Ping Map for June 23, 2008 - Discuss that day only

Pings are consistent with her staying at AL all day with the exception of a drive down to her parent's home mid-afternoon. From at least 2:45 PM to as late as 3:45 PM Casey's phone pings towers in the area of her parent's home. Pings indicate she leaves around 3:45 and arrives back at Tony's at 4:10 PM.

This is most likely when Casey broke into GA's shed and stole the gas cans. Per the burglary report: On 06/22/2006, between approximately 1800 and 1000 hours 06/24/2008, unknown suspect(s)entered his shed.

Recall too that AL drove Casey to the home on that date in his jeep.

It is possible that her trip timing is consistent with other trips she made to their house while living with AL, meaning she may have arrived at their home as early as 2:00 to 2:10 PM (allowing for drive time from the last ping up at AL). However, with AL driving I think it is more likely time at the parent's was minimized. Tony described the time there as being 10 to 15 minutes - enough for a few songs to play on the radio (this was part of LA's interview, not AL's).

She doesn't have much contact with Lee so this message is curious:

From Casey to Lee:
Jun 23, 2008 12:40 AM
here's my question...
is 'the windy city' an appropriate nickname for chicago? is it really THAT windy?
i've always wondered.

Checking to see where he was?

From the Calendar

June 10-30 Amy did not see Casey only heard from her with phone and text
Page 1041 Lines 14-16 Amy H. Interview with LE on 7/23/2008

Brain B. Says: Saw green truck, saw male; heard Casey's voice, late afternoon

June 23 Brian B. heard Casey’s voice, saw a green truck, smaller than a F-150, like a S-10 or a Ford Ranger and a white male with brownish hair that he had never seen before, they walked into the garage; it was late afternoon.
Page 1394 Lines 12-16,25 & Page 1395 Lines 1-11 & Page 1395 Lines 2-13 Brian B. Interview with LE on 7/30/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/bb092308.pdf

KC and AH Text Messages 6/23/08
No text messages sent or received per discovery documents

Online Activity
From Casey to Lee:
Jun 23, 2008 12:40 AM
here's my question...
is 'the windy city' an appropriate nickname for Chicago? is it really THAT windy?
i've always wondered.

George chases Casey, who has taken off in Cindy's car (Some day this week, George unsure. Interview with G.A.)

B.B. sees Casey at Anthony's with man w/pickup
Casey potentially observed walking into Anthony's house in the afternoon, with brown-haired man with green pickup truck.
Interview with B.B. pg 12 line 12 - pg 14 line 20

Weather: Rain (light)

KC's Cell Pings 6/23/2008
1:11 am - cell towers ping near AL's apt until . . .
2:44 pm - cell towers ping near the Anthony home until . . .
4:01 pm - cell towers ping near Chickasaw Trail until . . .
4:06 pm - cell towers ping near AL's apt past midnight into the next day

Amy H. Says: She did not see Casey, only had phone calls & Texts
June 10-30 Amy did not see Casey only heard from her with phone and text
Page 1041 Lines 14-16 Amy H. Interview with LE on 7/23/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/ah092308.pdf

FWIW...looks like the outta gas call to Tony @ 2:44PM..and some subsequent cell activity while Casey is likely walking until Tony shows up ~3:04PM are exclusively serviced by Tower 22.

Note Tony states about Casey running outta gas in a nearby (to G&C's) subdivision. Some speculation that Casey was in the vicinity of Lee's house.

FWIW...looks like the outta gas call to Tony @ 2:44PM..and some subsequent cell activity while Casey is likely walking until Tony shows up ~3:04PM are exclusively serviced by Tower 22.

Note Tony states about Casey running outta gas in a nearby (to G&C's) subdivision. Some speculation that Casey was in the vicinity of Lee's house.

The direction of the pings place her somewhere along S. Chickasaw, from just north of Curry Ford to as far south as her parents. Her being at Lee's would be consistent with this.

