REVISIT Caylee's biological father/Reverse DNA Profile**MERGED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonly1

Reaction score
Anyone watching Cold Case might have seen that labs can do a "reverse DNA profile". In a case when a child has an unknown father (and no comparison sample), for example, the lab can run the full profile on the mother and the full profile on the child and then take the child's DNA profile, remove the mother's known DNA markers and be left with 1/2 of the father's DNA markers. [Extremely simplified explanation]

If this technique was used in Caylee's case this may be the reason why there are so many "rumors" about the alleged father's paternity.

We know they have Casey's full DNA profile because they took her samples the first time she was at the jail. We can be reasonably sure they have Caylee's full profile from samples they took from inside the home (her little toothbrushes and hairbrushes). By taking Caylee's DNA profile and stripping off Casey's maternal DNA markers the remaining markers should be a half-profile of the bio-dad. If something "hinky" was remaining (they all looked like Casey's markers too) then maybe this is why speculation went rampant?

I believe that JG had the DNA profile for Caylee. When he had the paternity test done. He offered it to LE.

I had no idea that they could do this kind of reverse profiling. Interesting. I'm not sure I buy into the nasty theory that has been bantered around. I have to admit that it would give answer to a lot of unusual behaviors and unknowns but I can't really let my mind go there. I think the possibility was floating around before LP even mentioned it and I think that Jesse's father kind of added fuel to fire with one of his blog posts that came out around the same time (about the family dog)...Regardless, I am surprised that no one has come forward to negate the rumor. At the very least, in honor of Caylee. Unfortunately, the paternity issue is there and it's likely to come up again and again.

I have to admit that I keep hoping that her father will step forward and claim her. Even now, even if she's not here. She deserves a voice (that she has not been given) and to be upheld and protected.

[snip...]
If this technique was used in Caylee's case this may be the reason why there are so many "rumors" about the alleged father's paternity.
[snip...]

Perhaps it's a bit simpler than this... lack of information breeds rumors. I'm wondering if KC herself knows for certain who the father is. She may have even created a heroic fantasy father in her head to compensate for this, or to add some mystery to her personna.

LA initially refused to submit DNA samples, but IIRC GA and CA eventually submitted samples. This behavior no doubt set off some people's highly sensitive Hinkyometers, but if there was something purient going on-- LE would likely know by now.

All we know for sure is JG isn't the father, beyond that there's little else but rumor, and that shouldn't be surprising.

Anyone watching Cold Case might have seen that labs can do a "reverse DNA profile". In a case when a child has an unknown father (and no comparison sample), for example, the lab can run the full profile on the mother and the full profile on the child and then take the child's DNA profile, remove the mother's known DNA markers and be left with 1/2 of the father's DNA markers. [Extremely simplified explanation]

We know they have Casey's full DNA profile because they took her samples the first time she was at the jail. We can be reasonably sure they have Caylee's full profile from samples they took from inside the home (her little toothbrushes and hairbrushes). By taking Caylee's DNA profile and stripping off Casey's maternal DNA markers the remaining markers should be a half-profile of the bio-dad. If something "hinky" was remaining (they all looked like Casey's markers too) then maybe this is why speculation went rampant?

Very interesting. That would explain how the "hinky" meters got sent into overtime in some of our minds, including Leonard P.. If they removed all the "known" markers that were from the mother, and they were left with hardly anything, then that could very well indicate that the mother and the father shared some of the same markers...Good to know there COULD be a scientific reason for LP announcing what he did about Lee...I knew he wasn't just blowing hot air, and this is confirmation to me that this could be what he was speaking of.

Of course, they may not even have done this with Casey/Caylee...I guess we will find out when it all comes out in the trial, unless Casey confesses before then to save her skin...which I kinda doubt...:banghead:

My son (biology/chemistry scientist) said that if there were "more than a certain number of alleles(sp?) in common with mom, it would mean that a member of the mom's family is the father"...

He said "normally", and I stress NORMALLY, there are 1/2 mom's and 1/2 dad's alleles - simplifying here - if Caylee's through reverse DNA were say 3/4 mom's then yes, the hinkey meter should sound bells! Just trying to simplify so we can all understand - hard for me to get too!

My son (biology/chemistry scientist) said that if there were "more than a certain number of alleles(sp?) in common with mom, it would mean that a member of the mom's family is the father"...

He said "normally", and I stress NORMALLY, there are 1/2 mom's and 1/2 dad's alleles - simplifying here - if Caylee's through reverse DNA were say 3/4 mom's then yes, the hinkey meter should sound bells! Just trying to simplify so we can all understand - hard for me to get too!

A member of the mom's family...hmmm...I wonder if this could be a cousin or an uncle or someone not so "close" as a brother or a father? If it would still show the same "resemblance" if that were the case?:confused:

Well we have a conception date about the end of Novemeber- begining of December based on Caylee's birthdate of the beginning of August. Now Uncle Rick says he thinks
casey got pregnant during a Christmas party. [The tread must of have been deleated.
Rick was on here about 8/20 because I was lurking at the time and had just registered and by the time I was able to post the thread was gone] I have always wondered about his comment of an a Christmas party. Why would a Christmas party come to mind. Isn't early December a little early for Christmas parties?

But a family get together for Thanksgiving is not too late for the end of November.
Just a thought.

Well we have a conception date about the end of Novemeber- begining of December based on Caylee's birthdate of the beginning of August. Now Uncle Rick says he thinks
casey got pregnant during a Christmas party. [The tread must of have been deleated.
Rick was on here about 8/20 because I was lurking at the time and had just registered and by the time I was able to post the thread was gone] I have always wondered about his comment of an a Christmas party. Why would a Christmas party come to mind. Isn't early December a little early for Christmas parties?

But a family get together for Thanksgiving is not too late for the end of November.
Just a thought.
Good point about the Thanksgiving! Does make one think!!!

BIG WAVE HI TO AMITY!!!!!!

You know, of course. that all military members have their DNA on file with the federal government.

Cool, I didn't realize they could do that.

Re the rampant speculation, that was based completely on Mr. Padilla's complete and utter failure to understand what Mitochondrial DNA is.

It is my assertion that if Mr Padilla had proof that LA was the father, he would have come forward and said "This is the evidence I have, it came from X lab, here is an expert to interpret it so you understand, you heard it from me first." Mr Padilla is in no way media shy, and if he could provide proof of this theory he would have. The problem is he doesn't have proof and never has. I'm not sure why people give him so much credence in the first place, he has made numerous statements of fact which have turned out to be utterly false. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I like him just like Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's mildly amusing television. Would so many people take Dog's statements as gospel if he started talking to the media about the CA case? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I think the whole Bio dad guessing game is an interesting diversion, but in the end it has no bearing in any fashion that I can see to Caylee's demise and where her body is located.

Good explanation there mom............

If they did it with the 17 DNA loci & Amelogein (which is what they normally use in suspected incest cases) The child would inherit ALL obligate alleles from the father, so it is easily identified.

Cool, I didn't realize they could do that.

Re the rampant speculation, that was based completely on Mr. Padilla's complete and utter failure to understand what Mitochondrial DNA is.

It is my assertion that if Mr Padilla had proof that LA was the father, he would have come forward and said "This is the evidence I have, it came from X lab, here is an expert to interpret it so you understand, you heard it from me first." Mr Padilla is in no way media shy, and if he could provide proof of this theory he would have. The problem is he doesn't have proof and never has. I'm not sure why people give him so much credence in the first place, he has made numerous statements of fact which have turned out to be utterly false. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I like him just like Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's mildly amusing television. Would so many people take Dog's statements as gospel if he started talking to the media about the CA case? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I think the whole Bio dad guessing game is an interesting diversion, but in the end it has no bearing in any fashion that I can see to Caylee's demise and where her body is located.

I believe it could have EVERYTHING to do with the case. If he were the father, then the "family secret" would be exposed if they told the truth because in an autopsy they do DNA routinely. That would have exposed the incest immediately.

What they didn't count on was them having enough DNA from Caylee and doing all the tests. It never occurred to them that Jesse would have the complete DNA tests and give it to LE.

That would explain why they MUST stick to the kidnapping story.

That would also explain why LE or GA might be involved in burying the baby and hiding her from LE.

What they didn't count on was them having enough DNA from Caylee and doing all the tests. It never occurred to them that Jesse would have the complete DNA tests and give it to LE.

That would also explain why LE or GA might be involved in burying the baby and hiding her from LE.

(respectfully snipped)

:confused: Surely they would have figured that DNA could be gotten from Caylee's other objects...toothbrushes, hair found in her room, etc. GA, being former law enforcement, would have immediately known this. This makes no sense to me....or maybe I'm misunderstanding the point?

I believe it could have EVERYTHING to do with the case. If he were the father, then the "family secret" would be exposed if they told the truth because in an autopsy they do DNA routinely. That would have exposed the incest immediately.

I agree with you the biological father of Caylee does in fact make a difference in this cause especially if the rumors are true. If the rumor is true that in itself would explain sooo much of the shenanigans the A's have put forth, if the rumor about paternity is not true we are still left with a lot of unanswered questions. I do wish that this one issue in particular could be put to rest one way or the other. In all honesty I hope that the rumor is not true, simply for Caylee's sake.

(respectfully snipped)

:confused: Surely they would have figured that DNA could be gotten from Caylee's other objects...toothbrushes, hair found in her room, etc. GA, being former law enforcement, would have immediately known this. This makes no sense to me....or maybe I'm misunderstanding the point?

He was a cop like 20 years ago and maybe he wasn't that good at it.:confused:

I absolutely hate when the discussions come back to this. There is nothing to suggest this. I am sorry but I believe this discussion about Lee being the father takes away from the credibility of what websleuths is all about. It juist seems mean and hateful. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I mean with all the media attention this case has generated. There has to be a man out there, thinking yep, I had a one nighter with that girl. Mabye I need to make a phone call???

Unless it is this eric? that is dead that was married.?:

:leaf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members