Reports from Boulder

Watching you

Reaction score
There have been sporadic reports from Tricia and group who delivered the Petition to the Governor's office yesterday. Just thought I'd share those reports here.

On Friday, Tricia reported that they received an incredible reception in Boulder and Denver - all of it positive.

The petition book had a beautiful picture of JonBenet on the cover. River Rat used it as a sign in the airport when they were picking up the other members.

Tricia said she was shocked at the positive feed back RR was receiving.

She said the media has been wonderful and there has been lots of coverage about the petition.

This morning (Saturday), River Rat reported in. She said they are tired and it has been a real whirlwind of activity, but they were overwhelmed by the response they received. She said the governor's staff gave them renewed hope with the attention they gave to their mission. They were granted over an hour of time and the governor's reps were prepared, as were the FFJ reps. The governor will review the information and consider their request.

Nobody in the FFJ group ever expected the governor to appoint a special prosecutor, and Tricia made this clear from the beginning. It was more symbolic than wishful, but they were thrilled at the time and response and attention they were given and "the media attention shined back on JonBenet as deservingly so."

There has been a good deal of press coverage. Gretta even reported on it last night.

RR says we should all be proud of Tricia. Nobody has to tell me that. I have met Tricia and I know what she is made of. None of this is about her. It's about JonBenet Ramsey. None of our reps were arrogant enough to think they could just walk in there and demand a new prosecutor and have their demands met on the spot. Tricia is very professional, very smart, and a brilliant speaker. The petition was presented in good faith and with hopes the governor will actually look at it. It generated some publicity for JonBenet and made it clear many people do not agree with the way Boulder has handled the case.

I'm sure there will be a lot more information after the trip has ended and our representatives are back home and rested. I don't know what they expected to find in Boulder, but I do know they have been inspired by the support they have received from the people in Denver and Boulder. That is encouraging.

I agree WY. I guess we were posting about this at the same time.

This is a really nice turn of events and most of the thinking posters are glad this was done and thrilled that some press was given to a 6 year old little girl lying in a grave with no justice.

Tricia and her group are AWESOME!!! Spending their time, money and effort for justice for JonBenet.

If nothing comes of the petition, at least she has kept the case in the news....and who knows miracles do happen. Maybe Owens will wake up and stand behind his earlier words, and appoint the special prosecutor.

Barbara said:
I agree WY. I guess we were posting about this at the same time.

This is a really nice turn of events and most of the thinking posters are glad this was done and thrilled that some press was given to a 6 year old little girl lying in a grave with no justice.

Not a problem, Barbara, I'm glad you also started a thread on this.

Show Me, they really are awesome. It took courage to walk into the governor's offices and talk to his reps. They are a great bunch of women. They all have kids of their own and I know this means a great deal to them, personally.

I hope this is a very long thread with lots of reports back about the effects of Tricia's trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back