CNN News Article on Tara 10-1-2008

angelwngs

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/30/grace.beauty.missing/index.html
They found it strange that her car doors were unlocked and that her car seat was pushed back way too far for someone her size. She was petite -- 5 feet, 3 inches tall -- and typically kept the seat much closer to the steering wheel.
corner_wire_TL.gif

Nancy Grace
60x45.nancy.grace.jpg

Cold Cases: Teacher disappears
8 and 10 p.m. ET
1.gif

see full schedule »

corner_wire_BL.gif

Also strange: An envelope full of cash was found on her dashboard, and her dog and cat were abandoned. Neither police nor family could say where the money came from or whether it belonged to Grinstead, and her sister and friends say Grinstead was an animal lover who wouldn't leave her pets without making arrangements for them.
The house showed no signs of a break-in or struggle, but Grinstead's bedside clock was found under her bed, and the time it displayed was six hours off. A lamp that was broken into two pieces was propped against the wall on her nightstand.
Co-workers and students at Irwin County High say the 11th-grade teacher was well-liked. She always seemed to be happy and appeared to lead a charmed life. She was beautiful, popular, dedicated and determined.
She was applying for a doctoral program in history and making plans for a very bright future, said her sister Anita Gattis.
But there were hints of trouble in her personal life. Grinstead's boyfriend of six years left her broken-hearted a year before, but had returned to town just a few weeks before she disappeared.
He was dating a much younger woman but continued to call Grinstead. The former couple had argued a week before her disappearance, Grinstead's sister said.

Then there was Grinstead's young former student, wo claimed to have had an affair with her. Police records show that she had him arrested for coming to her house and harassing her. Later, those chrges were dropped.
And Grinstead had lodged a complaint with the police department against one of its officers. The officer was friendly with her former boyfriend, and on the night Grinstead disappeared, the two men were seen together in his patrol car, on what is known in police circles as a "ride-along."

(more at link)

I was so excited to see it this morning because I thought they'd found some answers...

Prayers to the family & Tara... wherever you are.

While it was good to re-focus on Tara, the story did not bring out any facts that anyone following this forum did not know. We need something new to solve this crime.

While it was good to re-focus on Tara, the story did not bring out any facts that anyone following this forum did not know. We need something new to solve this crime.

True... someone knows something...maybe repeated exposure to it will either spark a recollection or a conscience... not that I think the person(s) who took her would confess but someone who knows them could come forward

I agree, in fact at first I thought I had read the date wrong because it looked like something that was written during the first few mths. That is not in any way meant to offend anglwngs, who I realize was just trying to add an update and it is afterall the "memorial" month of Tara's disappearance, etc. Really, though, I am shocked that CNN would not try to do some more digging before putting out a "new" article like that.

This case is not bullet proof as many who have followed know. There is the unknown DNA which if it follows the friends will be revealed eventually. Third party can come to limelight even if they didn't commit crimes before. If I were them, I would talk. But, that is just me.

I think Gary Rothwell will solve this crime. I think Leah Lightner won't give up either. There will always be someone on the tail of the perps. I know I won't give up even when I am quiet.

hi concernedperson. my name is Jeremy im from Ontario Canada..I am a big time i dont know what u call me i like to think iam helping sometimes like all of us on thesse forums but basically im prolly just nosey.lol but i never miss like nancy and gretta court tv all though now i hate the tru tv crap and i really miss the show that use to be on after court tv with catherine crier live i allways thought she was able to get special insights and leaks that the averege person couldnt i loved that show .im not sure if rating show how bad that whole thing has went since they canceled her and then went to only 3;00 then changed the name .I really hate now that they dont even have updates about othercases ok all that said ...i read that peice up top and from it what i gather is that well first off i dont buy the school kid theory .crush maybe but i dont think she would do anything further then that and i dont think he would do something like this and have the means to have it still unsolved ..so basically for me it kinda makes it sound like they want us to beleive its her ex bf and the other cop is an accomplace is that what u would get from reading that cnn nancy grace peice up top......but i have now read lots of her fourms and tons of theories im am just curious as to why anyone would think that Larry Gattis has anything to do with it maybe he does or dont i just am wondering why he is in the mix at all.........sorry this was so long.

