WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

Thanks WC for new thread.

I guess most of us are still astonished the idea of Grand Jury. As has been made clear in the last thread, in FL law for capitol offenses, GJ needs to meet and if they indict, then a charge and arrest is in order. I think the protocol is laid out in last thread.

In this case, IIC to set charges at murder ! or 2. Sorry for the wording, but that is how I understand the gravity of the offense.

Discuss?

if caylee can be proved deceased without any doubt by a court of law ..then i hope she fries .. she shouldnt have the right to live or have ANY pleasures what so ever .. that innocent 2 1/2 year old baby doesnt now thanks to her .. or if she does get life .. then give her medications to make her think normally or treatment then play tapes of caylee over and over with her eyes taped open and tied to a chair

I have a question concerning GJ, as I understand it is conducted in private yes Baez can be there but not object to anything. My question are the witness's in the room together or do they go in one at a time? Also I heard on NG last night that the state may just use key things for an indictment but not all of their evidence as not to give the defense a road map I think was her term.

If they have a proven dead body in the trunk, motive, opportunity, and no other possible suspects, and the boatload of Casey's lies, they will have strong case, as there will be little room for reasonable doubt.

I have a question concerning GJ, as I understand it is conducted in private yes Baez can be there but not object to anything. My question are the witness's in the room together or do they go in one at a time? Also I heard on NG last night that the state may just use key things for an indictment but not all of their evidence as not to give the defense a road map I think was her term.

I don't believe the defense attorney can even be in the GJ room... just the prosecutors and the witness who is testifying. Each witness will be called in turn. I tend to think like Nancy that they will only use evidence and statements that they think will secure an indictment... not everything at one time.

Casey is also in the same bad position as the little boy who cried "wolf", she has lied so often, that nobody will believe any story she tells now, even if it would happen to be the truth.

13584090_350x350_Front.jpg

65.gif

Now's the time to prepare ourselves for the "confession"!

You know, the one where she says she killed Caylee accidentally and got scared and hid her body.

At this point, it's the only way she's going to get off. She's toast.

I missed this last night - but thank goodness!

You know, the one where she says she killed Caylee accidentally and got scared and hid her body.

Gee, I thought they had given her that "out" when she was first interviewed
I think she will have to tell them where she put Caylees body, which Im sure she will lie about cannot trust her to tell the truth!!Beings she is a proven liar

Poppy

Eliza, I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. The time for Casey to come clean has come and gone. That boat has sailed. I don't believe there is anything she can say at this point that would get her off. She has zero credibility.

Thanks WC for new thread.

I guess most of us are still astonished the idea of Grand Jury. As has been made clear in the last thread, in FL law for capitol offenses, GJ needs to meet and if they indict, then a charge and arrest is in order. I think the protocol is laid out in last thread.

In this case, IIC to set charges at murder ! or 2. Sorry for the wording, but that is how I understand the gravity of the offense.

Discuss?

What I found interesting is that on NG one of the lawyers said that LE is going to the grand jury and this will be their last case to look at - for this panel - they wanted an experienced grand jury, not wait until the new one was seated which could have brought a different outcome

Eliza, I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. The time for Casey to come clean has come and gone. That boat has sailed. I don't believe there is anything she can say at this point that would get her off. She has zero credibility.

I agree - tho I really think Baez has a lot to do with all this not talking - if you noticed Casey wasn't all c*cky and brazen in the beginning, it was when Baez was whispering in her ear and then started doing all this stuff - the 8 hours in the office, etc. - then she changed with the 'attitude' she shows just by her walk for instance - granted she could have always walked like that but that is not a walk of a person who is scared of LE and any consequences

If they have a proven dead body in the trunk, motive, opportunity, and no other possible suspects, and the boatload of Casey's lies, they will have strong case, as there will be little room for reasonable doubt.

Not necessarily. The defense will create that reasonable doubt on the basis that there is no body (YET). They will carry on with the lie that Caylee was sold to someone who ran off to Puerto Rico or whatever the most current fabrication is at that particular moment. If there is even a SHRED of reasonable doubt in a juror's mind, they cannot vote guilty...

Our only hope for a slam dunk case is that Casey confesses and leads LE to Caylee's body or LE just happens to find Caylee before or during the trial. Highly unlikely, I know, but stranger things have happened...

The question was asked on the other thread regarding whether Casey would have to admit guilt to accept a plea bargain. YES, she would, to some extent. A plea bargain is merely offered as a means to get a conviction, even with a lesser charge, such as manslaughter or negligent homicide... but she would have to openly admit to some responsibilty related to the actual death.. she could not then plea innocent just to avoid prosecution at all, or to avoid the death penalty. My guess is that they will only offer her a Life sentence rather than the DP, if she admits to guilt of some degree. She cannot accept the plea bargain UNLESS she admits guilt... it's simple. And ultimately the decision is hers, not her attorney's. The defense can ASK for a plea bargain but he cannot demand it. Only the state's attorney can offer it, and... sometimes they don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back