Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops dies

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
DETROIT - Levi Stubbs, the lead singer of the legendary Motown group the Four Tops, whose voice endures in such songs as "I Can't Help Myself" and "Reach Out, I'll Be There," has died. He was 72.

Stubbs died today at his home in Detroit, Billboard.com reported. He had suffered a series of illnesses, including cancer and a stroke, that forced him to stop performing in 2000, Billboard said.

The Four Tops had more than 40 hits on the Billboard pop charts, including 24 that reached the top 40. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted the group in 1990.

Link:http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-stubbs19-2008oct18,0,1521239.story

That's really too bad. The Four Tops were a great band. Their music is timeless.

Just now saw this. What a voice he had! My favorite song by them is " Just Ask The Lonely". As the " Baby Boomers" age, we are losing so many of the great talents we grew up with.

We all are fortunate that we can still enjoy all the great performers who have passed through the movies and music they have left us.

As much as I love The Four Tops, and have listened to their music my whole life, Levi Stubbs will be missed by me mostly because of his performance in the 1986 movie "Little Shop of Horrors" as the voice of the plant, Audrey 2.

My first boyfriend and I met because of that movie, and we were together for a long time, and still keep in touch... Usually when we talk/IM each other, it starts off with a line from one of Mr. Stubbs songs "Mean Green Mother from Outer Space"

RIP Mr. Stubbs. You will be greatly missed!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back