FL - Dennis Rivera for child abuse, Orange County, 2008

This is simply disgusting!! I am so sick of this crap!!! :(

Why, why, why, why? What is going on? :eek:

Here's the ! The poor baby needed to have immediate brain surgery. Ladies (and gentlemen), please, please do be careful in your choice of partner when you have children. Time and time again we are reading about a boyfriend or girlfriend beating up their partner's child(ren). This is just so sad that this could easily have been avoided. BTW, I was not happy to hear that she asked him to discipline her child becasue he was fussy. I was a sigle parent for 14 years and I would have been dam_ed if I let someone discipline my daughter. Sorry for the long paragraph...this just angers me! :mad:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17922943/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An 18-month-old toddler was in critical condition Friday after Dennis Rivera admitted to deputies that he beat the little boy so badly that he needed emergency brain surgery. Deputies in east Orange County shut down roads and even searched a Wal-Mart until they found Rivera Thursday afternoon.

I think we call expected this...or at least hoped.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17922943/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge Friday afternoon denied bond for the 24-year-old suspect accused of beating a toddler. The 18-month-old child was in critical condition Friday after Dennis Rivera admitted to deputies that he beat the little boy so badly that he needed emergency brain surgery.

OMG, If you read the arrest affadavit, he has been beating both of them since they arrived from chicago 45 days ago, and virtually keeping them prisoner.
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/1107/17931108.pdf
what a cowardly .

Holy crap! This is absolutely sick! I am so relieved that he did not get bond. He most likely would have killed her. I hope she stays away from him now.

I just dont get it! the poor poor baby. How can people do this?
I was a young mom, at 17. sadley my sons father passed away when my son was 5. I have been a single mom since, my son is now 13.

I was a child myself when I had my son, dont get me wrong I made mistakes, BUT NEVER would ANY man, touch my son.
I dates someone for 4 years after my sons father passed and didnt allow him to even meet my son until we had been dating for 2 years, and after that he would NEVER discpline my son and if he tried, BYE BYE....

its so sad, I feel sad for the mom,what was she thinkin? does she have no one to trust?
did she just meet this man?
Im confussed. where is the baby's father?
i pray that the baby will be ok.

Yeah, it is almost daily. It hurts my hurt to think about the amount of pain an adult can inflict on a child.

I don't believe she asked him to disipline him - I believe this man was trying to make it seem not as bad by saying she asked him to disipline him but he was just trying to cover his butt and throw her in as well. Its disgusting that some men feel they need to treat women and children that way so they can feel big and bad about themselves. His mother seems to have just turned a blind eye to it - I can't believe she didn't know this was going on.

The Fox News says she slapped him before b/freind beat him. I hope someone steps in to protect this baby. There's a special place for men (animals) that beat babies and women.

Why does this keep happening?
Are there stats on this phenomena?
You are right, it almost seems daily that we hear of such killings and beatings by parents:furious:

I just cannot understand it...

This is another one of those cases that gets delayed and delayed. The current trial date is 06/07/2010.

Dennis J. Rivera

Sentence Date: 06/02/2010

Offense: Aggravated Child Abuse
Sentence: 10 years

Projected Release Date: 11/04/2018

Dennis J. Rivera

Sentence Date: 06/02/2010

Offense: Aggravated Child Abuse
Sentence: 10 years

Projected Release Date: 11/04/2018

Are there any current updates on the child?

I don't believe she asked him to disipline him - I believe this man was trying to make it seem not as bad by saying she asked him to disipline him but he was just trying to cover his butt and throw her in as well. Its disgusting that some men feel they need to treat women and children that way so they can feel big and bad about themselves. His mother seems to have just turned a blind eye to it - I can't believe she didn't know this was going on.

bolded by me.

Exactly what I was thinking. If he had been beating her regularly, I really doubt she would ask him to discipline her child--that is, if she had any motherly sense at all.

he's 18 months old how the heck do you discipline an 18 month old?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back