Ping Map for July 15, 2008 - Discuss that day only

From the Calendar

Casey has the use of Amy's car while Amy is in Puerto Rico. (AH interview, p. 26, lines 18-20, when Amy leaves; page 28, lines 1-3, when Amy returns)

July 8-15 Ricardo in P. Rico
Page 1302 Lines 20 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008

July 8-15 Ricardo in P. Rico Left on flight by himself and returned afternoon July 15 on same flight as Amy H. Troy B. JP C.
Page 1302 Lines 20 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/rm092308.pdf

Tony L. Says: Casey left w/ her mother & Amy, last time he saw her face to face

July 15 Casey, Tony L. and Nate are at the apartment when Amy (has Cindy with her) knocks on the door. [3935 Sutton Pl Blvd Winter Park, FL 32792]
Page 1020 Lines 20-22 Tony L Interview with LE on 7/22/2008
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf

July 15 Troy saw Casey at the airport when she came to pick them up.
Page 1331 Lines 5-6 Troy B. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/tb092308.pdf

Amy returns from Puerto Rico, and Casey picks her up at the airport, without Caylee. Amy takes Casey to Tony's and drops her off. (AH interview, pg. 28, lines 1-3)

July 15 Casey picks Amy up at airport unknown at this time and then Casey gets dropped off at Tony L.’s apartment [3935 Sutton Pl Blvd Winter Park, FL 32792] and Amy goes back to airport to pick up Troy, Ricardo and J.P. at airport.
Page 1053 Lines 1-7 Amy H. Interview with LE on 7/23/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/ah092308.pdf

On 7/15/08 - check #146 for $250 was made out to Casey Anthony. This check was cashed by Casey Anthony at the counter at BOA (Bank of America). This check was on Amy Huzienga's BOA account.

July 15 Will received text from Casey’s phone that “Caylee was missing. She has been for 32 days now. If you have any information please call me on my cell”. He thought is was a 10:00PM
Page 1414 Lines 13-24 & Page 1415 Lines 1-4 William W. Interview with LE on 7/30/ 2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/ww092308.pdf

July 15 Casey came to the airport. [No time given]
Page 1305 Lines 6-7 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008

KC and AH Text Messages 7/15/08

KC AH The flight is in at 1130. I’ll call in the morning.

AH KC 07/15 8:10 AM I got it. You're in around 230. I’ll see you then!

KC AH Thanks man. So at the airport, no Ricardo.

AH KC 07/15 4:53 PM I think your camera is at my parents. I’ll check later to be sure.

KC AH It’s not. I must have put down the wrong address bc it came back there. I'm just having it sent to the boys’ house.

AH KC 07/15 5:30 PM Oh, ok. My mom had texted me something about it.

July 15:

Winn Dixie (7580 University) @ 6:04 pm cash $88.45

http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/la092308.pdf

Ricardo M. Says: Casey texted him 7/14 or 7/15 about airport pickup arrangements

July 14 or 15 Casey sent a text [Ricardo would have been in P. Rico] about who was picking them up at the airport.
Page 1305 Lines 4-5 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008

Cindy discounted George's mini-stroke in the ride to Tony's with Amy. (AH interview, pg. 32, lines 6-7) (see entry on June 13)

Pizza's first mention

On the way to Tony's, Cindy told Amy that when they opened the trunk of the car, they found pizza and maggots, and Cindy said they thought that's what the smell was from. (Mine: This is before the 911 calls.) (AH interview, pg. 30, lines 20-25)

Amy takes Cindy to Ricardo's; the smelly car again

Cindy picks Amy up at Florida Mall and on the way to Anthony's, Cindy tells Amy about the smell in the car. (AH interview, pg. 29, lines 7-18)

July 15 Troy saw Casey at the airport when she came to pick them up.
Page 1331 Lines 5-6 Troy B. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008

Ricardo returns from Puerto Rico. (RM interview, pg. 26, lines 1-2)

July 15 Casey, Tony L. and Nate are at the apartment when Amy (has Cindy with her) knocks on the door. [3935 Sutton Pl Blvd Winter Park, FL 32792]
Page 1020 Lines 20-22 Tony L Interview with LE on 7/22/2008

Casey's Online Presence

Casey wrote to Amy:

Casey Anthony wrote
at 4:02pm on July 15th, 2008

so glad you're home.
i better not see you online.
life is on hold until tomorrow

George worked from 3 - 11 pm on June 15th
CA sent GA back to work after he had picked up car so he doesn't really know what happened with car

- as per his interview with LE

Stultz poss. sees Casey running on Chickasaw. She denies

Document Page 12/692 Lines 13-23
July 15th: She was down the road, Chickasaw, I was going to work so about 9:00-9:30. I texted her and she said no it wasn’t her.

Lee Picks up Casey's belongings from Tony's apt

While LE are at Anthony home questioning family, Lee goes to Tony's apt. and picks up Casey's laptop, large leopard print duffle bag w/clothing, white backpack w/clothing, large purse with toiletries, female items.
Leaves midnight on 7/15, returns 2:25 am on 7/16.
Lee Anthony interview. pg. 18, line 19. pg. 21, line 19

Yay Georgia! Thanks so much for all of the work you've done to get these ping maps complete. They're great and an excellent source for sleuthing and discussion!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

I think it is important to note that when Lee went to Tony's to pick up Casey's things, Lee commented to LE that everything was packed and ready to go, indicating that Tony had been the one to do the packing. That right there told me no-way now-how did Tony have anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. In a few short hours after seeing Cindy and Amy come over, then speaking with Amy about her ordeal, Tony very quickly realized what kind of person was living with him and wanted her out ASAP.

I think it is important to note that when Lee went to Tony's to pick up Casey's things, Lee commented to LE that everything was packed and ready to go, indicating that Tony had been the one to do the packing. That right there told me no-way now-how did Tony have anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. In a few short hours after seeing Cindy and Amy come over, then speaking with Amy about her ordeal, Tony very quickly realized what kind of person was living with him and wanted her out ASAP.

Also interesting about that is how he stressed in his interview how neatly it was packed and that his sister could've never packed it like that, because shes wasn't that neat..He made a real big deal about that and I don't know why

Also interesting about that is how he stressed in his interview how neatly it was packed and that his sister could've never packed it like that, because shes wasn't that neat..He made a real big deal about that and I don't know why

Yes. That comment made me wonder a lot as well. I do remember though that in Clint's interview he talks about her being very neat and tidy...Clint laughs about it and says that Tony wouldn't have had it any other way. So maybe she was "adapting" as she had always done.

Who is Kyle K., that KC texted a bit with in the early morning?

Since Casey's phone was @ Tony's initially she prolly had some 'splainin' to do when Tony was using it contacting Amy after everything started going down and he sees some incoming texts from Andy & Will:

7/15/08 TUE 9:27:40 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H.
7/15/08 TUE 9:34:50 PM INCOMING TEXT Andy F. Casey A.
7/15/08 TUE 9:36:56 PM INCOMING TEXT Will W. Casey A.

7/15/08 TUE 10:07:08 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H.
7/15/08 TUE 10:07:13 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Casey Voicemail
7/15/08 TUE 10:07:13 PM INCOMING CALL Mark H. Casey A.
7/15/08 TUE 10:07:39 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H.
7/15/08 TUE 11:55:18 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey A. Amy H.

...ok...jus gives me a bit of a chuckle.

Not certain of the exact time LE arrived at Tony's to pick up the phone.

Since Casey's phone was @ Tony's initially she prolly had some 'splainin' to do when Tony was using it contacting Amy after everything started going down and he sees some incoming texts from Andy & Will:

Lol. Made me chuckle too. She really is incredible!

(Thanks for sharing.) :rolleyes:

(I copied this over from the Pontiac thread)

OK, so here is my speculation of the route Casey was following to pick up Amy, beginning approximately 1:00PM, based on cell pings and direction of pings to cell towers:

1:00 PM - leave AL's. Must make a right turn and head east. It is clear from pings to tower 58 she gets as far as Goldenrod, where it appears she pulls a U-turn to head west. This is the desired direction, because she wants to get onto Semoran. Tower 46 pings from Tony's and University as she heads west.

1:08 PM - left turn from University onto Semoran. Pings to tower 51 at 1:10 to 1:11 consistent with this location.

1:15 PM - Cross 408, continue to head south. Pings at 1:15 and 1:17 to north side of tower 30 consistent with this.

For some reason at this point Casey decides she needs to stop by Ric / Amy's place. So she loops back towards their apartment.

1:19 PM - Right turn onto Lake Margaret, heading west in the vicinity of the Sawgrass Apartments. Pings to north side of tower 24 consistent with this.

1:22 PM - Right turn onto S. Conway (15) heading north past Sawgrass.

1:28 PM - Left onto Curry Ford (stuck at light), heading west.

1:30 PM - Right onto S. Crystal Lake, heading north.

1:34 PM - Left onto E. Robinson to Ric / Amy's

1:35 PM to 1:41 PM - At Ric / Amy's (park, go in, get something, come out, leave). Pings to cell towers at this time consistent with this location.

Now she needs to get onto S. Orange to head toward airport. Takes back roads to avoid traffic.

1:43 PM - Left on Summerlin, heading south.

1:45 PM - Right on Briercliff, heading west - ping to cell tower 28 at 13:45:24 consistent with this location.

1:47 PM - Left on Delaney, heading south

1:51 PM - Right on E. Michigan, heading east (had to wait for cars ahead to make right).

1:54 PM - Left on S. Orange, heading S. toward airport (had to wait for left turn light).

1:55 PM - Passes Cast Iron Tatoos as she is driving south on Orange. The pings from 1:54:19 to 1:56:03 bounce between two cell towers very close to this location. The cell ID's of these two towers place her in a very specific 1 mile stretch of S. Orange (and no other road) at this time.

2:04 PM - Left onto E. Sand Lake / McCoy toward Beachline Expw, heading east towards airport. Pings at 2:06 from tower 9 consistent with this location.

Remaining pings (including again cell direction) to 2:31:52 PM are very consistent with Casey entering aiport from the south. This means she would turn right onto Boggy Creek and then left onto the S. Access Road. At 2:32 she is either at or very close to the terminal pick up area.

Now, people will love speculating about the following. There are 10 minutes of "fat" in the pings driving this route. Pings at 2:21 to 2:24 still place her on Boggy Creek, southwest of the airport. Maybe she stopped to put some gas in Amy's car, but she stopped somewhere for about 10 minutes.

AHA! I was reading a portion of the recent docs (section 2) and saw a portion of TonE's interview with OCSO where he talked about sending a text to KC about 2 hours after Cindy left with KC from his apartment, he realized her phone was still there bc it signaled a receipt of his text, then he called Amy H as noted in your timeline above.

Thinking his time is off somewhat and also we need to know who actually recovered her phone from TonE's apt - was it Lee or OCSO? A mass text was sent out about Caylee's disappearance the next day and she sent texts to TonE while on the wild and crazy goose chase through Orlando on the 16th, right? Why would OCSO give her the cell phone back while they are looking for Caylee?

Another thought ... there is no second phone. If there was, we'd see phone records of other people in this case with texts from that other phone showing that phone number.. right? Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I thought it was relevant to July 15th

7/15/08 TUE 9:34:50 PM INCOMING TEXT Andy F. Casey A. - "What ya up to?"
7/15/08 TUE 9:36:56 PM INCOMING TEXT Will W. Casey A. - "Well if things r cool b safe n all that jazz"

I was reading the 911 call thread and remembered I posted the following on the Pontiac thread. Since it involves a timeline theory for part of the day on July 15, I felt I should post here as well. (That, and I believe in recycling.)

George and Cindy drive to the tow yard to retrieve the Pontiac. It is important to remember that neither at that point in time have any idea whatsoever that Caylee is missing. They simply believe Casey has been preventing them from seeing her.

George opens the car door and smells what he believes is human decomposition (and we later learn he was correct.) Mr. Burch smells it too.

George is obviously worried it might be Caylee or even Casey. He asks Mr. Burch to go to the trunk with him. They open the trunk and there is no body, but there is a bag of trash with flies and maggots on it. Mr. Burch says that must be the source of the smell and tosses the bag. George never inspects the garbage to make sure there was a pizza in it - why should he?

IMHO, it is quite reasonable for George to temporarily accept this alternate explanation for the smell because he is not aware that Caylee is missing.

Progressing with the sequence of events, George drives the car home, puts it in the garage, and disconnects the battery just in case his daughter shows up and tries to drive it away. Cindy comments on the smell being that of something dead. George says there was a bag of garbage in the trunk with a pizza in it and that the bag had maggots and flies on it. Cindy asks if it was the pizza and George says it was. Again, a reminder that to this point neither knows Caylee is missing.

I can imagine George then saying a few things about how irresponsible Casey had become to abandon a perfectly good vehicle, never tell her parents about it, and on top of all that leave a bag of rotting garbage in the trunk while the car sat in the hot Florida sun for two weeks.

The two try to air out the car while it is parked in the garage, and I believe they try to clean it. First they spray the bugs in the trunk with pesticide, which may have been manufactured with chloroform as a solvent. Then they vacuum out the dead bugs and other debris. They try to clean the stain in the trunk, which they believe came from the trash bag. They may have used their portable steam cleaner to do this. They may have used dry cleaning fluid to do this which, by the way, has chloroform as an ingredient.

Cindy cleans out the interior, seeing Casey's slacks, noticing the smell, and tossing them in the wash. Remember, they are trying to clean a stinking car their daughter abandoned and they had to "bail out" for several hundred dollars. They still do not have any clue Caylee is missing.

Cindy texts Casey, gets a response, texts her back, gets another response. No idea what was in that exchange. George takes off for work.

Cindy continues going through the car and runs across Amy's resume. Apparently Cindy's text exchange earlier with Casey did not satisfy the question(s) she had, so she calls Amy and asks her to take her to Casey.

During the ride over Cindy complains about Casey. IIRC it ran the gamut of her stealing, lying, not letting them see Casey. They arrive at Tony's, get Casey, and drive back to Ric's to drop Amy off.

Now Cindy wants some answers. She is angry and confused, and Casey is not giving her a story that makes sense. They drive to a police station, and from the parking lot Cindy makes the first 911 call. She also calls George. George calls Lee and asks him to head over to their house to help Cindy get to the bottom of whatever is going on. Cindy drives back to the home with Casey - Lee is already there.

Cindy makes a second 911 call. Continues trying to talk to Casey and get some answers. George heads home from work. Cindy leaves the room and Lee tries talking to her. It is then that Casey mentions the kidnapping story which Cindy overhears. She rushes in, gets more information from Casey, and goes into a panic. I submit that this is the point where Cindy first puts two and two together.

She calls 911 again, this time mentioning the car smell and missing baby, and George happens to walk in on the call.

I do not view their cleaning of the call earlier as anything but innocent given they were not working with all the facts. If they hid the fact they cleaned the car in later LE interviews, that is obstruction. But the act itself was not.

I was reading the 911 call thread and remembered I posted the following on the Pontiac thread. Since it involves a timeline theory for part of the day on July 15, I felt I should post here as well. (That, and I believe in recycling.)

George and Cindy drive to the tow yard to retrieve the Pontiac. It is important to remember that neither at that point in time have any idea whatsoever that Caylee is missing. They simply believe Casey has been preventing them from seeing her.

George opens the car door and smells what he believes is human decomposition (and we later learn he was correct.) Mr. Burch smells it too.

George is obviously worried it might be Caylee or even Casey. He asks Mr. Burch to go to the trunk with him. They open the trunk and there is no body, but there is a bag of trash with flies and maggots on it. Mr. Burch says that must be the source of the smell and tosses the bag. George never inspects the garbage to make sure there was a pizza in it - why should he?

IMHO, it is quite reasonable for George to temporarily accept this alternate explanation for the smell because he is not aware that Caylee is missing.

Progressing with the sequence of events, George drives the car home, puts it in the garage, and disconnects the battery just in case his daughter shows up and tries to drive it away. Cindy comments on the smell being that of something dead. George says there was a bag of garbage in the trunk with a pizza in it and that the bag had maggots and flies on it. Cindy asks if it was the pizza and George says it was. Again, a reminder that to this point neither knows Caylee is missing.

I can imagine George then saying a few things about how irresponsible Casey had become to abandon a perfectly good vehicle, never tell her parents about it, and on top of all that leave a bag of rotting garbage in the trunk while the car sat in the hot Florida sun for two weeks.

The two try to air out the car while it is parked in the garage, and I believe they try to clean it. First they spray the bugs in the trunk with pesticide, which may have been manufactured with chloroform as a solvent. Then they vacuum out the dead bugs and other debris. They try to clean the stain in the trunk, which they believe came from the trash bag. They may have used their portable steam cleaner to do this. They may have used dry cleaning fluid to do this which, by the way, has chloroform as an ingredient.

Cindy cleans out the interior, seeing Casey's slacks, noticing the smell, and tossing them in the wash. Remember, they are trying to clean a stinking car their daughter abandoned and they had to "bail out" for several hundred dollars. They still do not have any clue Caylee is missing.

Cindy texts Casey, gets a response, texts her back, gets another response. No idea what was in that exchange. George takes off for work.

Cindy continues going through the car and runs across Amy's resume. Apparently Cindy's text exchange earlier with Casey did not satisfy the question(s) she had, so she calls Amy and asks her to take her to Casey.

During the ride over Cindy complains about Casey. IIRC it ran the gamut of her stealing, lying, not letting them see Casey. They arrive at Tony's, get Casey, and drive back to Ric's to drop Amy off.

Now Cindy wants some answers. She is angry and confused, and Casey is not giving her a story that makes sense. They drive to a police station, and from the parking lot Cindy makes the first 911 call. She also calls George. George calls Lee and asks him to head over to their house to help Cindy get to the bottom of whatever is going on. Cindy drives back to the home with Casey - Lee is already there.

Cindy makes a second 911 call. Continues trying to talk to Casey and get some answers. George heads home from work. Cindy leaves the room and Lee tries talking to her. It is then that Casey mentions the kidnapping story which Cindy overhears. She rushes in, gets more information from Casey, and goes into a panic. I submit that this is the point where Cindy first puts two and two together.

She calls 911 again, this time mentioning the car smell and missing baby, and George happens to walk in on the call.

I do not view their cleaning of the call earlier as anything but innocent given they were not working with all the facts. If they hid the fact they cleaned the car in later LE interviews, that is obstruction. But the act itself was not.

That sounds really good to me as far as the bug spray, cleaning etc.

...thought I'd already brought this over to 7/15.

Bringing this over from the "KC Borrowed Cindy's car thread" where we worked out the 7/15 timeline relative to opportunity for G&C to clean the Pontiac either together or on their own...not perfect, but, seems like lotsa discussion on this thread re: same, so thought this might help...I cleaned it up just a bit.

Originally Posted by BondJamesBond

~1:55PM Cindy & George wrapping up @ the towyard
~2:30PM George's HHR (Cindy driving) goes through the last toll on their way home w/ the Pontiac (George driving)
>2:30PM Cindy and George get home w/ the Pontiac
<5:10PM George leaves for work based on EPass record of his HHR

Casey's pings support...
~2:30PM Casey met Amy @ the airport
~3:20PM Casey & Amy leave the airport area after presumably picking up luggage

4:02PM Casey sends Amy a facebook message, "so glad you&#8217;re home.i better not see you online.life is on hold until tomorrow" suggesting Amy has now dropped her off @ Tony's.

#:##PM Amy returns to the airport and picks up the boys
5:22PM Amy texts Casey about her camera being returned to her apt. instead of Casey's...indicating Amy made it to her apt.
~5:30PM Amy and J.P. goto Mall
#:##PM Cindy calls Amy
>6:17PM Cindy picks up Amy after going through airport toll per EPass
>6:30PM-7PM Cindy and Amy show up @ Tony's apt (my guess based on last outbound ping before 9:27PM Tony calling Amy w/ Casey's phone that was left @ his apartment)
8:44PM Cindy makes 911 call

Epass for convenient reference:
George's-only-focused on 7/15: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=96
G&C's for both June & July: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=16

Sooooo....

Depending on whether or not Cindy went back to work (understand she may state that, but, I dunno if it has been corroborated):

George has between ~>2:30PM to <5:10PM to work on the Pontiac 7/15. George may have had ~1hr+ of this time on his own depending on whether or not Cindy went back to work (see below).

Cindy likely had ~1 hour on her own w/ the Pontiac between ~>5:10PM and <6:17PM, 7/15, when she left to go get Amy. OR, up to ~3hrs total...with George up to <5:10PM depending on whether she went back to Gentiva after getting home w/ George ~>2:30PM or not. Note: High confidence that Cindy left from home to get Amy @ the mall based on Cindy passing the airport toll (vs. leaving from Gentiva).

IF we give Cindy the benefit of the doubt, it is plausble she left for Gentiva almost immediately after getting home (say, 3PM if she threw some things in the laundry to wash while she was out) and then returned home before hunting down Amy ~6PM. Note: There are no tolls on the typical route between G&C's & Gentiva, hence, no way to lock this down.

That's not to say they did or didn't have the opportunity to do something 7/16 before the Pontiac was picked up by LE...just looked @ 7/15 info for this dive.

Hope that helps.

Very interesting Bond! I've been wondering about when the "clean up" could have started and this establishes that it may well have started on the 15th! I wonder if we'll get any more documents before trial? If so, I'll be very curious to see if LE followed up to determine where CA and GA were on the both the 15th and 16th of July.

We must think alike Bonds. Here is a Docstoc I made. Its view is much differant and better if you choose download over viewing it on docstoc.
9659623452_b.jpg

Docstoc chopped it up.http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3303341/July-15-Events

I just dont know if the tolls support going back to work. I think the tolls reflect going somewhere after the two then back home at the 5 time

The blackline is Anthony's to Johnson's wreckers. I think on the epass records, with addresses that have (M) that may mean Main Toll Plaza.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3303994/EPASSMap2008

I see what you are saying, although the map you linked to is a little off (as I will show in a moment). Here is a key statement from George's Aug. 4 interview (page 40 / evidence page 2044):

But then again after we brought her car home my wife sent me back to work. Because I had an event to go to work at and she says, "I'll handle everything with Casey", and type stuff. Cause I was pretty livid at the moment.

I think we might want to revise Bond's timeline as follows:

~1:55PM Cindy & George wrapping up @ the towyard
~2:10PM Cindy & George arrive home with Pontiac (tow yard < 8 minutes from home on residential streets). George removes battery. Cindy tells him to go on to work.
~2:20PM George leaves for work. He passes through toll booths F & E on the way to the Andrews International office.
~5:00PM George leaves for his assignment at the Premier Cinema at Fashion Square Mall (this per his July 24 interview). He passes through toll booths E, F, then G. G is a toll booth on Goldenrod, and not one George would pass through going between work and home. While it is not a route I would take, it is one that is entirely plausible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back