Scarlett the World Famous Cat, dies (grab a tissue)

Chilly Willy

Reaction score
Back in 1996, Scarlett was tending to her kittens in an abandoned Brooklyn garage when a fire broke out. Having extinguished the blaze, firefighters sighted the mother cat, slowly carrying her four-week old kittens from the building. Badly scorched, her ears radically burned, she lined up her babies. With her eyes blistered from the inferno, she was seen touching each with her nose, to reassure herself that her litter of five had made it to safety. She then collapsed unconscious.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/scarlett-world-famous-brave-mother-cat/story.aspx?guid={B27B53FC-5A47-4DE1-BE09-60BC69849A8B}&dist=hppr

Scarlett's web page:http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/scarlett.html

RIP, Scarlett. At least she lived a long and pampered life after her heroism.

I vaguely remember reading about that when it first came out! RIP poor Scarlett. AT least she ended up living a wonderful life. IF she had stayed on the street, she would have been gone years ago.

Aww, I remember her! I was twelve years old when this happened, and it touched my heart so much. RIP Scarlett, you were one brave kitty.

RIP Scarlett! I remember when this happened. I am so glad she had a happy life after that!

I remember standing in a bookstore reading one of the books about her during Christmas shopping one year with tears streaming!! My prayers are with her family, I'm sure she is greatly missed. A beautiful story.

I wish more human mothers were so protective of their young :(

And I wish that more people would be interested in adopting the thousands of strays that aren't "celebrities"......it's wonderful that so many people wanted to help Scarlett and her babies, but there are so many more, "uninteresting" kitties who need homes too :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back