Guns N' Roses to finally release `Democracy' album

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NEW YORK – After years of delay, Guns N' Roses is finally releasing "Chinese Democracy."

Geffen Records has announced that the band's eagerly awaited album will be released Nov. 23 at Best Buy stores and the retail chain's Web site.

"Chinese Democracy" is the first album of new Guns N' Roses material since 1991's "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II."

Their 14-track album includes the song "If The World," which is part of the soundtrack to the recent film "Body of Lies." The band recently completed a world tour.
___
On the Net:
http://www.newgnr.com/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_en_ot/music_guns_n__roses;_ylt=AlShi0sV8sKeFIyBWSWHsQWs0NUE

I was just listening to "Sweet Child of Mine" and watching the video to gear up-how can there be too much hype? What a cool cult-like band they were and it looks like they still are...man Axl that voice-and the rif that starts Sweet Child makes me smile every time...

Good luck boys-I hope it is amazing.

I was just listening to "Sweet Child of Mine" and watching the video to gear up-how can there be too much hype? What a cool cult-like band they were and it looks like they still are...man Axl that voice-and the rif that starts Sweet Child makes me smile every time...

Good luck boys-I hope it is amazing.

I've heard a couple tracks, Madagascar is OK, the title rocks rocks, though!

Remember how G&R got panned big time before the release of Illusion I & II? It was taking so long to get it out, that critics were expecting a huge bomb... comedians ragged on G&R and about how bad Illusion I & II was going to be, to only find that when they were finally released, both albums went platinum many times over. That situation taught me not to sell G&R short on their work... that they may not deliver often, but when they do, boy do they.

Though I will say: recent pics of Axl Rose in cornrows is so unbecoming... LoL just isn't working, for me.

I.'ve been watching "Celebrity Rehab w/Dr. Drew"...
Guns and Roses former drumer is in rehab Sean Stewart??? He's more than a half bulb off plum. Input please, I liked their music back in the day.

Guns and Roses former drumer is in rehab Sean Stewart??? He's more than a half bulb off plum. Input please, I liked their music back in the day.

Isn't Sean Stewart Rod Stewart's son?

I've always liked Axl Rose (not sure why sometimes) and I hope he does well with this album.

I don't like the cornrows either. Someone (can't remember who) that he was losing his hair and that the cornrows were extensions. I dunno.

He and Sebastian Bach should maybe get a makeover.

Thanks for the info, DK! :blowkiss:

Dark Knight said:
I've heard a couple tracks, Madagascar is OK, the title rocks rocks, though!
Is the song called Madagascar, or is it a song for the new movie Madagascar?? What's the title song?

I will probably wait to buy the CD, make sure I like enough of the songs on it first. I just bought the new Buckcherry CD (Black Butterfly), and am anxious to buy Pink's new CD (Funhouse) next Tuesday and then next month is Nickelback's new CD (Dark Horse). I have to force myself to stop somewhere, LOL.

<< snipped for content >>
Though I will say: recent pics of Axl Rose in cornrows is so unbecoming... LoL just isn't working, for me.
Oh, I agree!! I saw the cornrows and kinda gagged a little. LOL!!!!

Sean Stewart is Rod Stewart's son. I think you're referring to Steven Adler. He was GNR's drummer and got fired for his drug problem. He OD'd, had a stroke and was in a coma for like 5 days - that's why he's hard to understand sometimes, the one side of his face is paralyzed. I love Celeb Rehab with Dr. Drew - just watched it last night. :D

Thanks for the info, DK! :blowkiss:

Is the song called Madagascar, or is it a song for the new movie Madagascar?? What's the title song?

I will probably wait to buy the CD, make sure I like enough of the songs on it first. I just bought the new Buckcherry CD (Black Butterfly), and am anxious to buy Pink's new CD (Funhouse) next Tuesday and then next month is Nickelback's new CD (Dark Horse). I have to force myself to stop somewhere, LOL.

<< snipped for content >>

Oh, I agree!! I saw the cornrows and kinda gagged a little. LOL!!!!

Sean Stewart is Rod Stewart's son. I think you're referring to Steven Adler. He was GNR's drummer and got fired for his drug problem. He OD'd, had a stroke and was in a coma for like 5 days - that's why he's hard to understand sometimes, the one side of his face is paralyzed. I love Celeb Rehab with Dr. Drew - just watched it last night. :D

The title song would be....anyone, anyone......Chinese Democracy!!! :crazy:

And the song is called Madagascar. They do have a song currently on a soundtrack, that's also on the album, but can't remember the name.

Yeah, GNR had some killer stuff on "Appetite" and "Illusion". They are one of the biggest bands that have ever existed in the entire world with 90 million albums sold.

Below is a one of their songs from the new album, Chinese Democracy. I think it's AWFUL but there's got to be at least 1 good song on the album so I'll buy it too.

http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp

With all the hype I hope it's a good cd. I was patiently waiting on Death Magnetic by Metallica and was disappointed. I heard some tracks from AC/DC's Black Ice and it was good what I heard of it so far.

God Axle is so boring.
Of course they'll do a tour and he will be 2 to 3 hours late to every date then find an excuse to throw a girlie tantrum and cancel the rest of it.
As the world yawns.

With all the hype I hope it's a good cd. I was patiently waiting on Death Magnetic by Metallica and was disappointed. I heard some tracks from AC/DC's Black Ice and it was good what I heard of it so far.

I've enjoyed Death Magnetic. It took a couple listens to get used to it, as it has some different sounds to it, but I definitely like it. I have only liked a couple tracks that I have heard on Black Ice, however. So I will hold off on buying that, if ever. I don't like everything I've heard on Chinese Democracy, either, but I may buy it just because it is G 'n' R.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back