Sub-Tropical Storm Laura Has Formed

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Subtropical Storm Laura has became better organized Monday and taking on more tropical characteristics. There is some indication that this system is becoming more warm-cored, which means it may already be a tropical storm. As of 11 p.m., EDT, Laura is located along 39.0 N and 48.4 W, or about 585 miles south-southeast of Cape Race, Newfoundland. Laura has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph and is moving north near 9 mph. The minimum pressure is estimated at 995 mb, or 29.38 inches. Laura may still strengthen before moving into cooler waters and transition into more of an extratropical system. Laura is not a threat to land areas for at least the next couple of days.
Also.....An area of showers and thunderstorms in the eastern Gulf Of Mexico will cross central and south Florida overnight Monday into Tuesday. This is associated with a weak low level trough and an upper level disturbance. While this area will not develop into any tropical cyclone, it will produce locally very heavy rain with rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with local amounts in excess of 6 inches.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hu...?partner=netweather&traveler=0&basin=atlantic

Wow--it is late in the year for these storms! I know the season technically has not ended yet but I am still not used to seeing these storms so late!

Wow--it is late in the year for these storms! I know the season technically has not ended yet but I am still not used to seeing these storms so late!

Remember in 2005 we ran out of alphabetical names and had to start using the Roman numerals for names. I so hope the storms of this season cease, quickly... don't need a 2005 repeat. :(

Remember in 2005 we ran out of alphabetical names and had to start using the Roman numerals for names. I so hope the storms of this season cease, quickly... don't need a 2005 repeat. :(

Oh yea, I definitely remember that! It was a horrible year!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back