CT Supreme Court Rules Gays Can Marry

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Excellent news! :smiliescale:

High Court Grants Marriage Rights For Same-Sex Couples

The state Supreme Court's 4-3 decision Friday that same-sex couples have the right to marry swept through the state with the force of a cultural tidal wave.

While lead plaintiff Beth Kerrigan and her partner -- soon to be wife -- embraced and sobbed after learning of the ruling, opponents vowed to pursue a long and complicated route to change the constitution to ban gay marriage.

more at link
http://www.courant.com/news/politics...,7812756.story

I agree, call it whatever you want to call it, but give them the same rights as everyone else.....

I think with the precedents being set we will see more and more states changing. The proposition to change the constitution in California will go down to defeat next month. Eventually other states will ahve to start recognizing people married in states allowing it. I hope.

I think with the precedents being set we will see more and more states changing. The proposition to change the constitution in California will go down to defeat next month. Eventually other states will ahve to start recognizing people married in states allowing it. I hope.

I pray you are right. Let's remember to remind our friends to vote. (I'm a little worried that it will be so obvious that Obama will carry the state that some people who would naturally oppose Prop 8 will stay home.)

I pray you are right. Let's remember to remind our friends to vote. (I'm a little worried that it will be so obvious that Obama will carry the state that some people who would naturally oppose Prop 8 will stay home.)

Prop 8 is pretty much the only reason I am going to the polling place that day. I'm not a huge fan of either candidate, and as you said, it is pretty obvious that Obama is going to win my state.

I've been reminding my friends of the same.

I'm so happy for all my friends who have so long been denied the right to marry those whom they love. Connecticut has long been a gay-friendly state (some exceptions, of course).

Prop 8 is pretty much the only reason I am going to the polling place that day. I'm not a huge fan of either candidate, and as you said, it is pretty obvious that Obama is going to win my state.

I've been reminding my friends of the same.

Good for you and, on a personal note, thank you very much, Shecky!

I don't think there's much precedent for a majority voting for equal rights for a minority. Such rights are usually granted by the courts. We'll see...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back