Ping Map for June 27, 2008 - Discuss that day only

I've posted this elsewhere but thought that I might add it here as it is relevant to this day's ping discussion. I believe that she somehow dumped the body (hate to say it) prior to the 27th and that she may well have left the car at the Amscott in the wee hours of the morning...(June 26th into 27th). Probably because it smelled so awful; she was trying to sort out how to deal with it and in the meantime didn't want to risk parking it closer to AL's place.

I think that she woke up on the 27th and felt compelled to go back and check the location. I don't think that she disposed of Caylee on the 27th but that she was compelled enough to go back to look. That's why I think that she picked up the car again on the 27th.

JMO

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is going to be hard to discuss just this day because I noticed something relating to this day in conjunction with a few other days, so forgive me if I go astray.

June 19th - text from AH to KC about going to see her car. Where was the car? I am assuming she means the one that had been in an accident because she had already gone to get her new one around June 15th. Could it have been at a junkyard? Johnsons or any other junkyard that may have given KC the junkyard idea?

Fri June 20th - KC pings near Johnsons? Why is she down there? Is she scouting the location?

Wed June 25th - AH texts KC asking her to go to her storage unit on Sat. Could Caylee have been in the storage unit up until that point? Maybe KC went to get her out of there immediately and then talked about the smell for the first time.

Fri June 27th - KC back at junkyard around 11:30 am before she was supposedly picked up at Amscott by AL. KC tells AH that she got rid of the source of the smell.

This is going to be hard to discuss just this day because I noticed something relating to this day in conjunction with a few other days, so forgive me if I go astray.

June 19th - text from AH to KC about going to see her car. Where was the car? I am assuming she means the one that had been in an accident because she had already gone to get her new one around June 15th. Could it have been at a junkyard? Johnsons or any other junkyard that may have given KC the junkyard idea?

Fri June 20th - KC pings near Johnsons? Why is she down there? Is she scouting the location?

Wed June 25th - AH texts KC asking her to go to her storage unit on Sat. Could Caylee have been in the storage unit up until that point? Maybe KC went to get her out of there immediately and then talked about the smell for the first time.

Fri June 27th - KC back at junkyard around 11:30 am before she was supposedly picked up at Amscott by AL. KC tells AH that she got rid of the source of the smell.
Triple A - When her phone pings near the "junkyard" it doesn't necessarily mean that she's at the "junkyard". There are times where it is quite certain that she is near her parent's home and the phone pings there. These are cell-tower pings - and the phone will ping to the nearest one that is not busy.

That tower seems farther from the A home I guess.

Posted this on the main ping thread but I'm bringing it over here.

All pings from 6:54am to 10:22am consistent with Casey being at Tony's apt and are not hit again until 12:25pm, when she was most likely back at Tony's apt.

Ping 3 - 10:35:10 – voice call to JG for 3min 4sec *She’s probably driving from Tony’s to her parents’ house. She does have a window here of 30 minutes where she could turn off her phone, drive down to where Padilla says she dumped the body and then drive back up to her parents’ house. But there is no evidence that this would happen in this time period.
Ping 4 - 11:09:04 – voice call to JCPenney Credit for 1min 18sec *She is now in the house, probably has stolen her mother’s credit card and is checking to see if it is still active.
Ping 5 - 11:28:17 – text msg from AL *Remember this is a Friday, as in Fusion Friday, and she’s now “in charge” of the shot girls. So I think the rest of these text messages with Jenna and phone calls with AL are all about that evening. She is still at her parents’ house.
Ping 6 -11:28:50 – voice call to AL for 2min 32sec
Ping 7 -11:31:55 – text msg to Jenna (shot girl at Fusion)
Ping 7 -11:32:26 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 7 -11:33:11 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 8 -11:34:05 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 8 -11:34:07 – text msg to AH – There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car *This is her last text message while at her parents’ house. It was probably sent right after she got back in the car and was assaulted with the smell.
Ping 9 -11:37:24 – text msg to Jenna *At this point, she’s back in the car driving.
Ping 9 -11:39:48 – text msg from Jenna *At this point she is most likely near or at Amscot.
Ping 10 -11:40:51 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 10 -11:41:14 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 10 -11:41:39 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 11 -11:42:29 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 11 -11:43:10 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 12 -11:44:13 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 12 -11:47:08 – voice call to AL for 1min 55sec
Ping 12 -11:49:38 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 12 -11:49:54 – text msg to AH - My car ran out of gas again
Ping 12 -11:51:09 – voice call to JG for 5min 5sec *Asking for a ride, as per his interview
Ping 12 -11:58:20 – text msg to AH - Two weeks in a row..on Friday..my stupid car runs out of gas. Wow.
Ping 13 -12:25:12 – text msg from someone (unidentified # displayed in log) *At this point she’s been rescued because now she’s back at Tony’s
Ping 13 -12:38:04 – text msg to JG *Probably telling him she's gotten a ride.