Page 2502 mentions that on Oct. 16 McCaskill and Edwards conduct a lengthy interview w/ AL (not yet released). They then drive with him to visit several locations, including the place where KC ran out of gas on the 23rd of June. Not being completely familiar with police reports...if she had been at Lee's or very close, would they have noted that in the report, or would they be coy about that knowing the report would be released before trial?

I have been trying to find the reference for Tony L. regarding picking up kc walking in nearby neighborhood for days and finally found it!! It is in the document dump from Nov. 26th(?) when Tony finally admits that he is the one who helped kc break into the shed and get the gas cans from the home. he describes a call from kc telling him she ran out of gas and giving him directions to drive as if he were going to her house (which he did) and he found her walking south on Chickasaw Trail. It is on pg. 46
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-interviews,0,100606.htmlpage

Has LE looked at LA house for any evidence?? KC was there allot on some really important dates, like th 24th if KC threw away Caylee that day.............IMO, it wouldn't hurt! GA saw Kc on 24th with the car/trunk situation! Kc wouldn't let GA get near the car but GA saw the gas cans.......the kc took off!

I have been trying to find the reference for Tony L. regarding picking up kc walking in nearby neighborhood for days and finally found it!! It is in the document dump from Nov. 26th(?) when Tony finally admits that he is the one who helped kc break into the shed and get the gas cans from the home. he describes a call from kc telling him she ran out of gas and giving him directions to drive as if he were going to her house (which he did) and he found her walking south on Chickasaw Trail. It is on pg. 46
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-interviews,0,100606.htmlpage

I was looking at that too!!! I am convinced this is the date she put Caylee in the woods. Interesting that there are two stars on the report, like LE thought that was very interesting as well. So we have TL saying she was on Chickasaw Trail on June 23rd, with the Pings matching up that she was in the vicinity of that area and the Ants home for a long time period.

This has got to be the day. The question that is bugging me is with a little under 3 days of decomp in the trunk when did Caylee actually die? When was she placed in the trunk? Was she kept somewhere else? Did she die on the 20th? Maybe Caylee had been alive in the car for sometime before dying? It's all so disturbing, and I want justice for this baby so badly.

Has LE looked at LA house for any evidence?? KC was there allot on some really important dates, like th 24th if KC threw away Caylee that day.............IMO, it wouldn't hurt! GA saw Kc on 24th with the car/trunk situation! Kc wouldn't let GA get near the car but GA saw the gas cans.......the kc took off!

I'm guessing she returned to try to sneak the gas cans back in that day, but was caught by GA. I believe she had already put Caylee in the woods on the 23rd, and didn't want GA to see what else was in the trunk... Duct Tape, Garbage Bags, things that belonged to Caylee and who knows what else... or to smell the trunk because I imagine it was already starting to stink by then.

It's always bothered me too that George's story regarding the day Casey showed up at the house and he got the gas cans back has not been consistent. I think he did notice a smell that day and now regrets that he didn't search the car then and there. Or maybe he did and hasn't admitted it yet. Especially if there was a large stain there in the trunk that had not been there previously.
First time he "admits" to Casey having been the one to take the gas cans that I know of was during the Greta interview & Cindy promptly interrupts and finishes the story for him. Sometime later, his story is told to sound like he never got that close to the trunk area and never saw inside the trunk-that Casey rushed past him and sort of threw the cans at him with some expletives as well. Then during the police interview, he says he got to the rear of the car & saw into the trunk area-describing it containing the collapsible laundry container, etc. and noticed no smell.
Also, the story from George about Casey borrowing her mom's car(will have to go back and look at the timing) and George trying to follow her in his car and not being able to keep up with her-Why did Cindy deny this happening?
I guess what I'm saying is, if these things have no bearing on anything, why the lies?
By the way, that was my thinking as well about when the body was dumped-when she ran out of gas near the home and called Tony she figured she better put the body somewhere quickly in case someone stopped to help her (Tony or passerby) and either saw into the truck or noticed the smell.

