between KC and CA. If CA was taking shots at KC and undermining her confidence about being a parent while at the same time treating Caylee like her own child instead of her grandchild, that might have done some serious damage to KC's ability to interact with other people on any kind of emotional level. Plus the stealing and lying...people probably weren't sure what to make of her anymore.

Don't know. I found it amusing that with that phone call with Lee she just had to have TonE's phone number and I wonder if wanted to talk to her at all.

According to "Nate", TonE didn't talk to her.

i find it odd that her friends, for the most part, from what i have read here and seen on interviews, say she was such a great person. that they could never imagine her doing anything harmful to anyone, then where are they? i know atleast a few of my friends would have my back...
but then most of them think that she has something to do with caylee's disappearance, its almost like their statements contradict what they are saying about her. if she was this awesome person, then why not stand behind her? evidence or not...

Well, put in the situation she has been, with all the lies she has told one can understand why the friends all jumped ship.

You can still be a friend/loved one of someone who has commited a horrendous crime but it is not easy on the soul, you cannot support their actions obviously but you must support them through their punishment of their crimes.

"This is going to hurt me more than you" is a fact too well miss understood in this world. People over look it and toss it aside with humor. People that do something wrong knowingly and without remorse do not suffer guilt thus there is no pain in that action, the pain they suffer is only in being found out and punished. Thus the person that must deal the punishment, who is typically someone ussually has compassion for another human being, will often feel much more remorse in dealing out that punishment or watching the person caught go through the "justice" system and having the legal system deal out that punishment on them.

When you rise above that pain for an individual going through such an ordeal of "punishment" and feel nothing for their soul you begin to sink to their level.

I believe people should be punished and in the ultimate punishment, but I often forget this myself as well by the simple fact that some of these criminals can be absolute monsters and you forget there is a lost soul inside there..... and you often wonder if there ever was one.....

I have some friends like that myself, who would defend me until time ceased to exist no matter what, and I also find it strange that she has no such SINGLE friend...not one. It goes to show that she has cultivated a lot of "surface" relationships in my opinion, and that there REALLY is nobody that she trusts...
No current friends anyway - just like Scott Peterson. Lots of people stepped up to say "the Scott I knew..." now it's the "Casey I knds..."

I think the reason for a lack of friends is it seems she had many groups of friends who she floated between and the friends of one group don't really know the friends of another group. I think she did this so the lies wouldn't catch up to her. She can tell one group one thing and another group something else. I think her lack of a "one true" friend is because you cannot keep up the facade and all the lies with one person, they will eventually catch on. And I think Casey feared being found out. She was probably mortified when Cindy showed up at Tony's making accusations because it gave Tony a different picture entirely.

Actually Casey seemed to have a lot of friends, but the evidence is so strongly aginst her and she didn't seem to treat her friends very well either, so I can't blame them for jumping ship. It would be one thing if she were innocent, but she's just not. I mean the evidence is really piling up against her even from day 1. Just think of her friend on the phone supporting her, saying "If anything happened to Caylee I would die" and Casey rudely cutting her off! It's HUGE WASTE to be friends with Casey Anthony!

i would say she has family and acquaintances but not good friends.

one thing i noticed in the taped jail conversation is the way she talked to Lee and her use of "love." there is absolutely NO emotion in her voice when she says it to Lee on the jail tape.

I think a lot of people use "love you" very casually these days (i think it started with the "love you, man" budweiser commercials in the 90s. it is almost used as "gotta go" or "talk to you later." can see that in Casey's myspace pages, etc. i wouldn't see it an indicator of intimacy.

Actually Casey seemed to have a lot of friends, but the evidence is so strongly aginst her and she didn't seem to treat her friends very well either, so I can't blame them for jumping ship. It would be one thing if she were innocent, but she's just not. I mean the evidence is really piling up against her even from day 1. Just think of her friend on the phone supporting her, saying "If anything happened to Caylee I would die" and Casey rudely cutting her off! It's HUGE WASTE to be friends with Casey Anthony!

I remember this and didn't KC mention that it was a huge waste to talk to her because she didn't want to her the friend suggest the worst. So she almost had one friend until she put her friend down.

Generally, people have one or two friends (some have lots more) that will stand up for them no matter what. I know if I was accused of something, guilty or not, I'd probably have at least a friend or two that would show up to defend me.

Has Casey Anthony had *any* friends outside of her family to show up outside in protest to the protesters?

Over lunch today, I was trying to think back to every bit of video I've seen, and I can't remember one person there that's defending her outside of her immediate family or people the Anthony's are paying for.

Can anyone point me to anything that would show SOMEONE showing up to defend her from her circle of friends?

Casey really burned most of her bridges with her friends by lying and stealing from them, I guess. Other people she named as friends (such as Jeffrey from Universal) say they barely even knew her. Other people in her circle of aquaintences don't even exist, like Zanny.

The few friends she has had come forward have all said they don't think she was capable of hurting Caylee, and that she appeared to be a good mom. They have not shown up to defend her to the protesters, and I can't say I blame them! It would be inviting a nasty scene, don't you think? I doubt they even WANT to defend her, anyway, since they now know she lied to them for a month about where her child was.

Casey is a puzzle. I really wish we had access to her past, like school friends/teachers/employers, etc. talking about her when she was growing up. I am very curious as to what has gone wrong in Casey, and WHEN it went wrong and WHY it went wrong.

I remember this and didn't KC mention that it was a huge waste to talk to her because she didn't want to her the friend suggest the worst. So she almost had one friend until she put her friend down.

A friend that cared more about her daughter than she did, that was competition for affection to her. IMHO

I think Amy and Kristina considered her their friend and they just dont know what to do considering what has happened. I saw an online post that Amy was posting fliers on her birthday which was the next few days after arrest of Casey. Kristina seemed really emotional on the phone. Casey didnt appear to value these friendships and seems to have abused them. this is only my opinion.

From what I understand, Casey has refused all calls and internet with any friends at all.

KC didnt have friends she had marks .................

How could anyone defend what she has done ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back