Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
New thread. Remember to start threads on specific topics rather than this catch all discussion thread.

Wow. If this holds up, would change a lot.

It would also be hard to be mistaken identity since she said they made eye contact and actually spoke (saying hi). Why would this have taken so long to come out?

maybe she did not want to get involved.

wonder if she can describe what she was wearing.

Question: At 7:10 - is that enough time to get to the location from NC house? 10 minutes is a long time when you are jogging so I assume that even could be 2 miles away. I have no idea where the location is in relation to the NC/BC house.

My HE washer has cycles ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours. 30 mins is for the "express wash" & 2 hours is for the "sanitary wash". If you want a "skincare rinse" it adds another 10 minutes which I always do having 2 children with sensitive skin.

My dryer ranges from 22 mins to 79 mins. for the preset cycles "jeans, bulky/beeding" etc. You can also tell the dryer how dry you want the clothes and that affects how long each cycle runs also. I think there may be something wrong with my dryer. It typically takes an hour for my clothes to dry. Dh cleaned out the vent not long ago, but it didn't seem to help.

Thanks, Kelly. I guess with that wide range of times we won't be able to determine much about Brad's timeline.

My dryer's not working well either, but that's because it's 19 years old.:smile:

She lives near the southern end of Lake Lochmere, straight down Lochmere Dr from the Coopers house.

Well that woman is obviously lying.

Yeah, the gall to come out with this info on the day before the custody hearing! :)

Seriously, I do wonder when she made this known to LE. If way earlier, and they're BC is still on their 'short-list', then it sure would make me wonder if they really have anything of substance or not in this case...

One tangled web this one is I tell ya...

maybe she did not want to get involved

Yeah, I explored this before here. All the publicity (driven by the custody hearing) could very well end up having a negative or delaying effect on achieving justice (ironic for those driving the custody hearing).

There are many (for reasons good or bad) who may not want to have their name instantly plastered all over the world-wide-web, local and (inter)-national news, and web based boards.

Boxy said, "I'm not so sure the sex isn't pertinent. In my opinion, this says he could not control his primal instincts sufficiently to provide three young children with appropriate supervision. If he absolutely had to have an affair, he could have done so without children around. He obviously was not thinking with anything above the waist, not with the location (bedroom he shared with spouse), not with the other person (friend of spouse), not with the timing (while supervising children). No difficulty understanding why they were headed for divorce from this alone."

Well said!

maybe she did not want to get involved.

wonder if she can describe what she was wearing.

Question: At 7:10 - is that enough time to get to the location from NC house? 10 minutes is a long time when you are jogging so I assume that even could be 2 miles away. I have no idea where the location is in relation to the NC/BC house.

The distance from Ms Z's house iis a little under a mile from NC/BC's house, so would be exactly right time if NC left house at 7 AM and was doing an easy jog pace though it doesn't say where she saw NC.

Ms. Z likes afghan hounds apparently.

Wow! Wouldn't this be the break that Brad would need? And she talked to his lawyers about it and his PI.

Unfortunately, people also saw Laci Peterson, and Caylee Anthony.....

Sometimes people make mistakes. They aren't lying, they truly saw someone but it just wasn't the right person. The police will hopefully be able to determine from the clothing description that this woman gives and what they know of Nancy to have been wearing if this was a real sighting or not.

Wow - this could be a huge problem for CPD if in fact they did not follow this lead through to speak with this lady at length - especially since she had made contact with them several times.

I still don't believe that is was NC that she saw - but CPD needed to follow this one through to the bitter end and be able to say why she was not credible in her assertion.

I'd say she's reasonable doubt, but probably not enough to sway Judge Sasser.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/10/15/3744323/20081015142722449.pdf

Rosemary explains that she shared this news with the police right away during the search, they later exchanged voice-mails with her, but ultimately didn't follow-up. She mentions she shared it with officers during the road-side stops too, and still no follow-up.

I wonder what would be a reasonable explanation for CPD not following up with this person who has come forward right after the disappearance with key information?

Wow! Wouldn't this be the break that Brad would need? And she talked to his lawyers about it and his PI.

Unfortunately, people also saw Laci Peterson, and Caylee Anthony.....

Sometimes people make mistakes. They aren't lying, they truly saw someone but it just wasn't the right person. The police will hopefully be able to determine from the clothing description that this woman gives and what they know of Nancy to have been wearing if this was a real sighting or not.

This is the same argument you can use for the bug guys affidavit. As I said in the last thread, I fully believe everyone that has submitted an affidavit (not including BC for sanity sake here) fully believes what they have submitted is the truth. It doesn't necessarily make it the truth, but it is the truth as they remember it.

I'd say she's reasonable doubt, but probably not enough to sway Judge Sasser.

You think, even with this eye-witness, the judge is going to conclude that more likely than not, BC still killed NC? Not sure I'm seeing that (MHO).

What's really weird is WHY the CPD would not have followed this up. Why wouldn't they? What possible reason could it be? Did this really occur? Can this woman produce the business card the officer gave her?

This is just too weird. I am looking forward to the CPD coming forward to tell us if this happened and if so, why it wasn't followed up on.

Perhaps they had other people who thought they saw Nancy and they discounted it for whatever reason? Valid or not? After all, it doesn't prove Brad didn't kill Nancy, so what is the deal here??

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/10/15/3744323/20081015142722449.pdf

Rosemary explains that she shared this news with the police right away during the search, they later exchanged voice-mails with her, but ultimately didn't follow-up. She mentions she shared it with officers during the road-side stops too, and still no follow-up.

I wonder what would be a reasonable explanation for CPD not following up with this person who has come forward right after the disappearance with key information?

This affidavit is absolutely shocking. She seems 100% sure the person was NC and called the police to report it. How on earth could the CPD not follow up with this, other than it doesn't fit the BC did it theory. She even tried telling them multiple times. She also explains what she was wearing.

This is by far the most stunning affidavit to date. So what do all of you 100% guilty folks think of this? She doesn't know BC or NC and would have no reason to lie (apparently).

So what do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member