How to Obtain 591 pages released 09/23/08

hpvdr

Reaction score
I have just requested 591 pages from the Kinkos in Orlando that has the complete document. Their address is 47 E Robinson St, Suite 105 in Orlando. They will ship via Federal Express the entire 591 pages (hardcopy) for a cost of $47.21 + shipping or they will send it electronically for a cost of $591. I emailed them at usa3994@fedexkinkos.com and requested that they send it to me via Federal Express. In the email they ask for you to tell them what it is you want, where to send it and how you will pay for it. I'll let you know what I find out - but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
Kinko's phone number is: (407) 839-5000.
This is the phone number of the states attorney's office that gave me the kinkos info: 407-836-2400

Does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread to something like Directions on how to obtain...

I'm wondering if the A's have to pay to get a copy of it - JAT

shouldn't it be free from the SO?

They (SO) can charge the cost of printing and/or research of a public record and FL Statutes sets limits on those charges.
Kinko's, not being a State/County/Municipal agency, can charge what they want, apparently. Tho they are charging only 3 cents a page for the hard copy (plus shipping), which is what a state agency can charge (for copies that involved no research).

I have just requested 591 pages from the Kinkos in Orlando that has the complete document. Their address is 47 E Robinson St, Suite 105 in Orlando. They will ship via Federal Express the entire 591 pages (hardcopy) for a cost of $47.21 + shipping or they will send it electronically for a cost of $591. I emailed them at usa3994@fedexkinkos.com and requested that they send it to me via Federal Express. In the email they ask for you to tell them what it is you want, where to send it and how you will pay for it. I'll let you know what I find out - but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
This is the phone number of the states attorney's office that gave me the kinkos info: 407-836-2400
are you planning on putting them up for us so we don't all have to pay the $47.?

Good work! I'm debating with myself whether to spend the $ for the whole doc. The remaining pages SHOULD be phone records, photos, etc. It would definitely be worth it if they're not redacted. I'd like to put together a timeline of the phone stuff, but if they've blacked out the numbers, it will be hard to do.

:shocked2: I can't believe they are charging $1 per page to e-mail the document. I thought it was a typo so I called the store. It is correct...even though the file is one PDF not 591 individual PDF's. That is beyond ridiculous....talk about someone trying to benefit from this case.

I don't understand this! The right to public information should not cost a cent. What is the deal with this? Its upsetting to me.

That's outrageous, why would you pay $47 for the docs? It's cheaper to buy ink and paper for your printer and print them out yourself if you want a hard copy.

Well, I couldn't tell if hp was planning on sharing, but that's up to hp. I appreciate the info and I'm wondering what the shipping cost is. Hmmmm, rest assured if I get a copy I will figure out a way to get them uploaded, but to WS'ers wink wink

I'm going to whip off an email to see what the TOTAL cost is going to be. Be back.
Eva

Well, I couldn't tell if hp was planning on sharing, but that's up to hp. I appreciate the info and I'm wondering what the shipping cost is. Hmmmm, rest assured if I get a copy I will figure out a way to get them uploaded, but to WS'ers wink wink

I'm going to whip off an email to see what the TOTAL cost is going to be. Be back.
Eva

Absolutely (lol) I will share as long as I receive them. On the other thread relating to this new batch of documents someone else said that they have called and were told that they need to be an attorney or news agency to request the docs. I wasn't told that on the phone and I haven't received a reply to my request stating that - so as long as I receive the documents via Federal Express as I requested I will certainly scan them in for everyone. I would only scan in the ones we don't already have available (the 317).
Someone on the other thread relating to this same info (maybe these threads should be merged/I just don't know how to do that) may be going to the Orlando Kinko's today and has said if they do in fact receive the document package they will also be willing to scan in the missing pages.

How about we see if we can get a local WS'er to pick them up before anyone starts shelling out money for something you have no way of being certain you'll get?
If we can get a local to get them it should cost a fraction of that and that person will physically have the docs in their hand when they leave.
They're going to charge $591 because they'll fax them. They charge $1.00 a page for fax. OR here's a thought. The Kinko's in Orlando should be able to get a copy of the docs via email or disk to one of their other stores. Perhaps they would transfer the docs to one of their other stores so that it would be close enough that one of the rest of us non-locals could pick up a copy?

How about we see if we can get a local WS'er to pick them up before anyone starts shelling out money for something you have no way of being certain you'll get?
If we can get a local to get them it should cost a fraction of that and that person will physically have the docs in their hand when they leave.
They're going to charge $591 because they'll fax them. They charge $1.00 a page for fax. OR here's a thought. The Kinko's in Orlando should be able to get a copy of the docs via email or disk to one of their other stores. Perhaps they would transfer the docs to one of their other stores so that it would be close enough that one of the rest of us non-locals could pick up a copy?

I did ask the Orlando Kinko's if they would transfer them to a local Kinko's for me and they told me it would cost the same $591. On the other thread someone locally says that they will try to pick them up today and scan them today. If they do not receive a copy then I will scan in the set I ordered. Providing I receive them.

Absolutely (lol) I will share as long as I receive them. On the other thread relating to this new batch of documents someone else said that they have called and were told that they need to be an attorney or news agency to request the docs. I wasn't told that on the phone and I haven't received a reply to my request stating that - so as long as I receive the documents via Federal Express as I requested I will certainly scan them in for everyone. I would only scan in the ones we don't already have available (the 317).
Someone on the other thread relating to this same info (maybe these threads should be merged/I just don't know how to do that) may be going to the Orlando Kinko's today and has said if they do in fact receive the document package they will also be willing to scan in the missing pages.

I wasn't EVEN thinking you wouldn't HP!!! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Hmmm, that's originally what I was thinking they would ask (about being news or attorney) but hey, if they didn't require that from you then :woohoo:

OMGOMG I feel like someone just might be sleuthy enough to get the 591 pages and it kinda tingles when I think of what's in them.....

I don't understand this! The right to public information should not cost a cent. What is the deal with this? Its upsetting to me.

All FOIA laws have provisions for charging for copying and staff time for research. In fact, I'm surprised the copying costs are so reasonable. In my state, last time I did a FOIA request the charge was 75 cents per page.

The other side of your question is why should the taxpayers of whatever county or state pay for someone's request?

And, BTW, any citizen can make a request so Kinkos is way off base saying they will only provide to news organizations or attorneys.

I really think that this thread should be merged with the:
317 Pages Released, Where are the other 274??? thread.
Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back