Casey seeing clergy in jail

Theonly1

Reaction score
As reported on Nancy Grace...

Here's what the Florida Statutes say:

90.505 Privilege with respect to communications to clergy.--

(1) For the purposes of this section:

(a) A "member of the clergy" is a priest, rabbi, practitioner of Christian Science, or minister of any religious organization or denomination usually referred to as a church, or an individual reasonably believed so to be by the person consulting him or her.

(b) A communication between a member of the clergy and a person is "confidential" if made privately for the purpose of seeking spiritual counsel and advice from the member of the clergy in the usual course of his or her practice or discipline and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the communication.

(2) A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in his or her capacity as spiritual adviser.

(3) The privilege may be claimed by:

(a) The person.

(b) The guardian or conservator of a person.

(c) The personal representative of a deceased person.

(d) The member of the clergy, on behalf of the person. The member of the clergy's authority to do so is presumed in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

History.--s. 1, ch. 76-237; s. 1, ch. 77-77; s. 1, ch. 77-174; ss. 11, 22, ch. 78-361; ss. 1, 2, ch. 78-379; s. 477, ch. 95-147.

As reported on Nancy Grace...

Here's what the Florida Statutes say:

90.505 Privilege with respect to communications to clergy.--

(1) For the purposes of this section:

(a) A "member of the clergy" is a priest, rabbi, practitioner of Christian Science, or minister of any religious organization or denomination usually referred to as a church, or an individual reasonably believed so to be by the person consulting him or her.

(b) A communication between a member of the clergy and a person is "confidential" if made privately for the purpose of seeking spiritual counsel and advice from the member of the clergy in the usual course of his or her practice or discipline and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the communication.

(2) A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in his or her capacity as spiritual adviser.

(3) The privilege may be claimed by:

(a) The person.

(b) The guardian or conservator of a person.

(c) The personal representative of a deceased person.

(d) The member of the clergy, on behalf of the person. The member of the clergy's authority to do so is presumed in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

History.--s. 1, ch. 76-237; s. 1, ch. 77-77; s. 1, ch. 77-174; ss. 11, 22, ch. 78-361; ss. 1, 2, ch. 78-379; s. 477, ch. 95-147.

Bolding by me to note that a clergy is not there to pass messages. If so, this would waive the privilege! I mention this because LP alluded on Nancy Grace that Casey could use the clergy to pass messages to her parents. In my opinion using the clergy in this manner would void the privilege.

Yes, and as I recall, whomever the messages might be passed to (e.g., parents, family etc.) could then be subpoenaed (sp?) and must divulge the message under oath.

Do we know if she requested this visit? any way to know this???/

Also, you can call people to testify under oath...but can you really make them tell the truth? contempt of court I guess I am looking for here.

Bolding by me to note that a clergy is not there to pass messages. If so, this would waive the privilege! I mention this because LP alluded on Nancy Grace that Casey could use the clergy to pass messages to her parents. In my opinion using the clergy in this manner would void the privilege.

Verbal or written messages?
Just thinking....

Also, you can call people to testify under oath...but can you really make them tell the truth? contempt of court I guess I am looking for here.

IIRC, she can't request a visit, but she can approve or deny when someone requests a visit with her.

It's true you can't make them but it is a serious offense to lie under oath.

Maybe he will put the fear of God in her....highly unlikley though...she is pure evil.

If Casey is turning to Jesus, then I need to go hunt down this article I read by a profiler that predicted this!

If it was requested, it probably would have been arranged via a phone call. In the past, most of these were public-- but I haven't heard recordings lately, not sure if Anthonys succeeded in getting an injunction on releasing calls to the media.

I recall one of the profilers saying early on that Casey would turn to religion before she "broke down". Not that I'm hopeful of this, but if this was at her request-- I suppose it's a remote possiblity.

Do you expect clergy to lie? Or martyr themselves by spending time in jail on a contempt charge? I guess it would depend on the clergy member.

I'd expect anything at this point....as time goes on its very hard to be shocked at anything.

If Casey is turning to Jesus, then I need to go hunt down this article I read by a profiler that predicted this!

I remember that too! There are steps to guilt, and that was one of the last ones. (turning to religion)

I remember that too! There are steps to guilt, and that was one of the last ones. (turning to religion)

What are the other steps of guilt? If turning to religon is the last one, what has KC done before this that is one of those steps?

maybe they are using clergy to pass messages because cleargy doesnt charge for thier time and Jose charges hundreds and hour.

I WONDER....and I think they said he does the Sun. prayer vigils....
He is a Baptist, black Rev., who prays really loud and long...
for the safe return of Caylee to her G'parents and Momma.

Dave Lohr ? from the Discovery website recorded one of these when he was
in Fl. for the last search.(It is on the Disccovery site). This was AFTER the initial reporting to the public from Sheriff Beary which concluded this baby was not among the living.

Is it optimism from the Rev., denial, saying what Cindy WANTS to hear, or stupidity ?

~Respectfully snipped~

FWIW- our church has a prison/jail ministry. A group of peolple provide a weekly church service at the local county jail for a group of men and a seperate group of women. There is also a group that go at different times to answer the Kites (requests) from inmates to have someone speak to them individually or send them a bible or literature. Then there is a group that goes into the single-cell area and walks from cell to cell asking if anyone would like to talk to someone.

I know if they are pulled out of their tank or cell it is noted on their record. If someone goes to their cell and speaks to them through the feeder port- there is no record.

I WONDER....and I think they said he does the Sun. prayer vigils....
He is a Baptist, black Rev., who prays really loud and long...
for the safe return of Caylee to her G'parents and Momma.

Dave Lohr ? from the Discovery website recorded one of these when he was
in Fl. for the last search.(It is on the Disccovery site). This was AFTER the initial reporting to the public from Sheriff Beary which concluded this baby was not among the living.

Is it optimism from the Rev., denial, saying what Cindy WANTS to hear, or stupidity ?
Casey is a sociopath. She has no conscience. This is a scam most probably concocted by Jose B. to get messages to the family. I do not believe that she is turning to religion in any way, shape or form.

I hope this is ok, if not please delete it. This profiler says that if KC starts seeking religion or speaks of fleeing she may crack and tell what happened:

and Rescue »
September 11, 2008
Criminal Profiler Says Casey Anthony is "Punishing Everyone"

Dr. Deborah Schurman-KauflinLast month, Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, President of the Violent Crimes Institute, LLC, shared her thoughts on Casey Anthony, mother of missing three-year-old Caylee Anthony.

Visit Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin's Website at: www.drdsk.com

I'd expect anything at this point....as time goes on its very hard to be shocked at anything.

I read it too!! Somewhere... A criminal profiler said she was likely to turn to religion or exhibit pseudo-religious behavior, not sure which, and there is a huge difference.

Maria

Criminal Profiler Says: Casey is Punishing Everyone
...Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said that there are signs to look for, which could signify Anthony is getting ready to talk.
"Look for her to turn to religion and either attempt to or speak of fleeing. When she gets to that point, she is most likely to talk about what really happened."

A link to the article for those who want to read it.
Personally, I think Casey takes visits from clergy just so someone will listen to her ridiculous tales and tell her she is loved.
:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back