My Search Effort - Airport Lakes Park - Photos

Friptzap

Reaction score
I initially searched this park once on Labor day. I did not have my camera at that time so I did not want to move any items I had seen att hat time. I retured on September 12th and these are the photos from that search.

There are way to many to post/comment individually to each photo so I thought I would post them and if people wish to ask some specifics I will try to respond as well as I can to those concerns.

Background on this park: It has been around for a while, you will see a tag I photo'd from the bottom of one of the benches which dates the bench to 06' This park is next to a huge lake right where the airplanes pass overhead on their landing approach to the OIA. This is just off of McCoy road. This visit with the photos was at 5pm the park was very empty as I exited there were a few more poeple there for a little league soccer practice/game. Maybe 30 people at that time. There were areas of this park back in the woods where you can see evidence of "homeless" and or "party" hangouts.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=27645446&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
The above link shows the location on a map.

You will also notice that on my way out I circled the south most hotel and took some shots from behind it including it's dumpster and along the south perimiter as well and in one picture you can see the Airport Tower. Then I traveled southwest onto McCoy road and took a few images of a canal I have an interest to search along one day. This canal leads back to the big lake next to the park. This park is opposite the lake from Conway road. It is also very near the A's residence. And minimally used as far as I can tell.

Here are the Slideshows:
Part1

Link for those who cannot click the image: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/...ch Effort 1/?action=view&current=6cbdb1eb.pbw

Part2

Link for those who cannot click the image: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/...ch Effort 1/?action=view&current=b3bdf259.pbw

The individual files are in photobucket as well if you wish to post a specific one to ask a question. If you follow the progression of the slide show this also follows my path of travel in the order that I took the pictures.

Wow Frip that's alot of hiking.

I was wondering...do you know if any of these areas were under water the last time TES was around or after Fay hit? Was it soggy walking or fairly dry in most places you went?
Sorry too many questions.

Thanks in advance!:)

This is just off of McCoy road. This visit with the photos was at 5pm the park was very empty as I exited there were a few more poeple there for a little league soccer practice/game. Maybe 30 people at that time. There were areas of this park back in the woods where you can see evidence of "homeless" and or "party" hangouts.

Evidence of "homeless" and or "party hangouts" and 30 people at one time...wouldn't that make it an unlikely place to dump a body, despite the relative emptiness at 5pm?

Wow! Thank you! This is the area I was looking into as a possibility on the Google maps.

I saw the gates out front. Is this park closed at night? Also, how close can you get to the woods in a car? Can you drive though the wooded areas?

Great pics!

Wow Frip that's alot of hiking.

I was wondering...do you know if any of these areas were under water the last time TES was around or after Fay hit? Was it soggy walking or fairly dry in most places you went?
Sorry too many questions.

Thanks in advance!:)

This area was dry when I went

Evidence of "homeless" and or "party hangouts" and 30 people at one time...wouldn't that make it an unlikely place to dump a body, despite the relative emptiness at 5pm?

30 people when I was there at that particular time when I left. When I arrived there were 3 people there.

This park is relatively un-used at certain times of the day, each time I was there it was very empty. And I am sure when the soccer practice was over it went back to 2-3 people.

And those woods are deep.

Wow! Thank you! This is the area I was looking into as a possibility on the Google maps.

I saw the gates out front. Is this park closed at night? Also, how close can you get to the woods in a car? Can you drive though the wooded areas?

Great pics!

The park is gated but as you can see there is alot of "auto" junk back in those woods you could drive a car back to where I was during the day, unless you were seen of course or at night if you could get by the gate. You would need to cross the grassy area, the path I walked back to there would be about the same a car may take to get to that locale. In one pic you can see an old white car seat in the woods and several tires.

Thank you for sharing your pictures
and thank you for searching.

To add to what Frip said---

I don't think it really affects the likelihood of being used, as a place to hide a body.
I have a place where I hike in the woods and it is in central Florida. It never ceases to amaze me, how quickly it gets from thickly settled with homes to completely isolated---no one would hear you scream.:eek:
Anyway, I will be in the middle of "nowhere" struggling to move forward because I am off the used trails and making my own way. And it never fails....I will come across something ridiculously out of place such as a bunch of beer cans or a bag of trash or a pillow and tarp. Trash or not, it would be a good place to hide a body. Likelihood of the body being discovered is next to nil.:)

They appear totally open/exposed and most are public areas, young trees planted, BBQ grills, etc. No one in their right mind would put a body there.

Why would anyone put a body in those places?

But seriously, I am not sure what kind of "places" you mean.

In the kind of woods I am talking about, I can pass a dead deer on the way in and a few hours later, armies of vultures have reduced it to a skeleton which is then scattered by the elements and other critters. No gators needed--body gone!

OT, cute squirrel...:)

They appear totally open/exposed and most are public areas, young trees planted, BBQ grills, etc. No one in their right mind would put a body there.

I am not sure a person would be in their right mind to begin with, if hiding a body is part of the day's concerns.:eek:

I agree with you, KC didnt put her there. Its a more remote area, Im thinking to the east past Lee Vista. Anyone else agree?

Nobody said she planted the body right in the middle of the soccer field?

The woods I searched are as old as the hills, well if florida had hills.....

That is and was an area of my concern, these woods are just as old as any of the woods in central florida. The park was built long after nature created the woods. And the woods are very deep and you could have a wild party back there in the middle of the night and never be noticed.

While I was there on Labor day apparently the park was officially closed. A worker was apparently working on the plumbing in the womans rest room. Deep back by the edge of the lake, in a more open area than deep in the woods, I could barley hear a horn beep. Unbenownst to me it was this worker waiting at the gate I thought the beep sounded unussualy alertive but I figured if it was this person he would go looking for the person the car belong to before locking them in. Well he didnt and I fortunately for me was still there 20 minutes later when I emerged from the lake area. Again I could barely hear his horm beeping.

Why would any sane person hide a body anywhere? Point is this is a possible location as much a possible location as anywhere in Central Florida. ALL areas in Central Florida are as close to public view as any other area. She would need to travel to some unknown locale to find a truely isolated spot and someone like her is not likely to run around the country side looking for an isolated place, most people go to places they are familiar with and consider each locales "isolation" based on that knowlege. One could imagine she would travel 300 miles to the everglades to find a really isolated place if one wished. But to search you must think of places the individual may know about.

Her daughter loved parks and Casey mentioned " I feel she is close to home" when speaking to Cindy at one point. If she is "close to home" she is in a wooded area / lake that is very much near houses buildings other people as much as this particular park is anyway. Because that is all that is "near home" One would have to travel "far away" to reach a truely isolated place.

I agree with you, KC didnt put her there. Its a more remote area, Im thinking to the east past Lee Vista. Anyone else agree?

She could be anywhere? T.E.S. has searched numerous areas similar to this very spot and including as far as I have seen a portion of this very area. You two seem to disregard my efforts and to be honest I am insulted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back