CA - Girl, 8, found hanged in her Rialto bedroom, 8 Oct 2008

miss u daddy

Barack the Vote!
Reaction score
An 8-year-old girl whose teacher said showed a lot of promise at school was found hanged in her bedroom Wednesday evening, police said Thursday.

More at link:
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_W_death10.48341ad.html?npc

So sad I can't even understand how an 8 year old girl could plan a suicide? I am thinking she was trying to strangle herself to the point near passing out to get that high. That was all the rage with middle schoolers a couple of years ago. Or maybe someone did that to her. Either way its just heart-breaking.
RIP

I wonder if she could have been playing and accidentally hung herself. I used to worry all the time that my boy would do that. He loved rope, string, anything he could tie something up with.

I'm confused about the comments about a teacher going home. Was this child at some kind of boarding school?

I'm confused about the comments about a teacher going home. Was this child at some kind of boarding school?

Cali it looks like they meant the teacher went home on Thursday after finding this out. The article says the little girl was in her room doing her homework and her grandmom went up to get her. It goes on to say the family has only lived in that home for about a year.

How sad. How painfully sad.

The latest article is from 17 hours ago. It says the little girl had been scolded in the past for locking her door. Her door was locked. Authorities can't speculate. There were bunkbeds and kids do play on them. What an awful time for this family.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_W_death11.4638a1b.html

How terrible. :(

I hope maybe she didn't mean to harm herself. I had a 21 year old brother hang himself several years ago... and it's been so hard wondering what he was thinking and questioning myself - what I could of, should of done. I just cannot comprehend an 8 year old doing the same thing. :(

Prayers going up for her family.

Poor little girl! Any more news? I thought the quote at the end of the article was weird. One of the nieghbors was mentioning the high turnover of houses and says "none of them are social down there". What the heck does that mean? I mean, I know what it means, but why say that? Strange.

I saw a show (Oprah?) where parents lost a son in a hanging. He was playing a game, popular with kids, where they stangled/hung themselves to cut of oxygen. The parents never knew he was doing this, but the boys friends were on the show too. They admitted that they knew the boy was doing it frequently.

The parents told how kids as young as 7 or 8 are doing this. It scared the hell out of me. This story made me think of that show, and wonder if she was experimenting with this "game".

Wow. How heartbreaking.
I think some of the other posters may be right about the little girl experimenting with "The choking Game". It was pretty popular when I was in Jr. High back in the early 90's.

Although, in this day and age, it really wouldn't surprise me for an 8 year old to feel that troubled to consider suicide. It horrifies me, but it doesn't surprise me. Life is hard, kids are cruel, money is short, parents are depressed and overwhelmed, many are less involved because they have so many things going on.

I pray for her family.
God has brought an angel home.

How terrible. :(

I hope maybe she didn't mean to harm herself. I had a 21 year old brother hang himself several years ago... and it's been so hard wondering what he was thinking and questioning myself - what I could of, should of done. I just cannot comprehend an 8 year old doing the same thing. :(

Prayers going up for her family.

Sorry for your loss Cakegirl. I have had more than one suicide in my family, and those questions never go away. :blowkiss:

I wonder if she just felt she didn't fit in. It said she was a new student.
This is very sad, I really feel for the family. I can relate to a young age and trying to kill yourself.

I was a year older then her when I tried to kill myself. Very sad but true. People ask why would I think such a thought at a young age. My story is a little different from hers. I was abused by my step dad and taken away by the state. But the state gave me back to my mom who stayed with my step dad. He admitted to what he did but only got probation.

I just wanted out of the situation in my case. I am glad to be alive today though. I wouldn't have the two precious sons I have and a loving husband.

I don't know what went on in this situation but either the above posters are correct or something else was going on. :(

Dear TB-

((hugs)) Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad you are alive too, and I am sure those two precious boys are as well!
I am very sorry for what you went through!

I wonder if she just felt she didn't fit in. It said she was a new student.
This is very sad, I really feel for the family. I can relate to a young age and trying to kill yourself.

I was a year older then her when I tried to kill myself. Very sad but true. People ask why would I think such a thought at a young age. My story is a little different from hers. I was abused by my step dad and taken away by the state. But the state gave me back to my mom who stayed with my step dad. He admitted to what he did but only got probation.

I just wanted out of the situation in my case. I am glad to be alive today though. I wouldn't have the two precious sons I have and a loving husband.

I don't know what went on in this situation but either the above posters are correct or something else was going on. :(

Dear TB-

((hugs)) Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad you are alive too, and I am sure those two precious boys are as well!
I am very sorry for what you went through!

Awww thanks!! It has made me a stronger woman today.

Poor little girl! Any more news? I thought the quote at the end of the article was weird. One of the nieghbors was mentioning the high turnover of houses and says "none of them are social down there". What the heck does that mean? I mean, I know what it means, but why say that? Strange.

I picked up on that too; i wish they would elaborate on what they meant by "none of them are social down there"

Would an 8 year old child even know how to hang oneself??

It's hard to even comprehend an 8 year old knowing how to hang herself. If I were in LE there I would be taking a long look at that.

This happened in my area:
http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?RecNum=3076&SubjectID=31
Macoupin County
· Brett Rose, private citizen, Bunker Hill

A snow day on Feb. 3, 2004 meant the three Rose brothers – Brett, 13, Austin, 10 and Cameron, 6 – got to stay home from school. Austin and Cameron were playing with a dog leash when it caught on a kitchen cabinet. Austin, who had the leash around his neck, jumped to free the leash, but fell causing the leash to tighten around his neck. Cameron got Brett, who quickly lifted Austin and removed the leash. He then began CPR, which he had learned at school the previous year. Austin was breathing on his own when the Bunker Hill Fire Department arrived.​

So anything is possible.....I think it is very sad. I would hope a 8 year old would not try to commit suicide.

I know that unfortunately choking or strangling 'games' seem to be pretty popular - they were when I was in Jr. High and that was over 15 yrs ago and considering how quickly kids are growing up and being effected by fads, trends etc I would not be surprised if this was prevalent in elementary schools.
So sad. I just have a hard time believing an 8 yr old would kill herself or even know how. When I was 8 I didn't really have a concept of death and what it meant.

I had a good friend kill himself when he was only 20 yrs old, a few days before X-mas. His parents had not called and invited him to celebrate with them, his girlfriends parents didn't invite him either and that combined with pre-exsisting feelings of not being loved, tossed aside, etc he snapped. His g-friend went out to buy cigarrettes and he put the noose around his neck, tacked to the door frame and lifted his feet off the ground......that takes a lot of willpower NOT to put your feet down when you start choking. His g-friend was able to revive him with CPR but he died in the ambulance. Twenty years old. 8 yrs ago - his parents have still not gotten him a headstone. You cannot even find his gravesite anymore since the little plastic marker long ago blew away.

How sad. It sounds like his parents just shut him out of their lives when he turned of age or a lot earlier. That is horrible not to invite him to their celebration of Christmas. Was he any only child? Not buying a headstone just shows the coldness of those so called parents. I guess they don't carry any guilt over his death. They will answer for their behavior towards their son at the end of time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back