Speculate that the body was outta the trunk prior to 6/23 (e.g. 6/20) since Casey was willing to call Tony for help to retrieve gas cans. IMHO, Casey would not have called for help if the body was still in the trunk.

Further speculate that Casey ran outta gas on her way TO G&C's (vs. on her way FROM G&C's) since the objective of the 6/23 trip was likely to obtain gas. IF the body had been in the trunk 6/23 and Casey had made it to G&C's she would have made EVERY effort to get the gas cans outta the shed herself. Casey kept Tony away from the Pontiac 6/23 by filling it herself and kept George away from the Pontiac 6/24 owing to the smell coming from the decomp stain as well as potentially from decomp stained items that remained in plastic bags in her trunk that she perhaps thought she could launder later, but, ditched 6/27 before intentionally leaving the Pontiac @ Amscot.

Speculate that the body was outta the trunk prior to 6/23 (e.g. 6/20) since Casey was willing to call Tony for help to retrieve gas cans. IMHO, Casey would not have called for help if the body was still in the trunk.

Further speculate that Casey ran outta gas on her way TO G&C's (vs. on her way FROM G&C's) since the objective of the 6/23 trip was likely to obtain gas. IF the body had been in the trunk 6/23 and Casey had made it to G&C's she would have made EVERY effort to get the gas cans outta the shed herself. Casey kept Tony away from the Pontiac 6/23 by filling it herself and kept George away from the Pontiac 6/24 owing to the smell coming from the decomp stain as well as potentially from decomp stained items that remained in plastic bags in her trunk that she perhaps thought she could launder later, but, ditched 6/27 before intentionally leaving the Pontiac @ Amscot.

If she did not ditch the clothes in a dumpster, I would think then they would be on the route up to Tony's along Chickasaw, if not at Caylee's location. Would be good to know if anyone found a bag of clothes during any of the searches along Chickasaw

If she did not ditch the clothes in a dumpster, I would think then they would be on the route up to Tony's along Chickasaw, if not at Caylee's location. Would be good to know if anyone found a bag of clothes during any of the searches along Chickasaw

I may have posted it on the 6/27 thread, but, I have hope that the find on Sunderson Dr. (trash bags discovered in a "hole" created by trees that had odd comments from TES) were, in fact, none other than these bags. It was from the tower a few hundred yards from Sunderson Dr. that Casey pinged the text message to Amy 'bout getting rid of the source of the odor @ ~11:30AM 6/27. This location would be a slight detour on Casey's way from G&C's to Amscot...up S. Econ trail, for example. which runs parallel to Chickasaw.

There is a thread for the Sunderson find.

Is this Correct?

Monday 6/23/08
No pings near the Anthony home

From Post # 592
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73373&page=24

On June 23 2008 is the date that Tony L says that Casey called him about running out of gas near the Anthony home he came and picked her up as she was walking on Chickasaw Trail.
That is the day they went back to the A home and broke into the shed with a tire iron for the gas cans and Tony took her back to the car. Tony told LE that Casey put the gas in the car herself. To call Tony would not her cell phone have pined off one of the towers that service the area in the A’s neighborhood when she Called Tony? The only other way for her to have called him would for her to have been calling from the A’s house phone and she walked out to meet him so he would not know that she was there.
Last Document Dump Page 46 of the OCSO overview of the case
Page 2316
Part 01 - http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

These are the calls outbound from Casey’s cell phone from tower #22 near the A home on Monday June 23 2008. Shown on Pine #9 on WE Ping map for June 23 2008
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73399

This is taken from CellLogRev9. Is this correct or has there been a modification to the spread sheet/or a correction in what was released via doc dump? If these call records are correct than Tony L. statement is wrong about the date of June 23.

2:51 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 5443 Tony L. (Cell) 2.5 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
2:51 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9293 Jesse G. 0.0 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
3:04 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9214 Amy H. 10.9 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
4:08 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9214 Amy H. 9.6 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home

Is this Correct?

