Medication

Pattymarie

Reaction score
Tonite, on NG, MN said CA was on "medication" that would not qualify her to take a polygraph. What meds out there could do this?

Tonite, on NG, MN said CA was on "medication" that would not qualify her to take a polygraph. What meds out there could do this?

Not too many (according to Mike, the FBI expert on NG.) I believe he said "how many people are not on medication these days?" or something to that effect.

They said everyone is on some medication and meds are NOT a factor to be dismissed out of the LD. This was BS excuse given by their swarmy lawyer!
Most likely she is on the xanax too.

They said everyone is on some medication and meds are NOT a factor to be dismissed out of the LD. This was BS excuse given by their swarmy lawyer!
Most likely she is on the xanax too.
why is she most likely on xanax?

The sites I found said that meds can effect a polygraph and that there are too many for them to have all been tested but in a nutshell anything that effects the things they are measuring (blood pressure, pulse, respiration, etc...) could impact the test. Anti anxiety meds are known to, tranquilizers as well, some psychotropic meds.....

I would think anti-anxiety meds would enable you tell the truth.

Possibly a CNS depressant, like Ativan, given sometimes for extreme anxiety.

i know that beta-blockers, such as atenolol used for hypertension, can affect the test.

I can't say where I got the info from but it's something that takes 2 weeks to work into your system before the full affect is achieved, although I do not know the name of the med.

I'm reading a true crime library book right now and the suspect in the case was on Buspar (anti-anxiety) and his attorney had him get off it before taking a polygraph. I figure xanax or ativan would be about the same.

I can't say where I got the info from but it's something that takes 2 weeks to work into your system before the full affect is achieved, although I do not know the name of the med.

What are you saying, that she is on an Antidepressant?

I'm reading a true crime library book right now and the suspect in the case was on Buspar (anti-anxiety) and his attorney had him get off it before taking a polygraph. I figure xanax or ativan would be about the same.

Though Buspar is an anti-anxiety medication it is in a different drug class than Xanax or Ativan.

Though Buspar is an anti-anxiety medication it is in a different drug class than Xanax or Ativan.

very true... Xanax and Ativan are very addicting and cause much mellowness. Could override your lies and make you say the truth. Buspar is non-addictive...does not cause a "buzz" that would cause you to talk.

http://www.floridapolygraphliedetector.com/faq.htm

Q. Do medications affect the accuracy of the polygraph test?

Some medications and medical conditions can influence physiological responses and diminish tracings, but they do not produce erroneous outcomes. Examinees should continue taking medications as prescribed by doctors. If you are taking medication, notify your examiner and they can evaluate its effect on the test.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back