GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Daniel is missing from Austrailia, but as it was a tourist, area, some family members suspect he may have been taken overseas.

Daniel Morcombe - MISSING, FEARED ABDUCTED

Date of Birth: 19.12.89 (now 14 years old)
Physical Description: 150cm in Height of stocky build with dark collar length hair.

Last Seen: approx 2.10pm Sunday the 7th of December 2003, Under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass on Nambour Connection Road (UBD 66L15) adjacent to the Christian Outreach Centre Woombye, Queensland .

Clothing Worn: A Red 'T' Shirt with the word "Billabong" printed on the front, dark knee length shorts, white socks and light coloured Globe shoes.

Daniel was carrying a distinctive 'fob' style Watch. It is engraved with the word "DAN".
Daniel also had a Wallet containing around $150 cash, a phone card and School ID.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP THE INVESTIGATION INTO DANIEL'S DISAPPEARANCE CONTACT CRIME STOPPERS EMAIL crimestoppers@police.qld.gov.au AT ANY TIME. INFORMATION CAN BE PROVIDED ANONYMOUSLY. CASH REWARDS MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR CERTAIN INFORMATION.

News story:

Tuesday, 16th March 2004.
Parents can assist with Daniel Morcombe case
Blue car seen parked near local school, say witnesses
THE blue car linked to the abduction of Palwoods teenager Daniel Morcombe may be
the same vehicle seen parked near a local school in the months before his December
disappearance.
Two witnesses have told police they each saw an earlymodel blue sedan parked in the
vicinity of Woombye State School before Daniel was abducted on Sunday, December 7,
from the nearby Kiel Mountain Road overpass.
Detective Inspector John Maloney was yesterday reluctant to say the car's occupants
had been ''staking out'' the area with the intention of abducting a child but said this was
a potential scenario police were investigating.
''Well, it's a possibility ... and that is why we need to identify the vehicle and eliminate it
from the investigation,'' Det Insp Maloney said.
He said investigations of the car at the centre of Daniel's abduction had dominated
police resources that could otherwise be channelled into other aspects of the
investigation.
''We need to find (the car), identify it and we need to find out why it was here.'' Police
today will wrap up a mammoth four-day doorknock of hundreds of Woombye homes.
Det Insp Maloney hoped that would bring fresh information from residents who
remembered seeing the blue car.
A mobile information booth was also set up yesterday on Pine Grove Road , about 200
m from the Woombye school.
''There may well be someone out there who has seen this car and was suspicious of it ,
parents are generally very wary (about cars near schools) , and maybe someone has
jotted down a registration number,'' Det Insp Maloney said.

Family Website: http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/index.html
http://www.projectjason.org

Interesting case... thanks for posting it kelly.

Thank you.

He's certainly a beuatiful child, which makes me so worried he was taken for one of those horrid sex rings. We can only pray he is safe and will be found soon.

Kelly

A 13 year old had $150 on him, in his wallet??? What for??

What kind of business is the Christian Outreach Center, adjacent to where he was last seen??

mindys said:

What kind of business is the Christian Outreach Center, adjacent to where he was last seen??
Mindys the Christian Outreach Center is not a business but a church. As far as I know a very regular sort of church, not a 'cult' type

Daniel had $150 on him that he had saved from his pocket money and doing odd jobs for neighbours. He was off to town to buy Christmas presents for his family. He had asked his brothers to go with him but they didn't want to. I am sure they are feeling some guilt but it may have been a lucky thing as their maybe more than Daniel missing from that family now :(

Daniel went missing about a week before his 14th birthday, must have been very hard for his twin brother especially.

Hopefully they will find him soon!
Jayne

This is just terrible...........how sad. I pray for the family.......it's been so long since he's been missing and it just doesn't look good. I hope he's alive.

Thanks Kelly..............and have a nice Mother's Day tomorrow. I pray for Jason and your family each day too! :blowkiss:

xxxxxxxxxo
mama

Thank you, Love Mama.

I couldn't help but be thinking about him and imagining that we see him or hear from him this weekend, but what will be will be and we must carry on just as Daniel's mother must.

Kelly

AussieAussie said:
Mindys the Christian Outreach Center is not a business but a church. As far as I know a very regular sort of church, not a 'cult' type
Thanks, I was wondering if it was a counseling center type of place, a place where free community meals were served for the needy perhaps, because of its name. Did they offer drug and alcohol counseling? I'm sure the law enforcement there has interviewed all they can who were there that day, including clearing the staff.

And thank you AussieAussie for the other info, he was going Christmas shopping etc., it really helps to have the whole picture.

Prayers for Daniel and those who search for him.

With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Just to let people know that the new raised reward money is £250,000 plus possible immunity from prosecution- for a witness, that DID NOT commit the crime.

I wanted to bump this thread as well. Please go the the site and look at the photos. Daniel could be anywhere and if you know anyone in Australia or are visiting please keep your eyes open..........

The site also asks for any overheard conversations or rumors to be reported. They are desperate for any information at all. Lets try and help. Do you have any Australian friends who have heard rumours?

This case is very high profile in Australia, so the fact that no-one has come forward might well mean that Daniel has been taken out of the country. Don't dissmiss this because its not nearby. Daniel could have had his appearance changed and be living or going to a school near you.