hi concernedperson. my name is Jeremy im from Ontario Canada..I am a big time i dont know what u call me i like to think iam helping sometimes like all of us on thesse forums but basically im prolly just nosey.lol but i never miss like nancy and gretta court tv all though now i hate the tru tv crap and i really miss the show that use to be on after court tv with catherine crier live i allways thought she was able to get special insights and leaks that the averege person couldnt i loved that show .im not sure if rating show how bad that whole thing has went since they canceled her and then went to only 3;00 then changed the name .I really hate now that they dont even have updates about othercases ok all that said ...i read that peice up top and from it what i gather is that well first off i dont buy the school kid theory .crush maybe but i dont think she would do anything further then that and i dont think he would do something like this and have the means to have it still unsolved ..so basically for me it kinda makes it sound like they want us to beleive its her ex bf and the other cop is an accomplace is that what u would get from reading that cnn nancy grace peice up top......but i have now read lots of her fourms and tons of theories im am just curious as to why anyone would think that Larry Gattis has anything to do with it maybe he does or dont i just am wondering why he is in the mix at all.........sorry this was so long.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Thank you for your interest in this case. I don't think the school kid did anything to Tara either but he does have Anger Management issues that need to be addressed for his future relationships. Tara's BIL and sister raised a lot of hairs in Ocilla and much has been made. Personally, after all this time on the case I believe they stepped on the wrong toes. Thereby causing a lot of angst for themselves but I question the motives behind the anger. Most would recognize the horrible circumstances the family is in. I equate this to the Natalee Holloway disappearance. Beth has been stoic in looking for her child. Anita was vehement in her search for Tara.

Then life got hold. Tara's mother and Anita's mother had a re-occurence of cancer which ultimately ended her life a few months ago. The naysayers were then vehement that Anita wasn't doing anything to search for Tara. They ,of course, didn't have the compassion to understand that Anita was caring for her ailing mother since Tara disappeared.

One of the most horrific things about this case is the ability to cast constant doubt on the very people that loved Tara. The very people that did search for her (also searchers have been accused of malfeasance) than there is the lawn chair people who watch the searchers. Of course, this is in the past as there are no searches for Tara.

You think you can make long statements??? I can make longer ones. But I do thank you for participation.

One of these days the people that want Tara home and justice received will have it. I know it doesn't look good for the imminent future but hope is out there and hope is eternal.

I think we all know who did it. He knows he did it. I went to college in a rural university in south ga. I know several people from ocilla and that were GREAT maybe even BEST friends with her. There is a difference between the news media and small town talk. The small town talk is that a certain person without a doubt did this. I am irate as are others that this case has not been solved. I wish we could somehow put her name back out there and strongly. There has been talk that she was pregnant. That the money found was him wanting her to get an abortion. When she refused....he killed her or at least a friend did. He was definitely helped. I have a theory since I have been put in a similar situation myself.
She was pregnant. He/friend were going to convince her to drive to Atlanta, Macon or a larger city. Get an abortion. When she didn't do as they wished, they went into plan b.
JMO
Men and women alike can act out of character when love, lust, and just selfishness are involved. The only thing she was guilty of was loving someone deeply and with all of her heart. Maybe she did some wacky things out of love and desparation. We all do. We don't deserve to disappear or die because of it. I hope it wasn't the latter. But it sure looks like it is.
REMEMBER FOLKS
MY OPINION

I think we all know who did it. He knows he did it. I went to college in a rural university in south ga. I know several people from ocilla and that were GREAT maybe even BEST friends with her. There is a difference between the news media and small town talk. The small town talk is that a certain person without a doubt did this. I am irate as are others that this case has not been solved. I wish we could somehow put her name back out there and strongly. There has been talk that she was pregnant. That the money found was him wanting her to get an abortion. When she refused....he killed her or at least a friend did. He was definitely helped. I have a theory since I have been put in a similar situation myself.
She was pregnant. He/friend were going to convince her to drive to Atlanta, Macon or a larger city. Get an abortion. When she didn't do as they wished, they went into plan b.
JMO
Men and women alike can act out of character when love, lust, and just selfishness are involved. The only thing she was guilty of was loving someone deeply and with all of her heart. Maybe she did some wacky things out of love and desparation. We all do. We don't deserve to disappear or die because of it. I hope it wasn't the latter. But it sure looks like it is.
REMEMBER FOLKS
MY OPINION

Amazing! Thank you so much for posting this theory! It totally fits into what must have happened. I wonder if locals have gone to the GBI with this as a possible motive. If there were friends of Tara's who "knew" that she was pregnant because Tara told them she was then it would be vital information for LE to have knowledge of in their files for the investigation. I certainly hope that someone has the courage to bring it to their attention if they have not already done so.

JMO
REMEMBER FOLKS
MY OPINION

Sugarbritches,
Thank-you so much for posting the above information. I have followed this case closely for a long time. Your scenario certainly explains some things. I wonder if the person that is suspected by so many is a hunter? If so, I wonder if any areas he had previously hunted were searched? I have one other question, if you feel comfortable answering, I was wondering if the suspected man was/is married?

