Video of the Forensics

Thanks for that Cami. I thought the re-enactment of her 911 call was plausible. However, wasn't Darin downstairs at that time. Surely he would have seen her doing all that staging?

Who knows Darin may have seen her do all of the staging, but he "towed" the line and mantra of the "intruder". After all if Darin does come clean, it will "harm" the living child. Mom will go to her death, there will be no "cult" of Darlie supporters, Darin will face charges and he whole "gig" will be up.

Not a chance that is going to happen.

Thank you for this Cami!! :)

Thanks for that Cami. I thought the re-enactment of her 911 call was plausible. However, wasn't Darin downstairs at that time. Surely he would have seen her doing all that staging?

Well Darin's testimony is that he was bent over Devon applying CPR and didn't know what Darlie was doing. Then there is that terrible moment during that call when Darlie hisses Damon, Damon, Damon to Darin in a pissed off voice so who knows what was going on then. Perhaps not, he says he woke up to the sound of the glass breaking...staging would have been done by then.

Dang, for some reason I can't view youtube videos. Bummer.

<<but he "towed" the line and mantra of the "intruder">>

I think the reason he toed the line is because I think he may possibly have been afraid they'd try to blame it on him. Not to mention what else he may have been up to that he didn't want police looking into too closely. If I recall, he finally did come out and admit he had tried to hire someone to rob the house; which Darlie tried to use as a "intruder did it" scenario.

<<but he "towed" the line and mantra of the "intruder">>

I think the reason he toed the line is because I think he may possibly have been afraid they'd try to blame it on him. Not to mention what else he may have been up to that he didn't want police looking into too closely. If I recall, he finally did come out and admit he had tried to hire someone to rob the house; which Darlie tried to use as a "intruder did it" scenario.

That was investigated and they found no evidence whatsoever that Darin was planning to have the house robbed or tried to hire someone. It was designed to cause reasonable doubt for Darlie's appeal. Darin was investaged first by the cops as the first suspect and they found no criminal background whatsoever and no evidence that Darin was involved in the murders, I mean blood evidence, physical evidence, etc. As well, both Darin and Darlie adamently denied they had any money problems at the time of the murders, no marital problems, everything was just peachy keen with them. Darin did admit on the stand that his business had flattened out and Darlie admitted they "had words" that's all they would admit.

<<That was investigated and they found no evidence whatsoever that Darin was planning to have the house robbed or tried to hire someone. It was designed to cause reasonable doubt for Darlie's appeal>>

I'm a little confused .... are they saying Darin's father-in-law and Darin himself lied about Darin trying to hire someone to rob the house for the insurance? The reason I'm confused is that I remember Darin himself admitting he talked to people about having someone rob the house.

Here's Darin's affidavit: It seems it took him 6 years to remember this.
Affidavit of Darin Routier
In the Criminal District Court No.3
Dallas County, Texas
DARLIE LYNN ROUTIER
No. F96-39973-MJ IN THE CRIMINAL
DISTRICT COURT
NO. 3 OF
DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS

AFFIDAVIT OF DARIN ROUTIER

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this day personally appeared DARIN ROUTIER, who, being by me duly sworn on his oath, stated the following:

"My name is Darin Routier. I am over the age of twenty-one and I reside in McKinney, Texas. I am capable and fully competent to make this affidavit. The statement herein are true and correct to the best of my personal knowledge. I am the husband of the Petitioner, Darlie Lynn Routier.

"In 1994, I spoke to a person about my Jaguar automobile. In that conversation, I said that "it wouldn't bother me" if the Jaguar was stolen. That person then stole the Jaguar.

"In March or April, 1996, I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam. I said that I would arrange for my family to be absent from my house at 5801 Eagle Drive, that someone who I would hire would come to the house and take away the furniture and other items from my house in a U-Haul truck, and that I would then pay that person from the proceeds of the resulting insurance payments.

"Between March 1996 and May 1996, I told multiple people of my planned insurance scam.

"In the late evening on June 5, 1996, I had a verbal disagreement with my wife Darlie Lynn Routier. During that discussion, my wife asked me for a martial separation.

"I first met with attorney Douglas Mulder in July 1996. I met at least once a week with Mr. Mulder in July 1996. The subject of the meetings was Mr. Mulder's potential representation of my wife Darlie Lynn Routier and I in her criminal trial.

