GUILTY IL - Bianca Starr, 3, smothered, Herrin, 27 Sept 2008

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
Here's another True Crime Report story. Thanks Steve!

I really can't wait for the family and friends that are supporting this girl, the killer, to give us their "side of the story" on this one. Looking at the comments made me so pi$$ed off. Why the heck are people, especially this little girl Bianca's grandmother, protecting the killer, Bianca's mother Karre. I swear, the CA syndrome (CAS) is contagious!! :furious:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/09/i_am_the_real_crazy_bitch_the.php#comments

Bianca Starr died last weekend. She was only 3 years old. Police were called to a Herrin, Illinois apartment complex on Saturday, where they found the little girl with her mother. Bianca was unresponsive.

Bianca's mother, 18-year-old Karrae Starr, was taken to the Williamson County, IL County Jail, where she is currently being held without bail. Everyone close to Karrae has told local media that they just can't believe this has happened. Karrae's ex, not the child's father, said he knew that Karrae spanked Bianca, but he didn't see it as abusive.

Something must have happened to Karrae recently, though. Neighbors at the complex where she lived with her daughter spoke of her drinking.

I have been following this story with interest since story broke. I'm curious why nobody (media? Websleuths?) has picked it up for discussion.
While I'm disgusted with Casey Anthony, I'm appalled by this young mother.
I've read her myspace (and her relatives' pages) and I would like to hear more about family dynamics etc. It would appear her step mom is only about 30 and Karrae herself, would only have been about 15 when she had Bianca. I read somewhere that she had lost custody of the baby for a while, but got her back some time in Feb? Has anybody come forward to explain why baby was removed from her care? I also saw a post on Bebo (?) where Karrae was ranting at somebody, about (who I assume is) her Dad, or perhaps Bianca's Father?
Anyway, I would definitely like to see this story discussed on this site:confused:

Wow, have you read her myspace? She basically lays out her whole defense in her "About Me".

This is a pretty unreal thing to watch unravel. The comments on Steve's blog from the "family" and "friends" and the myspace stuff is just so raw.

This one of these case's they need to just throw away the key on...

I miss old Sparkie... That where she need's to have a seat at..

The sister says it didn't happen the way the media is saying it did. How does she know?

What an absolutely adorbale little baby Bianca was. This is so sad.

Bianca was a breath taking little beauty. I don't understand everyone coming to her defense. She killed her daughter. And if she had already lost custody once, then obviously something was wrong.

I pointed this case out to those masters of schadenfreude and the public shaming of criminals at the Dreamin' Demon, and they couldn't resist:

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/10/02/karrae-starr-is-the-real-crazy-/

Most of the info is what we already know, but I like imp's cutting take on the issue of personal responsibility and where the blame lays in this story.

Someone who holds their hand over the nose and mouth of their child for 2-4 minutes is a stone cold killer-count it out folks. Look at the clock. Imagine torturing your precious child to death in that fashion. Imagine the terror of that child being killed by her beloved mother.

There is no excuse that works for me. I do not give a rat's bee-hind about how she was getting her life together and all of the wonderful things she had done with her life. She made her choice. But she chose for Bianca too.

We know the difference between an accident and stone cold first degree murder.

JMO.

OMG - I am sick. Thank you Dreamin Demon for those wonderful, graphic descriptions of what happens when someone is suffocated.

Do we know if it was Karrae who called 911?

Juding from the comments from Karrae's family I can see how the girl was royally screwed up (not defending her in the least - she is a murderer). From her families statements I am going to come to the conclusion that Karrae grew up without ever having to take responsibility for anything because whenever something bad happens it is always someone elses fault. How a dead child's grandmother can sit there and defend her daughter who murdered her and the grandmother saying it was an unfortunate accident.......holding your hand over a person's airways for 2-4 minutes is not an accident.
I just left a pretty scathing comment on Steve's site under the name Everest. I wrote it when I was angry and disgusted with these people and now kind of wish I would have waited until I was little more calm.....but I always feel that way anytime I post something that is confrontational.

Bianca was such a beautiful little girl.

Wow, what a cute little girl Bianca was.
I pray for swift justice for her.

Anyone check out her myspace lately. They took out all verbiage about wanting to be with a woman and also her "blog" claiming her innocence. Family and friends are obviously trying to "clean up" her image.

Anyone check out her myspace lately. They took out all verbiage about wanting to be with a woman and also her "blog" claiming her innocence. Family and friends are obviously trying to "clean up" her image.

Too late-being bi sexual or homosexual has nothing to do with suffocating a child. They could have left it up.

That alone tells me that they are used to sanitizing for her. She just destroyed probably the greatest thing she has ever done in her young life to date-what a waste.

What a beautiful little girl. What a waste some of these "mothers" are. Huge waste.

Karrae Starr found guilty, but mentally ill of murder of 3-year-old daughter
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 4:26 PM CDT Updated: Apr 13, 2010 4:26 PM CDT

<snip>

It took the jury two and a half hours of deliberation before they reached a verdict just before 4 p.m. Tuesday.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12304969

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/c...cle_519a296b-9290-5089-80ae-5cfa54db297f.html

A Herrin woman convicted of involuntary manslaughter in connection with her 3-year-old daughter&#8217;s 2008 death was sentenced last week to 14 years in prison...

Starr was convicted in October in the second of two trials on first-degree murder charges. She has served about six years in prison since her arrest, meaning she has about a year or two remaining after time served is calculated...

Mental illness was not a defense argument in the second trial.

What is involuntary about holding your hand over your child's nose and mouth until they die? I know, I know, plea deal, taxpayer money, etc. This person will probably have more children and with a family like hers, God is the only one who can know how that will go. Protect people from her, God.

What part of that ISN'T first degree murder?

Crazy she will be out in a couple of years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back