943 users online (258 members and 685 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    Good job, Fritz. I think I sort of understand what you are saying about the woods.

    When I was growing up I lived in a typical southern California subdivision, but across the street and behind a row of homes was a small woods of eucalyptus trees bordering a playground. The trees are gone now - torn down for about 35 newer houses with small yards. That's how small this area was, but to hike in there when it was all trees was like going into a totally different world.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    356
    Thank you for sharing these pics and for your search efforts. I have never have been to Florida so this really helps me see what the search is up against. A lot of woods and water!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,862
    Thank you for all your efforts in searching for Caylee. Stay safe

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,148

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Friptzap View Post
    One of the reasons I chose this place is it's proximity to her home and it is a park. I would suspect some sort of sentimental value to that in Casey's mind placing her near home and something she loved so much - parks.
    Friptzap, I know this area and can vouch that it is definitely a place that someone could drop a body. Just wanted to pipe in as another local.

    ETA: As to getting lost in the middle of a city; any other locals remember when that poor guy went missing out by UCF? They found him a few days later, he could hear the cars going by and yelled for help but nobody could hear him! He had sank down in the muck and couldn't get out. For those of you with maps, this was near UCF, Alafaya and Research Pkwy. Very populated area with pockets of wooded areas, so a place does not have to be remote to get lost!

  5. #50
    Great job, Friptzap!! The photos are excellent and I am glad you are taking time to search. I think it is very admirable. WTG!

    I see a lot of areas which look like they could be easily used to hide a small body in those woods. I have to agree with you that Casey isn't going to go to great lengths to do this and looking everywhere is important. The "close to home" comment always stuck with me, too. (The "she's OK" which I now take to mean she had checked and nothing had changed...in other words...still hidden where she left her.)

    I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL) Did you see any rocks or boulders in that area as I didn't notice any? Strange not to see in the woods because here they are all over the place naturally.

    Doing a fine job!! Keep up the good work!! Thanks!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.


  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Great job, Friptzap!! The photos are excellent and I am glad you are taking time to search. I think it is very admirable. WTG!

    I see a lot of areas which look like they could be easily used to hide a small body in those woods. I have to agree with you that Casey isn't going to go to great lengths to do this and looking everywhere is important. The "close to home" comment always stuck with me, too. (The "she's OK" which I now take to mean she had checked and nothing had changed...in other words...still hidden where she left her.)

    I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL) Did you see any rocks or boulders in that area as I didn't notice any? Strange not to see in the woods because here they are all over the place naturally.

    Doing a fine job!! Keep up the good work!! Thanks!!
    Wild? yes natural to the region? I am not sure, botony is not my bag, some of the vegetation I have seen looked like it may be dumped at some point and not natural to florida in that regard. But again not my bag .....

    Boulders? Well I did take geology in college and they are not natural here ;-) florida was the ocean bottom for millions of years the ground is sandy soil and the rock bed is limerock! any boulders would have to roll down hill(Stream) from Georgia but that is why Florida is silty and not "rocky" The geological proccess negates boulders

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL)
    I can tell you something about the vegetation in CenFL. Basically it grows all the time since the winters are generally mild. We have many plants on the noxious plants list that are fine in other parts of the country but down here, they just take off like mad! Ferns grow everywhere in shady woodsy areas. I don't see many rocks and stones actually. The soil is sandy, the terrain is flat. During the fire seasons we've had, the firefighters from other states were amazed to see green stuff burning!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    43
    Snipped quote:

    Here are the Slideshows:
    Part1
    http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120015.jpg
    Part2
    <A href="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/?action=view&current=b3bdf259.pbw" target=_blank>http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120078.jpg
    **************

    When I click on the links you gave, all that comes up is one photo, very small, appears in upper left corner of screen.....I can't make it larger and it is stationery, not a slideshow. Can anyone give me any help? Thanks.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by surini59 View Post
    Snipped quote:

    Here are the Slideshows:
    Part1
    http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120015.jpg
    Part2
    <A href="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/?action=view&current=b3bdf259.pbw" target=_blank>http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120078.jpg
    **************

    When I click on the links you gave, all that comes up is one photo, very small, appears in upper left corner of screen.....I can't make it larger and it is stationery, not a slideshow. Can anyone give me any help? Thanks.
    Just click the picture don;t try to "use" the link. In board forums to make the image show up there is adirect link to one of the images related to the slide show so if you only use that portion of the "link" you will not get the slide show.

    Try that first andd see if it works, you should get a new window when you click the image in the first post.

  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Friptzap View Post
    Wild? yes natural to the region? I am not sure, botony is not my bag, some of the vegetation I have seen looked like it may be dumped at some point and not natural to florida in that regard. But again not my bag .....

    Boulders? Well I did take geology in college and they are not natural here ;-) florida was the ocean bottom for millions of years the ground is sandy soil and the rock bed is limerock! any boulders would have to roll down hill(Stream) from Georgia but that is why Florida is silty and not "rocky" The geological proccess negates boulders
    Thanks for the info, Friptzap and Marple!!

    So boulders or rocks you would see in FL would be from landscaping the area or used as rip rap on the edge of waterways and such places then?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Thanks for the info, Friptzap and Marple!!

    So boulders or rocks you would see in FL would be from landscaping the area or used as rip rap on the edge of waterways and such places then?
    Yes, we have to buy our boulders. Although Northern FL has some rocky areas, as you get nearer to Georgia.

  12. #57
    I could get you guys boulders from here for a song. LOL A lot of people use the rock found on their land to build their homes!

    Thanks, Marple!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Friptzap View Post
    Just click the picture don;t try to "use" the link. In board forums to make the image show up there is adirect link to one of the images related to the slide show so if you only use that portion of the "link" you will not get the slide show.

    Try that first andd see if it works, you should get a new window when you click the image in the first post.
    I still can't get it to work, I don't see an image in the first post, just the links I quoted above. But I do thank you for trying to help me, I'm sure it's me.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by surini59 View Post
    I still can't get it to work, I don't see an image in the first post, just the links I quoted above. But I do thank you for trying to help me, I'm sure it's me.
    No it's not you. It may be yourfirewal or something, or how you have your personal settings on the forum, can you ever view any images?

    That aside just copy and past the first part of the "link" from the http/ to the pxb that part is the link to the slide show. I will post a direct link as well to make it easy in the meantime try that. (Check the original post for the new links in a few minutes.)

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Thanks for the info, Friptzap and Marple!!

    So boulders or rocks you would see in FL would be from landscaping the area or used as rip rap on the edge of waterways and such places then?
    Bassically that is the only way. Rocks cost money too! not just a song! I paid 80 bucks for a big white smooth looking rock for my pond!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input #2
    By daisy7 in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input
    By sarx in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 1125
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
  3. Source: Kyron search now a recovery effort
    By chasing.halos in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 04:04 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 11:36 PM