Identified! MT - Missoula - "Robin" 2UFMT, 17-20, Dec 1984 - Marcella Cheri Bachmann

pugsley

Reaction score
unidentified murder victim..

My name is Robin, and that's all people seem to know about me. I was living with Wayne Nance at the time of my death in late September of 1984. I had gotten into an argument over something stupid with a trucker, and all of a sudden, I find myself back on the streets again. This time it was in East Missoula, Montana, and it was freezing............................

http://welcome.to/justiceforRobin

i stumbled upon her case a while back and im not sure how i did but is she on the doe network as unidentified victime she could have family who she was estraged from and they are not even thinking to look for her becuse they dont care would be sad or she was an only child with no relitives alive or someting but she must have had friends i wonder if maby a tv show national will pick up the case and someone out their watching will know who she is

on the guest book at her page somone posted a link to this person thinking they could be the same i duno though ill post it http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/9/20012:58:05PM'

here are the details on her

Name: Terrie Lynn Hefner
AKA: Terrie Davis
Case Number: M9812004
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Dallas (Dallas County)
Last Seen on: 4/1/1984
Height: 5' 5 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 21
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 8/11/1964
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Hefner may have a chipped front tooth and a mole on her right cheek. She may have traveled to Louisiana.

Hi Smile,
She is on the doe network, but the other site has more info. Robin did not have a chipped tooth, nor any birthmarks on her face.

pugsley

Bumping for Robin.

This girl should have been identified long ago. They have a lot more info on her than they did on many John and Jane Does who have since been identified.

i know does anyone want to help me go through all the missing femals from that time period? maybe we can come up with something i dont remeber much but did she have any jewelry on her when she was found anything that belonged to her when she met nance? something that would stand out say if we were to post she had this unique ring or this thingy and someone goes omg that could be so and so? pm if anyone wants to help

Hi smile,

I have been looking for a while for a match. I have recently submitted a tip to doe with a possible match, but have not heard back yet. It has only been a few weeks. I also asked if they could let me know who has already been ruled out.

This girl has a scar on her forehead, Robin does not have one listed, but I also don't know what state she (Robin) was in when found( decomposition). She had been deceased for a few months. But doing a side by side photo comparison, the nose & the space between the eye & brow looked a lot alike. She also had the same lips & facial expression. Check it out:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1569dfpa.html - May 28, 1982

Pugsley

Twenty years after the bodies of two women are discovered near Bonner, one retired detective is still searching for answers. Authorities believe the women fell victim to serial killer Wayne Nance. Larry Weatherman is a retired Sheriff's Captain. He says, "We're pretty much through with the search."

That was Larry Weatherman 20 years ago, but today he's still searching for the identities of two women, likely victims of serial killer Wayne Nance. Weatherman: "I do enjoy my retirement, but I'd enjoy it more if we had her identified."

Perhaps what haunts him the most is that two young women in their late teens to early twenties were wiped from the face of the earth before their time. No names, no one to grieve them, no final resting place. Their bones are now shelved in a county warehouse, occasionally retrieved for University students to examine.

Weatherman returned to the place above the Milltown Dam where Nance dumped the bodies in the mid 1980's. He wants to mark the shallow graves with a global positioning device. That way if family members are ever found, they will have the option of returning to the crime scene, regardless of how the land is divided and developed.

Weatherman: "I have children and grandchildren of my own and if this ever happened to one of them, I know I'd never stop searching." He hasn't been here in 20 years. Weatherman: "I'm just trying to get my bearings, there's a fence over there that didn't used to be here."

Then after nearly an hour of searching he found what he was looking for. " Weatherman: "On Christmas Eve 1984 here in the bluff above the Bonner Dam where a wildlife photographer made a gruesome discovery. Here in this site he spotted a woman's foot sticking out of the ground!

Greg Hintz is the current Missoula Sheriff's Captain. He says, "The foot is right here and this is the gravesite." He recalls the fear building up in the community when the remains were found. Hintz: "It was the unknown, the community was dealing with something and it wasn't known who was doing this.

The hardest part was finding out the identities of these two women." One victim was around 18 to 20 years old and may be part Asian. The other victim was 17 to 20 years old. Her name may have been Robin and she could have been a hitchhiker passing through the area. These pictures of her were recovered from Wayne Nance's home in East Missoula. Dental records are entered into a national missing person's registry. Bone samples are now in Texas for DNA analysis, it's part of a national effort to update cold cases in a DNA registry. Hintz: "DNA will be a big help in this case."

New technology and a renewed interest are just what Larry Weatherman is searching for to give these victims a chance to rest in peace. It's his only option since the one man who could end the mystery is no longer here to tell the story.

Weatherman: "It would just be nice to find closure, for the families." Weatherman: "Yeah, for me too, to get it out of the back of my mind." In the mean time, he hopes someone out there can put names to the faces to close two of Missoula's notorious cold cases. If you have any information that may help identify these women, you can contact the Missoula Sheriff's Department.

http://www.kpax.com/Global/story.asp?s=3684685

http://www.kxlf.com/Global/story.asp?S=4765469

Authorities identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance...nearly 22-years after her body was dumped near Bonner. In December 1984...the sheriff's department recovered her body, but have spent more than two decades trying to find out who she was, where she came from and how she ended up with Wayne Nance.
DNA helped authorities finally identify one of serial killer Wayne Nance's victims. Her name is Marcella Cheri Bachmann also known as "Marci." Bachmann's brother, Derek, found his sister in a Cold Case series featured on MontanasNews Station.com.
Doe Network page from when she was unidentified.
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/2ufmt.html

I could not find a missing page for Marci on the internet.

