Car swept down the Green River with kids inside!

MrsG728

Reaction score
http://www.komonews.com/news/34091864.html
AUBURN, Wash. -- Police and firefighters are searching the Green River for a vehicle that may have been swept away with a teenager and 2-year-old child inside.

Auburn police Sgt. Scott Near said a woman called 911 just before 9 a.m. and said she lost control and ended up in the river in the 29800 block of Green River road.
The woman told police that as water began to fill the car, she got out to call for help and the vehicle was swept away with a 14 year old and 2-year-old child still inside. She tried to get the kids out of the car but was unable to do so, Near said. "She's pretty distraught and shaken up."

How sad. Do Volkswagon Bugs still float? I know the old ones did as long as you did not open the door. I hope the mother climbed out the window then there is a chance the children are still alive.

Just watched this unfold on Fox and they cannot locate the car. :( They are still searching the river. No sign of the children either.

This is so strange. One kid was 14 the other 2. They have been in the water too long.

"There has been some debris that might be associated with the car and some kids floating down the river," near said. "We've cut off the roads and we've got several agencies looking, trying to find this vehicle," Near said.

What does that mean???
There might be some kids floating down the river???
Like other kids? NOt the kids they are looking for?
Floating like for fun??? Or they're dead too?
Sorry, am i missing something?

They found the car and I think they stopped/slowed the efforts to pull it out of the river at this point.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/386877_car08.html

It was a 16 year old girl (an aunt of one of the children?) who was driving, she said she got swept away by the current when she was trying to get them out of the car. What a sad sad story:(

"There has been some debris that might be associated with the car and some kids floating down the river," near said. "We've cut off the roads and we've got several agencies looking, trying to find this vehicle," Near said.

What does that mean???
There might be some kids floating down the river???
Like other kids? NOt the kids they are looking for?
Floating like for fun??? Or they're dead too?
Sorry, am i missing something?

I think this was just incredibly poorly worded, and meant that they had found debris relating to the kids in the car.

Oh how horrible! They found the car but are unsure if the kids are in it. Thats so so sad.

1 body in car pulled from Green River

Only one body has been recovered from a car that plunged into a rain-swollen river south of Seattle with two young boys inside.

[snip]

Urquhart says the body of 2-year-old Hunter Beaupre was inside the car. The body of his cousin, 13-year-old Austin Fuda, remains missing. Crews from the King County Sheriff's office immediately began a search for the body.

More: http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=9332658

Would their be a chance the 13 year old made it somehow if he was a strong swimmer?

This is a terrible story! I heard about it from a friend of mine who lives up near there, she said that road is very very dangerous with so many sharp turns and steep drops that she would never drive it in bad conditions. I really feel that the 16 yo should never have had the responsibility to be driving this, so sad :(

VB

I could be wrong, but I thought it was just the VW Beetle that used to float.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back