Monday 6/23/08

From Post # 592
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73373&page=24

On June 23 2008 is the date that Tony L says that Casey called him about running out of gas near the Anthony home he came and picked her up as she was walking on Chickasaw Trail.
That is the day they went back to the A home and broke into the shed with a tire iron for the gas cans and Tony took her back to the car. Tony told LE that Casey put the gas in the car herself. To call Tony would not her cell phone have pined off one of the towers that service the area in the A’s neighborhood when she Called Tony? The only other way for her to have called him would for her to have been calling from the A’s house phone and she walked out to meet him so he would not know that she was there.
Last Document Dump Page 46 of the OCSO overview of the case
Page 2316
Part 01 - http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

These are the calls outbound from Casey’s cell phone from tower #22 near the A home on Monday June 23 2008. Shown on Pine #9 on WE Ping map for June 23 2008
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73399

This is taken from CellLogRev9. Is this correct or has there been a modification to the spread sheet/or a correction in what was released via doc dump? If these call records are correct than Tony L. statement is wrong about the date of June 23.

2:51 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 5443 Tony L. (Cell) 2.5 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
2:51 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9293 Jesse G. 0.0 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
3:04 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9214 Amy H. 10.9 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
4:08 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. 9214 Amy H. 9.6 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home

Hi, Shadow. I'm not following what makes Tony's statement wrong. Maybe I'm just overlooking something. Looks to me like Casey ran outta gas on the way to G&C's and called Tony for help. She may have called talked to Amy while she waited before or while she started walking.

Hi, Shadow. I'm not following what makes Tony's statement wrong. Maybe I'm just overlooking something. Looks to me like Casey ran outta gas on the way to G&C's and called Tony for help. She may have called talked to Amy while she waited before or while she started walking.

BJB,
So to make it more clear....sorry for an confusion...
I am referring to the date of Monday 6/23 in the list of post #592 that say 'no pings near the Anthony home'. Tony's statement says he received a call from Casey and the the cell phone log backs that up with pings from tower 22. My question was is the cell phone log correct that the ping map was made from. [I cut & pasted the calls that were made from tower 22, which include the one to Amy] If it is then the 'No pings near the Anthony home' is wrong. If the 'No pings near the Anthony home' is correct, meaning the ping map and the cell phone log is incorrect, then that would mean Tony's LE interview statment is not truthful or he has the wrong date.

Is this Correct?

Monday 6/23/08

From Post # 592
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=73373&page=24

Just looking for someone to clarify.
Shadow

BJB,
So to make it more clear....sorry for an confusion...
I am referring to the date of Monday 6/23 in the list of post #592 that say 'no pings near the Anthony home'. Tony's statement says he received a call from Casey and the the cell phone log backs that up with pings from tower 22. My question was is the cell phone log correct that the ping map was made from. [I cut & pasted the calls that were made from tower 22, which include the one to Amy] If it is then the 'No pings near the Anthony home' is wrong. If the 'No pings near the Anthony home' is correct, meaning the ping map and the cell phone log is incorrect, then that would mean Tony's LE interview statment is not truthful or he has the wrong date.

Is this Correct?

Monday 6/23/08

From Post # 592
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=73373&page=24

Just looking for someone to clarify.
Shadow

Ah...ok...sorry....sometimes ya just gotta hit me over the head w/ a 2x4 :)

IMHO, post 592 just contains a transposition error (e.g. 6/22 <=> 6/23 info).

In the new timelines thread here in the sticky forum I believe I worked through the dates post-6/16 thru 6/27 listing the dates where Casey pinged near G&C's to come up w/ 6/20 as most-likely disposal date. Just a short-hand version of the same thing.

When Tony helped Casey get the gas cans 6/23 he stated he picked her up walking down S. Chickasaw....and, IIRC, that she'd run outta gas in a subdivision nearby that she cut through on the way to her house.

