GUILTY TX - Benjamin Curcuru & Erica Friesenhahn for child rape, abuse, Port Aransas, 2007

rsfy

Reaction score
Benjamin Curcuru, 30, of Port Aransas, and Erica Friesenhahn, 24, face charges related to accusations they abused the toddler last year.

CORPUS CHRISTI — A woman testified Friday that she suspected her then-boyfriend was sexually abusing her 2-year-old daughter but didn't want to get in trouble herself for beating the girl.

Benjamin Curcuru, 30, of Port Aransas, and Erica Friesenhahn, 24, face charges related to accusations they abused the toddler last year.

Curcuru is accused of sodomizing the child and is on trial for aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony. Friesenhahn will be tried separately on an injury to a child charge.

Friesenhahn said she once asked Curcuru why her daughter was bleeding from her behind. She said he responded that the girl probably was poking at herself and told her not to worry about it.

Curcuru's attorney proposed Friesenhahn may have had a deal with the prosecution, which she denied.

Friesenhahn, who cried throughout her testimony, said she knew she faced possible prison time but wanted to tell the truth for her daughter's sake.

"I failed her once. I don't want to fail her again. I want to see justice done," she said.

She said Curcuru often spent the night at her apartment and baby-sat her daughter while she worked. He also once took the girl with him to Dallas for a week without her, she said.

While she was dating him, she noticed changes in her daughter. The child began misbehaving, waking up in the middle of the night and no longer was potty-trained.

Out of frustration with her daughter's behavior, Friesenhahn said she lashed out at the child by shoving, pushing and dragging her. She also admitted to pulling the child's hair out.

The child, now 3, has been placed with her biological father.

Curcuru's trial will resume Monday in 319th District Judge Tom Greenwell's court.

Contact Mary Ann Cavazos at 886-3623 or cavazosm@ caller.com

Link to news coverage:(WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8-mvaPgZs[/COLORand:http://www.kristv.com/Global/category.asp?C=28301&nav=menu192_1

I think I'm going to be sick.

Ditto. That is DISGUSTING. That angel child - my goodness.

Did I see the title right, this is your grandaughter????

Oh my god, what monsters, that poor child, what the he!! is wrong with people?? Thank god she is with her daddy now and I hope they stff her mom and her sleazy boyfriend away in jail forever!!

Poppy

Oh dear God! I hope they both rot in prison forever!

My heart aches for your grandbaby!!!!!!! I hope she is now & forever more loved, safe and protected.

2 rotten pieces of crap..throw them out with the trash because that is all they are anyway. :furious:

How terrible. And the daycare workers seen the bruises, seen changes in her behavior, and witnessed the child say "My mommy hurts me" and they did nothing... How horrible on their part. :furious:

Oh, my heavens!! This poor little baby girl. I hope the egg donor and the boyfriend rot in prison. How on earth could anyone do that to a baby. And........the daycare workers saw all those awful bruises and heard her say "My mommy hurts me." and did absolutely nothing. For shame. For SHAME!!

rsfy......prayers to you and yours from me as well! Justice cannot be swift enough for this poor baby!

Oh my were those photos hard to see. I hope they both rotten in prison. THANK GOD this precious baby is healing and with her daddy.

Those daycare workers should be fired. I don't know about your state, but in California they are mandated reporters- people who are supposed to report abuse if they suspect it. Poor little girl, what she had to endure at the hands of these monsters. I hope they get treated likewise in prison.

I watched the video on YouTube (link from the first post) - how heartbreaking to see all those bruises on that poor little girl! I hope that the baby is now safe and being loved by her natural father, and I'll pray for her physical and emotional healing.

((( rsfy ))) Prayers for you, also, as you deal with the knowledge of what your poor grandaughter had to endure.

Bless this child. May her path be an enlightened one with no more pain and may all that surround her be loving.

The pics were horrible and the people that contributed to her abuse should be punished to the inth.No excuse...none.

OMG, RSFY - I am so sorry for your grandbaby. I hope 1st that she is fully healed and her spirit heals as well. I often think it's better at times for victims not to remember the abuse they suffered.

God bless your family and your grandbaby.

RSFY, I am happy that they have caught the abuse and gotten your granddaughter out of that situation. I am happy that they are prosecuting and I am glad she will be with family members. And I do hope that she will be or has been getting therapy to help her. I do hope she is able to get past this without too much lasting harm.

How are you coping? Just knowing what was done to her, had to be traumatic. You haven't said whether you were the maternal or paternal grandparent. But whichever you are, it is still traumatic for you. I hope that as she learns to get past it that you are able to get past it too.

Oh, my god, I am so sorry. you are the paternal grandmother? keep that baby safe and give her lots of love from all of us...poor baby girl.

Please keep us updated on the status of the trial. What is the maximum sentence they are facing? I hope this child is giving everything she needs to overcome what has been done to her. I hope she knows that there are a lot of people that care about her. Please keep us updated. Thank you.

I just watched the YouTube clip... and I am speechless and feel sick. :(

What cruel, sick, twisted people we have in this world. I hope they throw him under the prison. And I hope the same for the "mother". :eek:

Prayers going up for your granddaughter. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back