CA CA - William 'Willie' Cook, 6, Happy Camp, 28 Aug 1976

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.khsltv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a01113fb-177a-4984-86f3-ecb3799b1644

A major breakthrough in a Siskiyou County cold case has led to two arrests.
Six-year-old William "Willie" Cook, Jr. was kidnapped from his father's truck in Happy Camp back in August 1976.
Six months later, his body was found dumped in a cardboard barrel off Highway 96 northwest of Yreka.
And now, more than three decades later, an informant came forward to Yreka police last month, who then contacted the sheriff's department.
(More at link)

Wow~ That is amazing. Thanks for posting, Suzi!

I hope they can find the evidence to prove their case after so long. It will be interesting to watch this one progress. Keep us posted!

Amazing. I hope this leads to some justice for this child and his family.

It is never too late to clear your conscience.

Here are the arrested suspects. Quite a pair.
g13c18277f32ed95b5c1be7501c5d50259a0596f36a32d3.jpg

g258258639fc16c34333ff705ee4238ac5b8849250b877c.jpg

http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/news/p...6129/New-lead-finally-surfaces-in-boy-s-death

OH MY GOD!!! They probably scared the poor child to death. Just looking at them.

WTH is on her chin. These two a scary!!! Looking

OMG! It must be some type of tribal tattoo. If they are guilty then I hope they burn slowly in hell. That poor little boy. My thoughts are with his parents and family members and may God grant them peace with capturing their child's murderer.

Can you imagine how frightened that poor child was to be anywhere near them? I hope evidence turns up to connect them to Willie if they murdered him.

I am glad that the case was solved. I just wish the informant would have come forward sooner. How could you keep a secret like that for so long?

Curiouser and curiouser:

http://www.redding.com/news/2008/oct/24/man-faces-murder-charges-boys-76-kidnapping/

(snips)
Nelson and Suzanne Dorene Little, also known as Suzanne Aubrey, 69, both of Hoopa, were both arraigned Thursday on kidnapping for ransom charges in connection with the Aug. 28, 1976, disappearance of William Alford Cook Jr., known as Willie.

In a strange twist, Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Susan Gravenkamp said Thursday that the boy's uncle, 28-year-old Herbert Cook of Happy Camp, was found murdered on July 20, 1975, at an American Indian ceremonial ground in Somes Bar.
An arrest was made in that case, but no one was ever convicted, she said.
It's not known whether the two cases might be related.
"That's something that they (detectives) are looking at," Gravenkamp said.

http://www.redding.com/news/2008/oct/28/murder-charge-postponed-kidnap-suspect/

On Thursday, Siskiyou County District Attorney Kirk Andrus said he would file a murder charge against one of the suspects, Gregory Lynn Nelson, 51. Nelson's bail was raised to $1 million in anticipation of the new charge.
That new charge was postponed Monday until lawyers in the case reached agreement, said Sgt. Michael Montreuil of the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department.
(more at link)

The Cook family has certainly had its share of tragedy. Maybe Siskiyou LE has solved two murders with one stone.

That's a tattoo on her chin. It used to be traditional for Northern California Indian women.
http://www.ncidc.org/photos/gallery1/85s4.htm

According to the link, it's a sign of "beauty and nobility," but I don't think it's fooling anybody.

LOL! I'm sorry cuz I know it is awful what happened to this little boy but I just start lauging everytime I look at these two and Steadfast's remark and Rhett's remark just kept me going. Everyone at work probably thinks I'm nuts (if they don't already).

These are about the two goofiest, sorriest people I have ever seen. Surely their mugshots have been turned over the Smoking Gun's Mugshot Hall of Fame.

They are to creepy people. I wonder why they have only charged the male so far? It would be something if these two were the killers of the little boy and his uncle. I hope little Willy's parents are still alive so that they know there will be justice for their little boy. How sad that they had to wait for so long.

From the khsltv article:

Sheriff Riggins isn't saying what those leads were, but deputies arrested 69-year-old Suzane Little, who also goes by the name Suzanne Aubrey, and her former son-in-law, 51-year-old Gregory Nelson Tuesday in Hoopa, which is in Humboldt County.

I thought they were a couple with a BIG age difference, but it seems they weren't. Former son-in-law...I wonder if the ex of Nelson was the one who came forward with the tip? I went to school with a family who moved from Hoopa, also Native Americans. I think they would have still been living in Hoopa in 1976, with kids around the age of this boy. Creepy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back