Posted this on the main ping thread but I'm bringing it over here.

All pings from 6:54am to 10:22am consistent with Casey being at Tony's apt and are not hit again until 12:25pm, when she was most likely back at Tony's apt.

Ping 3 - 10:35:10 – voice call to JG for 3min 4sec [*She’s probably driving from Tony’s to her parents’ house. She does have a window here of 30 minutes where she could turn off her phone, drive down to where Padilla says she dumped the body and then drive back up to her parents’ house. But there is no evidence that this would happen in this time period.
Ping 4 - 11:09:04 – voice call to JCPenney Credit for 1min 18sec *She is now in the house, probably has stolen her mother’s credit card and is checking to see if it is still active.
Ping 5 - 11:28:17 – text msg from AL *Remember this is a Friday, as in Fusion Friday, and she’s now “in charge” of the shot girls. So I think the rest of these text messages with Jenna and phone calls with AL are all about that evening. She is still at her parents’ house.
Ping 6 -11:28:50 – voice call to AL for 2min 32sec
Ping 7 -11:31:55 – text msg to Jenna (shot girl at Fusion)
Ping 7 -11:32:26 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 7 -11:33:11 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 8 -11:34:05 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 8 -11:34:07 – text msg to AH – There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car *This is her last text message while at her parents’ house. It was probably sent right after she got back in the car and was assaulted with the smell.
Ping 9 -11:37:24 – text msg to Jenna *At this point, she’s back in the car driving.
Ping 9 -11:39:48 – text msg from Jenna *At this point she is most likely near or at Amscot.
Ping 10 -11:40:51 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 10 -11:41:14 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 10 -11:41:39 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 11 -11:42:29 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 11 -11:43:10 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 12 -11:44:13 – text msg from Jenna
Ping 12 -11:47:08 – voice call to AL for 1min 55sec
Ping 12 -11:49:38 – text msg to Jenna
Ping 12 -11:49:54 – text msg to AH - My car ran out of gas again
Ping 12 -11:51:09 – voice call to JG for 5min 5sec *Asking for a ride, as per his interview
Ping 12 -11:58:20 – text msg to AH - Two weeks in a row..on Friday..my stupid car runs out of gas. Wow.
Ping 13 -12:25:12 – text msg from someone (unidentified # displayed in log) *At this point she’s been rescued because now she’s back at Tony’s
Ping 13 -12:38:04 – text msg to JG *Probably telling him she's gotten a ride.
[/COLOR]

Great timeline Eliza.......A couple of things have been bothering me though about KC probably driving to her parent's house.

What if she wasn't driving to her parent's house, but to an area she is familiar with? TL's area is heavily populated and the A's area has much more open space. And there are a couple of areas that are "close". That "close" statement by KC regarding Caylee has been haunting me since she said it.

Just below is map to and from the A's home to Amscott and per Google Maps the travel time is 16 min. So if KC had between 10:35 am until 11:44 am (approx), that is 70ish minutes to travel into Anthony territory and back to Amscott.

1/2 hr approximately to get to that area and back to Amscott, leaves her approx. 40 minutes to dump something.

00HopesptingToColonial-16min.jpg

Aside from Lp's theory area south of the A's home there are still two areas that interest me. The area by Lee's house......does anyone know if this area has been searched?? Also the area due east of the A's house......has there been a complete grid search done?? I think LE had some dog's there by the school initially.....but a thorough grid search??

00CayleeByLeesHouse.jpg

aa1212.jpg

If I had to dump a body in the summer time I would want to dump it in an area no one was around.......the school.....no one there in June unless it is a year round school possibly.

Great timeline Eliza.......A couple of things have been bothering me though about KC probably driving to her parent's house.

What if she wasn't driving to her parent's house, but to an area she is familiar with? TL's area is heavily populated and the A's area has much more open space. And there are a couple of areas that are "close". That "close" statement by KC regarding Caylee has been haunting me since she said it.