Please help if you can.......

http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/index.html

Sketches of man seen with Daniel
By Natalie Gregg
November 22, 2004

POLICE have released three sketches of a man seen at a bus stop with missing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe before he was abducted.

The release of the artist's sketches is the biggest development in the investigation into Daniel's suspected murder since his disappearance on December 7 last year. The sketches are of a man who was seen standing behind Daniel at a bus stop at Palmwoods on the Sunshine Coast on the day of his disappearance.

Daniel was 13 when he was abducted while waiting for a bus at the Kiel Mountain Overpass on the Nambour Connection Rd, Palmwoods, between 1.40pm and 2.15pm.

Detective-Inspector Mike Condon said yesterday the release of the sketches was a significant step in the investigation.

Insp Condon said the man had not come forward to police and they were asking the public for information on his identity.

"This is a likeness of the person seen under the bridge," he said. "Clearly that person has not come forward to date. Of course we would like to speak to this person.

"What we are asking is simply this – have a look at the sketches and say to yourself, 'Do I know this person? Is this person associated with the Sunshine Coast area? Does this person have a blue car or a white van?' and if you have an answer to those questions or you believe you can answer one or two of those questions, please contact Crime Stoppers or the Homicide Squad," he said.

Insp Condon said to ensure the accuracy of the images, it had taken police 11 months to put together the sketches.

Insp Condon said police had received about 8600 pieces of information and he expected more leads with the release of the three sketches.

The man is described as aged between 25 and 35 years, with lean to muscular build, about 175cm tall, with a gaunt face and dark brown wavy hair.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

The Courier-Mail

Sketches here

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Public's response heartens missing boy's family

November 22 2004

The family of missing Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morecombe hope the response to sketches of a man wanted over their son's disappearance will provide some answers.
Eyewitnesses helped prepare the pictures of a man Queensland Police believe was standing beside the 13-year-old shortly before he disappeared almost a year ago.

Police have received more than 1,000 calls since the pictures were released last night.

Daniel's father, Bruce Morecombe, says they are trying to be patient.

"It's still unfinished business," he said.

"We need to put this person away and certainly the ID sketches is only a step, it's only a tool to be used to extract a name and find these people."

Daniel's mother, Denise Morecombe, says it is hard to look at the pictures.

"They looked really evil and you just wonder what they have done to Daniel," she said.

"It's horrible looking at them but if the face is out there, someone must know who they are and maybe they can come forward."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200411/s1249101.htm

It touches my heart that you've been talking about Daniel's case, thank you. And hi to my fellow Aussie! There is still no news about Daniel, no trace of him has ever been found. The Morecombe family will never give up hope. I don't know this family but I do have a close friend who lives a coupe of minutes from where Daniel disappeared, and she has four children, it terrifies me. I contacted the Queensland Police with a theory about this case a few months ago. Twenty years ago there was a remarkably similar case, two boys, same age as Daniel, walking along the highway were abducted by two men in a car. This happened on the Gold Coast, Daniel disappeared on the Sunshine Coast so about an hour apart but roughly on the same stretch of road. Anyway, one of the abducted boys was killed, the other was a quick thinker and offered to help the killers to torture and kill the other boy and convince them he enjoyed it, and they let him live. There's MUCH more to this story, but both killers were eventually caught. One is still in prison, the other had a sex change operation (at taxpayer's expense whilst still in prison) and was deemed no longer a threat to society and released a few years ago, and is now living life as a woman. However, the person who interests me most is the boy who escaped being killed. Obviously witnessing and participating in the rape, torture, murder and burial of your friend isn't an easy thing to get over and this boy grew up being constantly in trouble with the law, and charges included a sexual assault. That man now lives in the Brisbane area (very near the Sunshine Coast), is the right age to fit the description of the man wanted in Daniel's disappearance and fits the photofit image. If my theory is right, then Daniel may possibly be buried in the sandhills behind a popular Beach, just over the border into NSW, if this boy/man has re-enacted his own crime twenty years later. Far fetched, maybe, but they have absolutely no other leads. I forwarded all my info to the QLD police but heard nothing at all from them.

mindys said:
I could be mistaken, but I think Australian dollars are only worth about half what American dollars are. So it would be more like $75 American, if I'm correct. It wouldn't be that unusual for a 13-year-old to have $75 on him in America anyhow. I mean, most sneakers 13-year-olds like to wear cost that much or more.

*is proud of the fact that she has never in her life paid more than $35 for a pair of shoes*

The Aussie dollar is up around 78 US cents at the moment. Daniel's family is fairly affluent, from what I can gather - they have spent a huge amount of money on the search campaign and their house is very nice indeed. I don't think the money was a factor in the disappearance - he was waiting for a bus so he wouldn't have been flashing the money around. I don't think the average kid would have that much money on him. I don't know if it was mentioned in the story above but it was a tragic error - the bus that he was meant to catch went by him without stopping and by the time the next bus passed a few minutes later he'd vanished. I would think the abductors were watching him and realised he'd missed the bus.

It does sound like a stalking kind of abduction to me. I don't think that kind of predator would just randomly happen by in the few minutes between buses. There's always the possibility that Daniel had the worst luck in the world, I suppose, but I think chances are someone was watching him and waiting for their chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah