GUILTY TX - Gerardo Flores, 18, charged with killing unborn twins, Lufkin, 5 May 2004

Staycee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Student Charged With Killing Unborn Sons

LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - A high school student has been charged with first-degree murder after police say he killed his unborn twin sons by beating his pregnant girlfriend.

Gerardo Flores, 18, was arrested Friday by Lufkin police after his 16-year-old girlfriend delivered twin boys stillborn at home and sought medical attention at an East Texas hospital, an arrest affidavit states. The teen was five months pregnant.

According to court documents, the girl denied anyone had beaten her, but Flores admitted he ``may have hit her in the face and in the stomach'' during a fight in their bedroom.

After the fight she started bleeding and he allegedly ordered her to ``clean herself up,'' the documents said. She gave birth to the boys in the bathroom before an ambulance arrived.

The girl's condition was not available Friday afternoon.

Rest Of Story Here

LUFKIN, Texas - It's a case bound to spark debate on abortion no matter where one stands: a 19-year-old Texas man was sentenced to life in prison for, at his pregnant girlfriend's invitation, kicking her belly and causing her to miscarry.

After four months of pregnancy, Erica Basoria, 17, decided she wanted to end the lives of the twins she was carrying. But instead of getting a medical abortion, she started jogging and hitting herself to induce miscarriage. When that failed, she told cops, she asked her boyfriend, Gerardo Flores, to help.

Flores confessed to stepping on Basoria's stomach several times during the week before she miscarried. On Monday, he became the first person in Texas to be convicted under the Fetal Protection Law, which extend protections of the criminal code to an unborn child.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/316975p-271111c.html

She should've been charged with something as well.
What if she would've stabbed herself to end the pregnancy?
wouldn't she have been charged then???

sharon25 said:
She should've been charged with something as well.
What if she would've stabbed herself to end the pregnancy?
wouldn't she have been charged then???

We've talked about this case a lot in our office (small law firm). She was not charged because she has a right to have an abortion. HOWEVER, having your boyfriend kick you in the tummy to cause you to miscarry is NOT an abortion. Therefore, I believe she should have been charged too - possibly moreso than the boyfriend since she ASKED him to kick her. :slap:

Stories like this make me so mad. Certainly they knew there were other options. :slap:

This is one screwed up story, it makes my head hurt :banghead:

I think she should have been charged with something too ~ but I have no idea what. :waitasec:

Casshew said:
This is one screwed up story, it makes my head hurt :banghead:

I think she should have been charged with something too ~ but I have no idea what. :waitasec:
It's a tough one that's for sure. But, IMO, she should've been charged
with the same thing her boyfriend was charged with.
After all she even said that she had punched herself as well.
She probably tried all kinds of things and when that wasn't working
she decided to enlist the help of her boyfriend.

Had she gone to a doctor then the law says that's legal.
This is no different then if she shot herself with the hopes of
the baby dying, IMO.

The story posted in the Houston Chronicle about it said that she was 4+ months when the incident occurred. Legally, abortions are to be done by 12 weeks. In other words, she missed the "cut-off" to have a legal abortion. She's very young and it sounds like maybe she didn't realize she was pregnant in time to have a legal abortion.

In any event, there were other options as well. I've wondered if maybe her parents didn't know and she was afraid to tell them. Who knows. Sad situation - definitely ruined his life. He'll have lots of time to think about what he did while she goes on with her life. :banghead: :furious:

At the very least someone should offer them a free tubal ligation and vasectomy.

WTH is wrong with people?

Why is she not as well charged with murder ? She solicited her boyfriend to intentionally harm her in hopes of killing the two precious babies growing within her womb.

She is no different then Casey Anthony, Stephanie Sloop, and the many more I can seem to name at the moment who kill their children.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back