I have checked on this one several times over the past several years. It is very neat that she finally has a name....

Im very suprised and thankful that this case was solved and that the family will now have some peace. Looking at the photo of Marci a.k.a. Robin, I would have never been able to tell that she was only 16 because she looks like much older.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/2ufmt.html
http://www.ktvq.com/Global/story.asp?S=4764019
Victim of serial killer Wayne Nance identified

MISSOULA Authorities have identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance, nearly 22 years after her body was dumped in the woods near Bonner.

Marcella Bachmann was 16 when Nance shot her three times in the head and dumped her body above Milltown Dam. She had run away from Oregon and had apparently lived with Nance for a time in the Bonner area.

Her body was found on Christmas Eve 1984.

Bachmann's brother was recently searching missing person's Web sites and found a cold case series on K-P-A-X television's Web site. It told of two of Nance's victims who had not been identified.

Derek Bachmann believed one of the victims was his sister and D-N-A tests proved it.

Another victim of Nance's was found about three miles from Bachmann's body in September 1985. She was shot twice in the head, sometime between 1983 and 1985. She has still not been identified.

Nance was killed during a home invasion in September 1986.

Thanks for that update! There's also a mention of this on the cold case thread. Something about this case had always bugged me. I can't remember what show I saw it on.....was it Unsolved Mysteries? It was thought for a long time that this girl's name might be Robin. How sad, but what a relief that she can finally be reunited with her family and put to rest :(

reportertype said:
Just cross-referencing for those who have followed this thread.

Here is some of the info from the link above:

"Authorities identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance...nearly 22-years after her body was dumped near Bonner. In December 1984...the sheriff's department recovered her body, but have spent more than two decades trying to find out who she was, where she came from and how she ended up with Wayne Nance.

"DNA helped authorities finally identify one of serial killer Wayne Nance's victims. Her name is Marcella Cheri Bachmann also known as "Marci." Bachmann's brother, Derek, found his sister in a Cold Case series featured on MontanasNews Station.com.

"Marcella Cheri Bachmann was a runaway from Oregon last spotted in Vancouver Washington in early 1984. Case files suggest Bachmann hitch-hiked to the Missoula area and met Wayne Nance at the Cabin Bar in Bonner where he worked as a bouncer. Several workers there say she went by the name "Robin" and lived with Nance.
"Weatherman: "When she was no longer around - he told people she got on a bus and left town."

"But, on Christmas Eve, 1984, hiker encountered a foot sticking out of the snow in the woods above the Milltown Dam. The victim had no name...but later authorities linked the murder to Wayne Nance, serial killer who struck the area in the 1980's. Since then, retired sheriff's captain Larry Weatherman remained committed to the case. It haunted him long after he retired...that this young victim had no name, no one to mourn her...and no proper resting place. Up until this week...her remains were kept in a county storage room.

"Marci's family wants to give credit to the Green River Task force for helping them even after they determined she wasn't a victim of Gary Ridgeway, a Seattle-area serial killer. They also want to thank Missoula County Sheriff's captain Greg Hinz for submitting Marci's DNA to a national registry. "

I couldn't find any info about Bachmann on any of the missing persons websites I visited: doenetwork, charley project, or ncmec. If her info had been posted there, I wonder how much sooner she might have been identified.

Hoppy

Originally Posted by reportertype

"Authorities identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance...nearly 22-years after her body was dumped near Bonner. In December 1984...the sheriff's department recovered her body, but have spent more than two decades trying to find out who she was, where she came from and how she ended up with Wayne Nance.

"DNA helped authorities finally identify one of serial killer Wayne Nance's victims. Her name is Marcella Cheri Bachmann also known as "Marci." Bachmann's brother, Derek, found his sister in a Cold Case series featured on MontanasNews Station.com.

"Marcella Cheri Bachmann was a runaway from Oregon last spotted in Vancouver Washington in early 1984. Case files suggest Bachmann hitch-hiked to the Missoula area and met Wayne Nance at the Cabin Bar in Bonner where he worked as a bouncer. Several workers there say she went by the name "Robin" and lived with Nance.
"Weatherman: "When she was no longer around - he told people she got on a bus and left town."

"But, on Christmas Eve, 1984, hiker encountered a foot sticking out of the snow in the woods above the Milltown Dam. The victim had no name...but later authorities linked the murder to Wayne Nance, serial killer who struck the area in the 1980's. Since then, retired sheriff's captain Larry Weatherman remained committed to the case. It haunted him long after he retired...that this young victim had no name, no one to mourn her...and no proper resting place. Up until this week...her remains were kept in a county storage room.

"Marci's family wants to give credit to the Green River Task force for helping them even after they determined she wasn't a victim of Gary Ridgeway, a Seattle-area serial killer. They also want to thank Missoula County Sheriff's captain Greg Hinz for submitting Marci's DNA to a national registry. "

I couldn't find any info about Bachmann on any of the missing persons websites I visited: doenetwork, charley project, or ncmec. If her info had been posted there, I wonder how much sooner she might have been identified.

Hoppy

Originally Posted by reportertype

Hoppy

Airys_01 said:
Im very suprised and thankful that this case was solved and that the family will now have some peace. Looking at the photo of Marci a.k.a. Robin, I would have never been able to tell that she was only 16 because she looks like much older.
I too thought she was older than 16. I kinda guessed she was maybe 25, 26 years old because of the photos. It's nice that she finally has a name- but it's kinda sad that despite those photographs, no-one knew who she was : (

the person who created the website for marci/robin was liz chapman i belive she was involved with doe and passed away a few years ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back