Receipts Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
A deep dive on receipts, both missing & released, is needed to fully develop other work, but, threatens to interfere the those threads (e.g. cell/pings, gas cans, etc.).

Focused attention on receipts here.

A deep dive on receipts, both missing & released, is needed to fully develop other work, but, threatens to interfere the those threads (e.g. cell/pings, gas cans, etc.).

Focused attention on receipts here.

Mr. Bond: Have you looked at the Anthony Donations Threads or the sticky that supports it Following the Money? They only deal with the financials of this case. You are welcome to join us at any time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72698

Mr. Bond: Have you looked at the Anthony Donations Threads or the sticky that supports it Following the Money? They only deal with the financials of this case. You are welcome to join us at any time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72698

Thanks, OakIce. :blowkiss:

Some WS'rs were gearing up to look up UPC info on items from available receipts over on cell/ping thread. And the discussion about some receipts being witheld prolly gen'd up a page worth of good posts on that thread too. It suggested to me there's enough of an interest to shine an intense spotlight on these receipts. We'll see...if it doesn't pan out I'll ask mods to merge into the Follow the Money thread(s). I took a quick look, and, what the posts I saw there were of a more general nature about the financials. I wouldn't wanta hi-jack that either, if the receipts thing needs some focus.

Let's give it a go, and see what happens. TIA for the suggestion!

I'm with you Mr. Bond! I want to know why Lee gave LE only receipt list for 6/30 til July, because I think June 25-27th is very important. I think she went to JcPenny on the morning of the 27 for a brief purchase. Why are reciepts that should of been evidence nabbed by Cindy & Lee? Why didnt LE get them first? ANd I heard that Cindy did not want to show her JCPenny Statements to LE, only the receipts she wanted to show. BS, if you ask me. LE should of suppena her for it. Sorry, just a short rant.

<snip>
BS, if you ask me. LE should of suppena her for it. Sorry, just a short rant.

Can LE subpoena those receipts, though? CA is not filing fraud charges against KC so those receipts aren't needed for the investigation. If they could somehow link those receipts to the other charges, they may be able to subpoena them, but it would be a stretch right now. They may have to charge KC with something more sinister before getting those receipts.

I'm with you Mr. Bond! I want to know why Lee gave LE only receipt list for 6/30 til July, because I think June 25-27th is very important. I think she went to JcPenny on the morning of the 27 for a brief purchase. Why are reciepts that should of been evidence nabbed by Cindy & Lee? Why didnt LE get them first? ANd I heard that Cindy did not want to show her JCPenny Statements to LE, only the receipts she wanted to show. BS, if you ask me. LE should of suppena her for it. Sorry, just a short rant.

I would like to know the answers to those questions as well.

What I am hoping is they are able to get the bank of america statements and then get receipts. I would love to know if there is any transaction for online use with the bank of america card. In the 911 call Cindy says she has affidavits from the bank and wants to press charges. So hopefully they will be able to use that even though she didnt press charges. The thing is we might not see that evidence in the latest document dump because it wont have to do with the fraud charges.

Can LE subpoena those receipts, though? CA is not filing fraud charges against KC so those receipts aren't needed for the investigation. If they could somehow link those receipts to the other charges, they may be able to subpoena them, but it would be a stretch right now. They may have to charge KC with something more sinister before getting those receipts.

Yes - IIRC, Lee stated to LE that some receipts were missing from those turned over, and that those had been given directly to JB.

I'd like to see a WS'r w/ the legal credentials explain what has to happen to make these receipts that are in the hands of the defense surface. Any loopholes that could keep them buried?

yeah the receipts and the time stamps on those receipts and the statements can really be helpful with the timeline, too.

Well maybe in todays documents dump they will reveil those receipts in there. We can only hope that we see either the receipts or the statements. I did hear that it was going to be stuff involving Targets too. Lets cross our fingers we get something worthy today to investigate regarding the cell phone pings too.

I so can understant the frustration! lets hope its a goldmine of info released today!

I would like to know the answers to those questions as well.

LE can subpoena whatever they want as long as the judge agrees to it.

It also doesn't matter if CA wants to file criminal charges or not. Her cc company can file fraud charges for unauthorized use of the card. It's my understanding that if they wanted to LE could pursue charges against Casey for those purchases. I know I read that here, I just can't remember where. I think in the first CA video interview thread. I think my photographic memory is leaving me with all of the docs released in this case :banghead:

Bond,

I'm willing to do whatever to match up receipts or anything else that needs to be done in this case. There is a way to look up items at Target by UPC numbers to see exactly what was purchased. It's fairly easy to do it too. :dance:

LE can definitely get a subpoena deuces tecum issued to the card issuer (JCPenny's) for whatever they need, IMHO. For example (though I don't think Caylee is with us, and I think she was deceased around June 16,) since Casey claims she was taken by the babysitter and that she, Casey, was forced into being silent, etc., LE could determine that the basis for the subpoena deuces tecum to the card issuers of its choice is to look for any evidence supporting (hahaha) Casey's wild stories, as Casey has been charged with child neglect and she may very well have decided to charge things for her child, rather than take things from home, to use for Caylee... Again, I don't believe Casey charged children's clothes or toys, BUT Le could use this story line as the basis for getting a judge to sign such a subpoena to said card issuers to go on the fishing expedition into whatever ELSE Casey may have charged.

Yes - IIRC, Lee stated to LE that some receipts were missing from those turned over, and that those had been given directly to JB.

I'd like to see a WS'r w/ the legal credentials explain what has to happen to make these receipts that are in the hands of the defense surface. Any loopholes that could keep them buried?

:banghead::banghead:

exactly! Why wouldnt LE ask the court for a release of all of that stuff from Baez?? I mean whats good for the Goose? right??
I recall Lees interveiw and he said the LEO who was in the room, while he dumped the contents of caseys belongings and Cindy pocketed the money & the Credit card......IMO, when he brought in all her stuff, it should of been evidence! I think the LEO dropped the ball on that. All of the contents would of been crucial for the timeline.......not only the receipts but the upc or articles purchased- even dresses etc that she wore to fushions in the photographs> Am I wrong with this thought?

Bond,
I'm willing to do whatever to match up receipts or anything else that needs to be done in this case. There is a way to look up items at Target by UPC numbers to see exactly what was purchased. It's fairly easy to do it too. :dance:
*snipped*

That's terrific, Insomnia. I just PM'd Shadow_of_my_mind after seeing a post suggesting that same approach.

Mr. Bond (absolutely love your handle, BTW), just as the defense is allowed discovery into matters that the state has charged Casey, there is a reciprocal duty on the part of the defense, once the DA/prosecution has sent over its discovery requests (which I am presuming have already been sent/served, and which I am also presuming include the general, typical blanket requests for anything that is in any way relevant to the crimes charged, etc.) to seasonably produce things and documents that are relevant to the crimes charged.

Please note though that the general rule both in state and federal courts is that one cannot introduce evidence of other bad acts to show the person charged acted in conformity therewith. This rule does not preclude discovery of such evidence, but a lot of attorneys refuse to produce it initially on the grounds that it isn't admissible, hoping their opposing counsel doesn't know that all they have to do to get it is fle a motion to compel its production - discovery is MUCH BROADER than that which may ultimately be admissible. Does this help?

I looked at this list and seen 1 purchase the 28th..but I agree, the days before are the important and there has to be a reason those statements are being with held from LE.

http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/la092308.pdf

snipped: Bond,

Me, too, and I'd suggest that someone might want to first bates stamp (ie, number at the bottom in a chronological fashion) all such pieces of paper in the doc dump, then we can break them up easily and refer to them easily. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni