NH - RSO Jonathan Perfetto saying he's worried he'll offend again!!!!

soyesterday

Reaction score
I'm so mad right now...i really am....this guy is on the news...basically saying "Look, i'm out of jail, i'm afraid i'll do this again..."
What the hell more does this guy have to say?
And his mother too?
She's saying that he can't live at home w/ her cuz he's not allowed near that place. He's not allowed near children at all. This guy says he's living in a parking garage right now!
He's spent 7 1/2 years in prison....charged w/ 60 counts of possesing child *advertiser censored*...he has NEVER finished the sex offender rehab program!
And he's saying he's worried!
What has to happen? For him to hurt another child or worse???? And then they say..."Oh we should've locked this guy up!!!"
Am i overeacting????
I don't get it...
They're saying on the news that he has no ties to anything. He's done w/ his prison time. He's not on probabtion. Nothing!
Please tell me what you think about this!

I'm just bumping this cuz i really want someone to see this and tell me what you think.
I'm not sure exactly where i should be this thread though?

I can't get this outta my head!!!
This makes me soooo upset!

Do you have a link? Cause I really really need to make sure this guy is at least a thousand miles away from my kids. He's scary and admits it too!

Hey i'm sorry....i saw it on the news....
i'll see if i can find a link...
but i can tell you that he's in Concord, NH.
At least that's what the news says. :(
And i swear to God...if LE doesn't do something about this guy when he is on the news ADMITTING that he might do something again....i don't even know what to say.
I think i'm going to call the news station tomorrow...or even email them tonight...and talk to my brother in law too...he's a cop...this is insane!!!

Stay away from parking garages. I think it's odd that he was released with no strings attached even though he failed to complete the required programs. The city better figure this out, because the parents of the next kid this guy molests will sue the city and win....big time.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17842296/detail.html
Barry said he has alerted the city's school department and the public library, where Perfetto spends his days.

Do you know how many kids spend time at the library!!!! This is just wrong! Simply wrong!

Don't get me wrong, a child molester is BAD, but I have to give him points for speaking out. Just wish LE would pay more attention. Wonder if he could be committed to a mental facility?

Don't get me wrong, a child molester is BAD, but I have to give him points for speaking out. Just wish LE would pay more attention. Wonder if he could be committed to a mental facility?
Oh i think that part is good too that he spoke out....and to the news...so everyone will know who he is...
and his mom too....
she said she thinks that registered sex offenders should have electronic devices on them and that the offender should have to pay for it....
they're basically BEGGING the state or city or whatever to do something about him to keep him away from everything....
i mean geez....they're screaming it out....

Stay away from parking garages. I think it's odd that he was released with no strings attached even though he failed to complete the required programs. The city better figure this out, because the parents of the next kid this guy molests will sue the city and win....big time.

I agree!!!
Especially now that this guy and his mom have spoken out, the city better do something asap!

This is VERY upsetting to say the least. Not too often do you come accross a SO who is willing to admit guilt and ask for help. They need to do something, and fast. I think the best thing for this case is National attention. LE can not ignore a public outcry!

This is right near me!! Mom lives about 15 minutes away and Concord is about 45 minutes away. This really pisses me off, I didnt know a sex offender could be listed as homeless WTF?

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081030/GJNEWS_01/710309611

Not too long ago they were able to get rid of a sex offender/child murderer that got out of jail and went to live in Manchester NH. LE and the community made a HUGE deal and he had to leave, there has to be something that can be done here. I don't want this man near where I live at all! Can we write letters expressing our concern that registered offenders can live on the streets with no address and addressing that there is nothing in place for this man who is a huge danger as he even thinks he will offend again? Who can we write to? We need to stope this BEFORE something bad happens not wonder what could have been done after the fact. Do we not have the right to be kept safe from offenders like this?? I must hand it to this man, he knows he has a problem and he is putting his face out there and admitting that he is worried that he will offend it is a cry for help that none of us can afford to ignore. Help what can I do??

Ok, just because the guy sleeps at the parking garage, doesn't mean he stays there ~ like the article said, he spends time at the library. So avoiding he parking garage isn't going to do you much good (just at night when he's sleeping there). It means you can never let your guard down w/ your children. If they want to go to the playground, don't just send them there on their own, go with them and play with them. Kids are never too young to learn about good touch and bad touch with ANYONE (relatives & friends included since most SO's "attack" people they know).

Here in Iowa, they came up w/ a fairly dumb SO law that says they can't LIVE w/i so many feet/yards from a school, daycare, playground, etc. Do you realize, that their definition of LIVE is where the person sleeps at night. Nothing else! So it doesn't really matter at all because the SO can go wherever they want as long as they don't violate probation/parole (IF they are on p/p) terms. Supposedly they're working on new wording for the law to work as it was intended.

SO's have the highest recidivism rate among all criminals ~ meaning they are the most likely to reoffend. So the guy makes sense and wants others to be aware of him as well. He may not have passed the program, but somethings stayed with him. He was there long enough to reach the point of taking accountability for his actions. I've attended SO Treatment Groups and the majority of those were still placing blame on their victim (the grandpa who said his young granddaughter laid next to him in bed and she put his hand around her really needs to face the music).

Another interesting thing, in Iowa, SO's can be the next door neighbor that had to take a leak but did it in public. EG: a guy leaves a resturant w/ his wife, faces a wall and pees in a small area between two buildings. He's now on the SO Registry. Or the person who goes and has consensual sex w/ another, then gets "found out" so the other person cries rape (this does happen more than people realize). EG: A 20 yr old man has consensual sex w/ a 16 yr old girl. The parents find out and press charges against the man. That guy is now on the registry. (Yes, I did read that Jonathon's vics are young girls).

I use Iowa as my basis because that's the law I am familiar with. The above opinions about the SO law here is not just my opinion. I have heard negative comments about it from retired detectives and former FBI agents.

I'm not as "protective" as somene who lives in a bigger city. Our town has a population of around 300 people. Two SO's live in our city postal code. One of them is an employee of my inlaws. He just got out of prison when he started working for them 1 1/2 yrs ago. I was working for the inlaws when he started working. I had him in the office alone to inquire about his offense. He was straight up with me. My children have been around him. Am I concerned? No, because there's always another adult present and he keeps interaction w/ any kids to a minimum (he's in the office when kids are present but he's not there to see the kids ~ it's construction business so employees are in and out all day).

Diligence on the part of the supervisory adult is key!

I tried to post this this morning and couldn't. Glad someone else did.

I live very close to where he went to prison, and believe me it is a tiny, backwater town with very little going for it. The news clip said he did not complete a SO program, but from living up here, I would be suprised if one was even offered to him! I suspect there is more to this story than we know. As an example, last summer a guy from Maine was released from prison. He told them outright he should NOT be released, he was not safe. They released him anyway. He picked up a couple of teenage girls, saying they could ride down to FL with him. One bailed on the way, the other stayed. They robbed several stores and burned a mansion in FL. At that point the remaining girl decided she wanted out. The guy decided to make his way back home, got to my town, which is on the ME/NH border, walked into a store and shot three men dead. There was a massive manhunt and they finally caught him the next day. He pled guilty and said he basically did it because he KNEW he needed to go back to prison for the rest of his life. He waived the hearing and trial. He kept saying "I tried to tell them". He claimed he told them repeatedly that he needed medication, treatment, and to remain in prison but they would not listen. Sounds very familiar to what this guy is saying. From what I understand, this is not an uncommon occurance up here.

I for one was impressed that he would place his life on the line to tell his story. I have NO warm fuzzy feelings for SO's, since I was abused by several myself, but if this guy truly wants help and really does not want to re-offend, I say lets give him all the help we can. How else are we ever gonna solve this problem? Cause just saying "I don't want them in MY neighborhood" just moves them to SOMEONE ELSE's neighborhood and children. And at least he is reaching out for help rather than rubbing his hands together gleefully thinking "WHOOHOO........noone is watching.........I can do whatever I want", cause he could.

Just my opinion

I tried to post this this morning and couldn't. Glad someone else did.

I live very close to where he went to prison, and believe me it is a tiny, backwater town with very little going for it. The news clip said he did not complete a SO program, but from living up here, I would be suprised if one was even offered to him! I suspect there is more to this story than we know. As an example, last summer a guy from Maine was released from prison. He told them outright he should NOT be released, he was not safe. They released him anyway. He picked up a couple of teenage girls, saying they could ride down to FL with him. One bailed on the way, the other stayed. They robbed several stores and burned a mansion in FL. At that point the remaining girl decided she wanted out. The guy decided to make his way back home, got to my town, which is on the ME/NH border, walked into a store and shot three men dead. There was a massive manhunt and they finally caught him the next day. He pled guilty and said he basically did it because he KNEW he needed to go back to prison for the rest of his life. He waived the hearing and trial. He kept saying "I tried to tell them". He claimed he told them repeatedly that he needed medication, treatment, and to remain in prison but they would not listen. Sounds very familiar to what this guy is saying. From what I understand, this is not an uncommon occurance up here.

I for one was impressed that he would place his life on the line to tell his story. I have NO warm fuzzy feelings for SO's, since I was abused by several myself, but if this guy truly wants help and really does not want to re-offend, I say lets give him all the help we can. How else are we ever gonna solve this problem? Cause just saying "I don't want them in MY neighborhood" just moves them to SOMEONE ELSE's neighborhood and children. And at least he is reaching out for help rather than rubbing his hands together gleefully thinking "WHOOHOO........noone is watching.........I can do whatever I want", cause he could.

Just my opinion

I remember that story also, we must live close to each other :) Didn't he try calling 911 himself at some point as well and his cry for help was ignored? It's been a while so I dont remember all of the details

I understand what you are saying, but when you say give him all the help we can, how exactly do we do that? It doesnt look like LE is able to do anything from what I have read.

Hey guys
I'm in New Hampshire too.
Nice to see some other people from here!
I'm going to read what you all wrote now k???
I'm so glad you guys all found my thread and are posting.
I felt so alone last night!
I was freaking out!!!

If he really thinks he's a threat, why doesn't he commit himself? Or why doesn't his mother have him committed? His own statement that he fears he will do it again should be enough for a judge.
IMO, anyone into kiddie *advertiser censored* isn't right in the head and should have no problem getting admitted into a mental hopsital.

This is right near me!! Mom lives about 15 minutes away and Concord is about 45 minutes away. This really pisses me off, I didnt know a sex offender could be listed as homeless WTF?

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081030/GJNEWS_01/710309611

Not too long ago they were able to get rid of a sex offender/child murderer that got out of jail and went to live in Manchester NH. LE and the community made a HUGE deal and he had to leave, there has to be something that can be done here. I don't want this man near where I live at all! Can we write letters expressing our concern that registered offenders can live on the streets with no address and addressing that there is nothing in place for this man who is a huge danger as he even thinks he will offend again? Who can we write to? We need to stope this BEFORE something bad happens not wonder what could have been done after the fact. Do we not have the right to be kept safe from offenders like this?? I must hand it to this man, he knows he has a problem and he is putting his face out there and admitting that he is worried that he will offend it is a cry for help that none of us can afford to ignore. Help what can I do??
This just happened like about a month ago or so maybe right?
I remember that on the news!!!
I was like...that's great that people made such a big deal and got him outta of that town, but where does he go now???
Another town right? Where he can hurt people there too.
:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back