Thanks again, it is always nice to hear what a local person has to say about a case.

Ruflossn

JMO
REMEMBER FOLKS
MY OPINION

Thank you Sugarbritches for coming forward and speaking for you and your friends. This is a good thing for Tara's case. A few of us have felt exactly what you have shared for so long. That there are people who know something. I'm sure you have all shared your thoughts and feelings with the GBI by now. In the past, we worried that those who knew something would be made to be afraid of sharing what they knew. I can see that you are bottled up with this and need to shout it from the roof tops. Just know that we are listening and totally support you for posting here. But one thing you must consider here is your safety. We never know who is reading, so remember to keep your identity safe by not posting anything about your self that others could figure out.

If you or your friends know something that will help this investigation in a way that nothing else will, please call the GBI again. Agent Leah Leightner is wonderful and very easy to talk to. 478-987-4545 Even if you have shared everything you know before, you never know what small detail may come out that you simply forgot you even knew. It's that one small detail that we have all been looking for.

One night I dreamt that Tara was pregnant. It was an odd dream, as dreams go. But there was no father present in this dream, just Tara and me. I didn't put much into the dream being literal because nothing that I had ever heard, validated it. So I let it go as just my mind playing out a scenario. That still may very well have been the case for me that night too. But your emotions are coming across very strong, Sugarbritches, and I hope that you will share everything that you know again with the GBI. I feel that you know a lot and could be the person we have been praying for.

Please feel free to pm me here. I will gladly help you in any way that I can. And you are absolutely right - Tara didn't deserve to disappear or die because of it.

Thank you for coming forward.

I would guess the GBI has this idea, but how would they prove it w/o a body? Because of decomposition, finding a body (assuming this) after all this time would probably not show much. Then, too, a good attorney w/o a body would tear this scenario apart.

The solution is for someone to have a conscience; right now this does not seem likely, but as a person ages, conscience has a way of bothering people. Maybe someone will find God or have a daughter of their own, which might make them confess what they know. It may take years, but someone is going to talk.

If more than one person is involved, it makes you wonder if one would eventually turn on the other. If I were the person who knows, I would be as concerned as the killer. Accidents happen.

Good post Trino.

I have been thinking about the possibility of Tara being pregnant. According to my records, Tara found out that MH was back in town on October 4th, 2005. That is the same day he called her and told her it was over between them. MH had been in town longer than that, just that this was when he told Tara he was home.

If Tara was pregnant, and she knew before she disappeared, then it would be hard for the father to be MH. At least in the last few weeks before she disappeared. Perhaps Tara was further along than anyone knew. When was MH home prior to this date? I dont' know.

But if Tara was pregnant and had just found out, she would only have been a few weeks along. Who could have been the father? I know that many will jump to conclude that it would be HD, but Tara never mentions him in her emails or to her friends that I have spoken to.

Sugarbritches, I hope you read here soon. Perhaps you could clear up the pregnancy issue, with your thoughts on how far along you felt Tara was. I am just trying to connect some dots today.

It will be three years since her disappearance on the 22nd. Just two days from now. It's hard to believe I have thought about her every day for almost three years. Someone I never even met, but who has captured the hearts of many of us. Please keep Tara in your prayers and that a resolution to her case comes soon.

Sorry guys,
My laptop had to be sent away and "fixed"...it crashed with a horrible virus. But anyway, from what I had written, I have been told that the GBI does know of all of the information I have posted. I am sure they know a lot more than we do.
I really don't know much more than what I have already told you. I will relay anything I do find out.

Ya know ya'll have hit upon something that has been bothering me since the beginning. I just dont know. i go back and forth on that issue so much that I just dont know what to believe. On one hand, yes Tara could have been pregnant but, if that is the case then the person whom many believe to be the killer would be innocent because he was away. Unless, she was further along and I would think someone would have picked up on that. She was a small framed woman, like myself, and pregnancy shows quickly. (at least mine did) and if she wasnt pregnant and that money found was from a loan payback from one of the pagent girls, who is she? I dont recall any type of release about her stating that to the police, but who knows, the police havent been very forthcoming (darn them) haha with us, the mere public wanting to play arm chair detectives. (All is stated in complete humor) but seroiusly, I dont recall anybody being able to track down the girl who gave Tara the money. Anybody else recall any of that?

I remember it coming out that there was femine products in the trash can at her home and the reason why I remember it is because it felt so odd, like someone wanted to hurry up and squash any rumors that she might have been pregnant.

i know we talked about it here a long time ago, back when HeyPaula and NascarMom was daily sleuthers. Anybody else remember what Im talking about? anybody?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back