VA - Woman for forcing 12yo son to rake leaves naked, Fredericksburg, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Police: Mother made son rake leaves naked

A Fredericksburg woman's choice of discipline got her into trouble this week when neighbors complained about her naked son.

The mother was charged with felony child neglect after police found her 12-year-old son raking leaves in the buff about 7 p.m. Tuesday, city police spokesman Jim Shelhorse said yesterday.

Temperatures had dipped into the high 40s, the wind was whipping and a cold rain had started to fall, police said.

A neighbor in the Mayfield subdivision called 911 to report seeing the boy raking leaves in the front yard without clothes, Shelhorse said. When an officer arrived, the boy was still there with the rake in his hands.

The child told officers his mother was punishing him for misbehaving in school, Shelhorse said.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/042004/04292004/1346397

:eek: And here I was feeling bad because I didn't let my daughter read the last chapter in her book, because she hadn't finished her homework, and I made her do that instead.....

Tell me that boy is not going to grow up with issues against women... Punishment vs humiliation UGH

A Fredericksburg woman who made her son rake leaves in the nude as a punishment for his poor school behavior pleaded guilty to a felony this week.

"She lost her cool that day and she regrets it deeply," Haney said. "She had never been in trouble with the law before." The woman is not being named to protect the boy's privacy.

According to the evidence, the incident occurred on April 27 in the Mayfield subdivision.

The 12-year-old boy had aggravated his mother by continuing to get in trouble at school. The mother responded by sending him outside that evening to rake leaves naked.

A neighbor saw the boy and called police. The naked boy was still outside with the rake in his hand when police arrived. He told police he was being punished for misbehaving in school.

The boy was never removed from the mother's custody. Haney said the mother and the child are both doing much better now.

Full Story

Since I don't believe in spanking, I've had to come up with some pretty interesting punishments in my time, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Hopefully, mom will put a little more thought into the next one!

I think that punishment is messed up. It's more than the mother 'losing her cool'. I think she needs serious help. Sending your children out of the house naked is too weird.

What an awful woman. Poor kid.

"Lost her cool?" Sounds more like a deeply troubled person. There's an awful lot of time and thought involved in making a child disrobe and forcing them outside to rake naked, while watching over them. Plenty of time to cool down and rethink her actions.

Losing one's cool is throwing a plate agianst a wall or kicking your car door.

As a side note, it sounds like a bad dream you would have...naked, raking...

BBMc

I know someone who reported that a neighbor was discipling their child by having them cut the lawn with a pair of sissors. Guess what happened? ... nothing ....

Unless the kid was cutting the grass with scissors naked, then I don't see a problem with that punishment. My oldest son has had to go around and collect garbage from the neighborhood. I've had him wash earth moving equipment in a construction site after he and his friend threw mud clods at it. He's also had to do several other "embarassing" things - all fully clothed - and I believe he's a better man today because of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back