Hilary Duff Came to My State to Promote a Good Cause

Dark Knight

Reaction score
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Hilary Duff visited a Fort Wayne elementary school to promote a program to help feed needy students.

Duff, star of the Disney TV show "Lizzie McGuire" and the movie "Cheaper By the Dozen," visited South Wayne Elementary School on Tuesday to publicize Blessings in a Backpack, a program that gives backpacks filled with food to low-income students so they can eat on the weekend.

"I feel lucky enough to have a voice or a name that people might pay attention to," said Duff, 21. "I think that people might not be aware that a couple neighborhoods away, kids aren't having food on the weekends, and we just want people to be informed and to know what's going on in their communities and to help if they can."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hilary-duff-touts-food-for-needy-program-in-ind/14467
___
On the Net: http://www.blessingsinabackpack.com

That is so great of her!!
I remember a couple of years ago my sons school made breakfast free for every child. It was a great program, but for some reason it stopped. I wish they would start it up again, there are many school aged children who only get lunch, and that is only on school days. I think a lot of people assume that if you can't afford breakfast/lunch they get free or reduced lunches, but there were many times when we struggled to pay the bills, and scraped up change for our sons lunch.

That is so great of her!!
I remember a couple of years ago my sons school made breakfast free for every child. It was a great program, but for some reason it stopped. I wish they would start it up again, there are many school aged children who only get lunch, and that is only on school days. I think a lot of people assume that if you can't afford breakfast/lunch they get free or reduced lunches, but there were many times when we struggled to pay the bills, and scraped up change for our sons lunch.

Yeah it'd be cool if people checked out this program and helped out at their own schools! It sounds like a great idea!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back