Just below is map to and from the A's home to Amscott and per Google Maps the travel time is 16 min. So if KC had between 10:35 am until 11:44 am (approx), that is 70ish minutes to travel into Anthony territory and back to Amscott.

1/2 hr approximately to get to that area and back to Amscott, leaves her approx. 40 minutes to dump something.

00HopesptingToColonial-16min.jpg

Aside from Lp's theory area south of the A's home there are still two areas that interest me. The area by Lee's house......does anyone know if this area has been searched?? Also the area due east of the A's house......has there been a complete grid search done?? I think LE had some dog's there by the school initially.....but a thorough grid search??

00CayleeByLeesHouse.jpg

aa1212.jpg

If I had to dump a body in the summer time I would want to dump it in an area no one was around.......the school.....no one there in June unless it is a year round school possibly.

The area at the end of Suburban Dr. by the school has been searched 5 times that I know of. 3 times with dogs.

The area by Lee's house was searched at least twice and most of that is underwater.

I was personally there and part of the search.

Eliza, GREAT idea bringing stuff over from the general threads to a particular day. This could really help get all the information discussed so far, organized!

Marsha, good questions and great-looking maps. I would bet that it's very likely the areas you're asking about have been searched - as much as they could given the after-Fay conditions.

Total Activity On Cell Tower 11
Lee Vista & Goldenrod 2 mi SW of Anthony Home

6/27/08
11:28AM

INCOMING TEXT 11:28 AM From Tony L. To Casey A

If it's true that she made a purchase at JCPenney's on the 27th, then according to the pings, she could have taken whatever she purchased back to the car at the Amscott.

ETA - Does anyone have any idea how she was getting around after Tony picked her up. She moves around a bit (seemingly without a car)...I wonder if she didn't go back and use it in the afternoon as well...

Nice job Eliza.

My question is whether or not it is plausible Casey discarded Caylee's body on this day. Here are my thoughts:

At approximately 11:45 she runs out of gas and pushes the car into the Amscot lot. Amscot is 15 to 20 minutes from her parents, depending on traffic / lights / etc. Cell activity supports her leaving the area around 11:25.

Question is, did she leave from her parent's house or somewhere close by at 11:25?

Note that ping 6 hits on a tower near the Carter Glenn Condos, followed by a hit on the cell tower near the junkyard. The junkyard cell tower is pinged frequently from the Anthony's home, but the Carter Glenn Condo tower was rarely pinged from there during the latter half of June (the pings are more frequent there during the first half of June, and they are bounded by pings at the other two cell towers near the parent's).

My guess is that she probably did leave her parent's home at ~11:25, although it is possible she was nearby in an area south-southwest of her parent's.

Now, when did she arrive at her parent's? With respect to ping 3, she is at most 10 minutes from her parents driving south from Tony's, so we can assume she arrives around 10:45. Therefore, she is at her parent's and/or in the vicinity for about 40 minutes.

She spends at least some time rummaging around her parent's, because she grabs some food (AL notes in his interview that Casey has it with her at Amscot, and there really is no time for her to make a grocery stop anywhere). She may have also rummaged through their mail, found the JC Penney card, and called to activate it.

Rummaging around takes some amount of time. The call to JC Penney pings a tower north of the Anthony's consistent with many call made from the residence, so she is probably still at the home at 11:10. This leaves just 15 minutes to discard Caylee's body, if that is in fact what happened then.

The text to AH suggests that may have in fact happened. If so, she could not have travelled very far from her parent's home, and the body would probably not be far from a road nor would it be buried. There was not a lot of time to do any hiking or digging.

It is possible, too, that the body was discarded in a nearby dumpster during this time. I do not believe the dumpster would be at the Amscot, because she texted AH prior to running out of gas and referred to the 'dead animal' being plastered to her car in the past tense.

Thus, if Casey discarded Caylee's body on the 27th, I believe it had to occur in that small window of time. This should mean a relatively small search area near the Anthony's and the body would not be particularly well hidden...unless she used a dumpster. The body would also be wrapped in something, because the trunk was pretty clean and Casey was too when AL picked her up.

I'm inclined to believe that June 27th was NOT Dump Day, myself. Driving around for 12-13 days in the back of KCs trunk I really think the smell would have been far worse.

I agree the 27th does not make sense. There is just not enough time available for her to dispose of the body. We can work backward and eliminate days in this manner. I think the smell gradually got worse as the car sat in the sun on an asphalt parking lot up to the point it was returned to the Anthony, but Caylee was no longer in the trunk.

For completeness, ping 24 is consistent with a brief shopping trip to JCPenney Orlando Fashion Square Store (3115 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL).

Well, guess I can't disagree with most of the thoughts here. So I'll give it a shot.

I lean towards that it's viable for Casey to have temporarily hidden the body very near the dumpster area during the mid-morning of 6/27.

But I find it strange that she called the Orlando Time & Weather number at 20:32 on her way out to the areas pinged as Lat 28.5947222, and then over to Lat 28.5904889 afterward (by 20:36). Altogether, between the time lapse of the Weather call at 20:32 until getting pinged in a more common area of Lat 28.5458917, a total of just under 20 minutes had gone by.

Maybe there's a clue as to why she felt the need to check the time or weather. Not a common practice for her, I think. Could she have moved the body at this time to a more remote area?

Just speculating.

Ping 37 is actually two pings. At 8:32:41 PM her cell pings tower 56, not tower 57.

Ping 37 is actually two pings. At 8:32:41 PM her cell pings tower 56, not tower 57.

Adding the tower 56 ping into the equation introduces the possibility of a very curious route to Fusian that night. Here's some speculation on my part.

By this time, Casey's car is at the Amscot, so she and Tony go to Fusian in his jeep. I say this only to note that they did not drive in separate cars. As they head out, she says to Tony "hey, do you know a back way to get over to North Econ and Blanchard Park without having to go all the way down to Colonial?" Tony says he does, and they drive that route. Casey's motivation for doing this is, of course, to find another route to where she left Caylee rather than having to take the long way.

When they get to North Econ, Casey then says "hey, I have been trying to convince Jesse all day to come to Fusian with us. He's been down the past couple of days and I think it would really cheer him up. Can we swing by his place?" Tony, says "sure" and they head up North Econ to University. As they head up North Econ her cell pings the SW sector of tower 56.

They approach Jesse's and her cell pings the north sector of tower 55. They speak with Jesse, but he's not interested in going, so they head back out. Another ping on the north sector. Heading down Alafaya her cell pings the southeast sector of tower 55. They wait at the light on Colonial, turn left, and then turn right onto Woodbury. On Woodbury her cell pings the southwest sector of tower 44. Approaching Fusian she pings the north sector of tower 38, and then after arriving at at Fusian, her pings are all from the southeast sector of the same tower.

picture.php

Recall in Tony's interview with LE there was mention of some things they wanted to discuss further but not on tape. Speculation on my part is that one thing may have been this curious route to Fusian, and another may have been Casey borrowing Tony's jeep on the 19th.

Adding the tower 56 ping into the equation introduces the possibility of a very curious route to Fusian that night. Here's some speculation on my part.

By this time, Casey's car is at the Amscot, so she and Tony go to Fusian in his jeep. I say this only to note that they did not drive in separate cars. As they head out, she says to Tony "hey, do you know a back way to get over to North Econ and Blanchard Park without having to go all the way down to Colonial?" Tony says he does, and they drive that route. Casey's motivation for doing this is, of course, to find another route to where she left Caylee rather than having to take the long way.

When they get to North Econ, Casey then says "hey, I have been trying to convince Jesse all day to come to Fusian with us. He's been down the past couple of days and I think it would really cheer him up. Can we swing by his place?" Tony, says "sure" and they head up North Econ to University. As they head up North Econ her cell pings the SW sector of tower 56.

They approach Jesse's and her cell pings the north sector of tower 55. They speak with Jesse, but he's not interested in going, so they head back out. Another ping on the north sector. Heading down Alafaya her cell pings the southeast sector of tower 55. They wait at the light on Colonial, turn left, and then turn right onto Woodbury. On Woodbury her cell pings the southwest sector of tower 44. Approaching Fusian she pings the north sector of tower 38, and then after arriving at at Fusian, her pings are all from the southeast sector of the same tower.

picture.php

Recall in Tony's interview with LE there was mention of some things they wanted to discuss further but not on tape. Speculation on my part is that one thing may have been this curious route to Fusian, and another may have been Casey borrowing Tony's jeep on the 19th.

Does a direct route traveling east from Tony's apt via University Blvd fit the pings equally?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back