"I continued to meet with Mr. Mulder in August 1996. During one of the meetings I had with Mr. Mulder in August 1996, he told me that the court-appointed attorneys in my wife's case, Wayne Huff and Douglas Parks, had confided in him that they were going to try and portray me as the person guilty of the murder of my sons Damon and Devon because they thought that I had something to do with the deaths of my sons. I told Mr. Mulder that if we hired him, I did not want him to "go after" me. Mr. Mulder agreed that, if hired to represent my wife, he would not argue as part of the defense that I was in any way responsible for the death of my children.

"Between July 1996 and late September 1996, I continued to meet regularly with Mr. Mulder. On September 30, 1996, Mr. Mulder represented me at a show cause hearing before Judge Tolle where the State of Texas alleged that I violated a gag order in the criminal case against my wife. In September and October 1996, I believe, based on Mr. Mulder's comments to me, that he was my attorney.

"On October 21, 1996, Mr. Mulder became lead counsel in my wife's criminal trial."

[signed]

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me on this the 11 day of July, 2002

[signed]

<<I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam>>

So if I understand this correctly, Darin came up with this insurance scam bit after six years to try to help Darlie's appeal?

I watched the video and it is chilling.

I followed this case in the news. I did not have cable or internet so did not know many details.

I live near the cemetery where the boys are buried. I think of them often when I pass by.

Can someone point out where in the videos they show the sinks with luminal? I missed it...TIA

I am really not convinced Darlie did this. I think Darin had some shady dealings going on and this was retribution and he won't fess up b/c he's scared of further retribution on himself and Drake. Darlie was admittedly hopped up on some sort of antidepressants (Paxil? Prozac?) that probably rendered her unable to "grieve" the way those who aren't medicated can (no tears, cheerful party at the grave). She could have picked up any bloody thing really fast to get those two little spatter stains on the back of her shirt. And the sock in the alley...maybe the killer dropped it there while getting into his car/bike/motorcycle. I know that her skin cells were on the inside, but I can't tell you how many socks I right side out either before or after washing by sticking my hand inside and turning it out. Maybe she did bleed at the sink--it wasn't the only place she bled. Maybe that's where she bled the most b/c that's where she dialed the phone and waited for 911 to pick up. Or maybe she was standing there trying to wake up and make sense of everything that was going on. If someone came in and stabbed my children (god forbid) I really don't know if I would hear it right away. And it would take me a little while to get my wits about me before I comprehended what the %^&* was going on. Besides, that's a REALLY gruesome, messy murder to commit on kids and a lot of work for a woman to accomplish in the middle of the night. And if she was so into her life, her lifestyle, etc., would she really make that big of a mess of her house??? I dunno, I can't buy this one with just what I know so far.

<<I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam>>

So if I understand this correctly, Darin came up with this insurance scam bit after six years to try to help Darlie's appeal?

yes, well actually I think it was two years later that Mr. Kee "suddenly remembered" that Darin had talked about having the house robbed. I think it became public after six years in time for her appeal..intended to cause reasonable doubt.

<<That was investigated and they found no evidence whatsoever that Darin was planning to have the house robbed or tried to hire someone. It was designed to cause reasonable doubt for Darlie's appeal>>

I'm a little confused .... are they saying Darin's father-in-law and Darin himself lied about Darin trying to hire someone to rob the house for the insurance? The reason I'm confused is that I remember Darin himself admitting he talked to people about having someone rob the house.

That "someone" has yet to be found nor has he/she come forward. considering Darin lied his head off during his trial testimony, under oath, what's a few more lies...it obviously doesn't bother this family.

Im glad that the Darlie Routier Threads are back. I hope everyone can remain civil and allow them to stay.
Im a "don't think she did it" believer

I just watched that video for the very first time, and whilst I'm sitting here with my stomach churning, and thinking geeze that evidence is pretty damn strong ( it had to be to put her on Death row) I can not believe that a woman just casually one day after premeditating this to happen walked in to the kitchen got a knife and then walked over to her boys and stabbed them repeatedly to death
And then proceeded to just miss her ca rotted artery..Had she been doing extensive body psychics studies to know how NOT to miss the place that would expunge her own life ?
The spots of blood on the Back of the night shirt could easily have come from the person that did it - as suggested by her - an intruder - as hes flinging the knife back- she is sleeping side on, or what about when she gets up if blood is going all over the place ?

In regards to the sink she had a wet towel to her neck - So she could just have easily stood at the sink wetting a cloth to hold to her neck.

I don't know I just don't buy it, I dont buy it that a mother could just brutally stab her two boys like that. and what leave one alive ? Oh well The 3 of them are not down here so I'll make do with just doing away with two of them ?

