Hubby stabbed over to-do list

Mm, hm. I get it, too.
This will be brought to hubby's attention. Lol.

I get this-I really do. Nothing causes flat out tension like a "Honey-do" list...
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4360745

At 27 she probably doesn't have the experience to know that previous to embarking on any "Honey-do" list issues- you remove from the accessible area any and all objects that could be used to inflict bodily harm!

All joshing aside, hopefully they will seek counseling should they reconcile seeing as violence seems to be a pattern.

Off yet on topic- I've often wondered this- for those of us who have experienced the extreme frustration of a "don't-do" or (worse)- "do-it-half-assed" spouse to the point of "I just want to strangle him/her"- How do we answer on a lie detector test if asked "Have you ever wanted to kill him/her?"

LOL

At 27 she probably doesn't have the experience to know that previous to embarking on any "Honey-do" list issues- you remove from the accessible area any and all objects that could be used to inflict bodily harm!

All joshing aside, hopefully they will seek counseling should they reconcile seeing as violence seems to be a pattern.

Off yet on topic- I've often wondered this- for those of us who have experienced the extreme frustration of a "don't-do" or (worse)- "do-it-half-assed" spouse to the point of "I just want to strangle him/her"- How do we answer on a lie detector test if asked "Have you ever wanted to kill him/her?"

LOL

LOL, are you doing research? Would you like to discuss any plans?

LOL We foolishly purchased a fixer up home about 20 years ago. It's still a fixer upper because he's too friggin egotistical to hire someone to do a job that he believes he can do as long as he has the right tool.

Have you seen the George or Cindy Anthony with the hammer videos??, well that is me after a month or so of his foolishness. I mean how many times can someone wrongly measure/cut/hang sheetrock so that it's repeatedly 6 inches short of the ceiling before they think to STOP and remeasure??!!

LOL We foolishly purchased a fixer up home about 20 years ago. It's still a fixer upper because he's too friggin egotistical to hire someone to do a job that he believes he can do as long as he has the right tool.

Have you seen the George or Cindy Anthony with the hammer videos??, well that is me after a month or so of his foolishness. I mean how many times can someone wrongly measure/cut/hang sheetrock so that it's repeatedly 6 inches short of the ceiling before they think to STOP and remeasure??!!

Oh my heart-for me the clincher was the summer I had an infant and one in diapers in the kiddy pool while I filled in a trench in the yard of my brand new house with a pile of loam that was level to the garage. Day after Day, I would haul dirt in a wheelbarrow to fill in that dam* trench. I seeded it, watered it faithfully, and let me tell you 6 years later you would never know it had been there. I mowed the lawn, hauled the garbage, paid the bills, took care of the vehicles and the babies....and gradually realized that since I was doing it all any ways, why deal with the aggravation of one more drain on my energy....

To this day it confuses my children when anyone gets into a discussion about traditional gender roles and responsibilities-my four year old hand me the "toodles" as he calls them when things need to be fixed, taken apart whatever.

Men. :)

It is threads like this that really makes me appreciate my adorable husband :blowkiss:even more, if possible. :)

He is absolutely a workhorse and one of the most motivated men I have ever met. I always ask him very nicely to do somethings for me and with total respect, after all I know he works very hard and has loads of responsibilities at work and has other chores that have to be done regularly at home. He never hems and haws about it. He just does them and does them exceedingly well. My personality is easy going and so is his... so there is absolutely no friction when asking him to do something for me just like he occasionally asks me to do something for him...which I am more than happy to do.

I think much of it has to do with upbringing. His father was the same way with his mother and our son is the same way with his wife. They are just team players and don't have a lazy bone in their bodies.

Thank goodness, I am pretty nifty myself with doing most task so it takes some of the burden off of him.

imoo

It is threads like this that really makes me appreciate my adorable husband :blowkiss:even more, if possible. :)

He is absolutely a workhorse and one of the most motivated men I have ever met. I always ask him very nicely to do somethings for me and with total respect, after all I know he works very hard and has loads of responsibilities at work and has other chores that have to be done regularly at home. He never hems and haws about it. He just does them and does them exceedingly well. My personality is easy going and so is his... so there is absolutely no friction when asking him to do something for me just like he occasionally asks me to do something for him...which I am more than happy to do.

I think much of it has to do with upbringing. His father was the same way with his mother and our son is the same way with his wife. They are just team players and don't have a lazy bone in their bodies.

Thank goodness, I am pretty nifty myself with doing most task so it takes some of the burden off of him.

imoo

That's great!

I sure am glad hubby got up from the puter tonight and completed his Honey-Do-List, when I reminded him that he has promised for the past three weeks to put up a curtain rod for me over a window that's too high for me to attempt it...

For three weeks, he kept saying, "I promise I'll do it this week or this weekend. Tonight he said, "I promise I'll do it tomorrow night..." and I lost it... He got up to do it only after I said, "It's only four "D" screws...and I need to move the 12 foot ladder out of the livingroom so it can be vaccummed tomorrow". (for me that is losing it...lol)

Why does it have to come to getting ill and fussing over it when it is such a simple task that only takes a few minutes to accomplish??? :confused:

My grown sons will actually intentionally screw up something just so I will say "Forget it,,,Go on... I'll do this myself..."

:crazy:

imoo

Uhhh, this is just a guess. But you haven't been married long have you?

Why do women think they have the right to give men lists of things to do, but not the other way around?

because women dont need lists-we see what needs to be done and do it,lol just joking

Why do women think they have the right to give men lists of things to do, but not the other way around?

Because there is no need to make a list which begins with press "power button on remote control and select ESPN as a station".

Well dang it, you sound like a newlywed couple who haven't had their first fight yet!

Thank you. We have been very blessed that is for sure.

Our children say that we act like we are still on our honeymoon! LOL

MissieMt, angelwngs

Thanks, I enjoyed your comments. Question withdrawn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back