Casey may represent herself at trial.

one_hooah_wife

Loving Colorado!
Reaction score
Wftv reporting that Casey may represent herself ... and get taxpayer monies to do so ... what are your thoughts on this?

Wftv reporting that Casey may represent herself ... and get taxpayer monies to do so ... what are your thoughts on this?
Maybe that's why she started dressing up today. I can see the Prosecutors now. You honor, defense counsel and the truth are strangers...

don't they say truly crazy people represent themselves in trial?

How does that old saying go? Something about a man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client? 'Nuff said.
However, I am pissed that my tax dollars continue to be wasted in this circus

in a capital murder charge, would she be allowed to represent herself?

I am going to lock this thread for now until there is further clarification that Casey will represent herself. Thank you!.

Thank you everyone for being patient with me until I received some sort of clarification. Muzikman supplied me with a link regarding this information.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17705500/detail.html

The board has been running very slow making it difficult to get back to everyone in a timely manner. Thanks again for all your patience. :)

If Casey represents herself at trial, will she still be able to ask for a retrial--due to an inadequate defense, when she loses?

Everyone has the right to pro se representation ... so yes Casey can self-represent ... all she has to do is file a motion with the court with her intent and acknowledgment that she is waiving her right to counsel ... the courts generally use the same standards as they do for determining a person is fit and competent to stand trial to determine if they are fit and competent to represent themselves at trial.

KC's self-representation with only JB's advisement is the height (and perfect marriage) of his arrogance, and her narcissism. In any case she couldn't be found both "fit and competent to represent herself," and NGBRI. JMO

Everyone has the right to pro se representation ... so yes Casey can self-represent ... all she has to do is file a motion with the court with her intent and acknowledgment that she is waiving her right to counsel ... the courts generally use the same standards as they do for determining a person is fit and competent to stand trial to determine if they are fit and competent to represent themselves at trial.

And since she would be acting on behalf of herself as lead council, she could probably fill the second chair with Jose. Aww.

I think she would announce this to bring the circle of attention right back to her. It's a ridicules attempt and I doubt any attorney would advise her that this is a wise move. This is a real-life murder trial that is upcoming, not an episode of Law and Order. She's childish and naive (along with her other disorders) to even make such a statement.

just when you thought all the hoopla and craziness was over and done with......

Let's just say I'm glad I don't live in FL..what a joke.

My bets are on what Fox 35 reported and that is she will retain JB and he will assign another attorney to be the lead since he is not experienced.

I seriously doubt KC will rep herself....

Aren't you suppose to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in a court of law? :waitasec: hehe

I doubt she will represent herself, she never speaks! ..Plus it would be court room suicide.

I heard that ABC was reporting that if Casey represents herself, the state will have to pay for all of the testing of evidence, etc. and also pay for Jose to advise her. So I guess they have figured out how to beat the system.

Well she did say she wanted to be a lawyer, didn't she? :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back