Attached link suggests a possible route for the "cut through" that Casey may have been using. This appears a bit more tortuous than the more obvious use of Curry Ford Rd to make the connection between Goldenrod & Chickasaw, but, perhaps the left-turns required when using Curry Ford (left turn from Goldenrod onto Curry Ford Rd when traveling TO G&C's and left onto Curry Ford Rd from Chickasaw when traveling FROM G&C's) were a pain.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104911739131657185086.0004604b04c5a84b2de99

Using the worst-case distance scenario of running outta gas near the intersection of Quail Pond St. as a basis. There is a gas station @ the next intersection (0.15mi)...Goldenrod & Pershing IF she used this route...suggesting she'd be closer to Chickasaw than Goldenrod when she ran outta gas.

IF this is the route she used then it would've taken her less than 45mins to walk to G&C's (2.5 mi @ 3.4 mph)...less than a 1.5hr roundtrip w/ 2nd half carrying gas can(s)...this gives some insight into the decision she'd hafta weigh IF the body were still in the trunk...hoof it...or call for help and risk it. I'm not suggesting Casey would have done this analysis...just sayin' by a gut feel this is what she woulda had to think about. IMHO...that she called Tony for help suggests the body was no longer in the trunk...just odor.

Plenty of options, but, just an example from her cell log....

1:41:37 PM INCOMING CALL Amy H. Casey A. 0.2 Tower 57: 0.5 mi NW of TonE L Apt
2:44:06 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Tony L. (Cell) 2.5 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
2:51:37 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Jesse G. 0.0 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
2:51:59 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H. 10.9 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
3:02:03 PM INCOMING CALL Tony L. (Cell) Casey A. 1.4 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
3:04:05 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H. 9.6 Tower 22: 1.5 mi NW of Anthony Home
3:19:36 PM INCOMING CALL Mark H. Casey A. 5.5 Tower 8: 1.5 mi S of Anthony Home @ Tow Yard
4:01:14 PM INCOMING CALL Tony L. (Cell) Casey A. 0.8 Tower 36: 1 mi NW of Chris S Home, 1.5 mi SE of Amscot
4:08:04 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Tony L. (Cell) 0.4 Tower 58: 0.5 mi NE of TonE L Apt

Say the 2:44PM call to Tony pinging near G&C's is either a conversation or vmail ..."Hey, can you help me...I'm outta gas near such & such". Casey may sit in the car and talk w/ Amy while she waits...or she may be walking. She talks w/ Amy for 11mins and gets an incoming call from Tony @ 3:02PM..."OK, where are you?". Casey calls Amy back and tells her she's being rescued in a few minutes and talks for another 10mins. After getting off the phone w/ Amy ~3:15PM perhaps Casey starts walking...at least wanting to keep Tony away from the smell in her car. She TAKES the incoming call from Mark H. @ 3:19PM and talks for 5.5mins indicating that Tony hasn't arrived yet. Sooo...just for grins...perhaps she started walking @ 3:15PM...she would've easily made it to Chickasaw (0.9mi @ 3.4mph = 16mins) by the time Tony arrives sometime after 3:25PM.

By 4:01PM calls are pinging well on the way back to Tony's. While pings coulda been before she actually reached Tony's for est. say she was there and it takes ~23mins to drive from G&C's if she went directly...so 4:01PM less 23mins means she finished filling up the Pontiac around 3:38PM. This left ~3:38PM - 3:25PM or ~13mins to be picked up, drive the <1mile balance to G&C's, get the gas cans and get back to the Pontiac. Tight...but within the margin of error for some of the assumptions. Almost left out them bein' seen by Brian B. in that ~10mins they were @ G&C's.

I dunno if all of the above reconciles w/ statement details given...perhaps someone more familiar w/ statements can poke holes in it.

I just noticed this potential cut-through subdivision route when looking for the Brackenwood house yesterday and thought I'd toss it in here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back