As far as that sock goes, well it could have been easy enough for it to drop, or to have been caught up with *intruders* clothing shoe etc and fell out...

But this is why I am opposed to the Death Penalty, because if she didnt do it and she dies by the dealth penalty and later its found she was innocent after all.................

Well........................it just doesnt bear thinking about :(

I don't wish to be yelled at for believing that she is quite possibly innocent. Im not yelling at anyone who believes she is guilty so please no yelling in this direction
Id like the threads to remain up !

ETA Just been reading some of the Trial Transcripts - Darins Testimony
10 Q. Where was Darlie?
11 A. Darlie was running back and forth,
12 from the kitchen, over to Damon, and then she came over
13 to Devon. And she was going "Oh, my God, he is dead."
14 Q. What was she doing in the kitchen?
15 A. Getting towels.
16 Q. Wet towels?
17 A. Um-hum. (Witness nodding head
18 affirmatively.)
19 Q. Brought them to you?

Adds further to my theory of why there was so much blood at the kitchen sink and WHY it appeared as though it had been wiped down
If she was wetting the towels and they were hanging down over the sink edge down the cupboard it could easily have wiped off some blood.

And then here is the same trial transcript explaining the vacuum cleaner episode

13 Q. Did you, at any time, while you and
14 Waddell and Darlie were there, before the other police
15 officers and the paramedics got there, did you ever see
16 Darlie in close proximity to the vacuum cleaner?
17 A. Yes, sir, I did.
18 Q. And will you tell the jury where she
19 was, and what she was doing, with respect to this vacuum
20 cleaner?
21 A. She was standing right beside the
22 vacuum cleaner, and had it in her hand. She was hanging
23 on to it, like a cane.
24 Q. For support?
25 A. Yes, sir.

12 Q. Will you tell the jury where Darlie
13 was holding on to the vacuum cleaner?
14 A. She was hanging on to the handle.
15 Q. All right. And, whereabouts in the
16 room, in the den, or in the kitchen, or whereabouts in
17 the room?
18 A. Actually right in between. Right off
19 of the linoleum floor, right where that green rug would
20 have been setting, if it was not messed up like it is in
21 that picture.

Im glad that the Darlie Routier Threads are back. I hope everyone can remain civil and allow them to stay.
Im a "don't think she did it" believer

I just watched that video for the very first time, and whilst I'm sitting here with my stomach churning, and thinking geeze that evidence is pretty damn strong ( it had to be to put her on Death row) I can not believe that a woman just casually one day after premeditating this to happen walked in to the kitchen got a knife and then walked over to her boys and stabbed them repeatedly to death
And then proceeded to just miss her ca rotted artery..Had she been doing extensive body psychics studies to know how NOT to miss the place that would expunge her own life ?
The spots of blood on the Back of the night shirt could easily have come from the person that did it - as suggested by her - an intruder - as hes flinging the knife back- she is sleeping side on, or what about when she gets up if blood is going all over the place ?

In regards to the sink she had a wet towel to her neck - So she could just have easily stood at the sink wetting a cloth to hold to her neck.

I don't know I just don't buy it, I dont buy it that a mother could just brutally stab her two boys like that. and what leave one alive ? Oh well The 3 of them are not down here so I'll make do with just doing away with two of them ?

As far as that sock goes, well it could have been easy enough for it to drop, or to have been caught up with *intruders* clothing shoe etc and fell out...

But this is why I am opposed to the Death Penalty, because if she didnt do it and she dies by the dealth penalty and later its found she was innocent after all.................

Well........................it just doesnt bear thinking about :(

I don't wish to be yelled at for believing that she is quite possibly innocent. Im not yelling at anyone who believes she is guilty so please no yelling in this direction
Id like the threads to remain up !

ETA Just been reading some of the Trial Transcripts - Darins Testimony

Adds further to my theory of why there was so much blood at the kitchen sink and WHY it appeared as though it had been wiped down
If she was wetting the towels and they were hanging down over the sink edge down the cupboard it could easily have wiped off some blood.

And then here is the same trial transcript explaining the vacuum cleaner episode

Jane, I don't know how to snip, but you say this:
"I don't know I just don't buy it, I dont buy it that a mother could just brutally stab her two boys like that."
I guess I just don't understand why you have so much trouble believing a mom could do this, when sadly, it happens often these days.
This is a case that happened in my old home town, one street over from where I used to live. the girl attended school with my daughter:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-45822.html
And so many other cases...Andrea Yates, Susan Smith, etc...Moms DO kill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back