Hurricane Paloma has Formed - Could Become a Cat 3

Dark Knight

Reaction score
GEORGE TOWN (Reuters) – Residents of the Cayman Islands braced for Hurricane Paloma on Friday as it strengthened rapidly while bearing down on the wealthy British territory on a path that could also threaten Cuba.

"No one thought this storm would come in so quickly," said Levonne Johnston," a resident of George Town, the Cayman Islands capital, which was expected to take a lashing from the eighth hurricane of the 2008 Atlantic storm season.

CATEGORY 3 POTENTIAL

The hurricane center said the storm was likely to become a Category 2 hurricane later on Friday, before possibly growing into a fearsome Category 3. Hurricane Katrina was a Category 3 storm when it came ashore near New Orleans in 2005 and swamped the vulnerable, low-lying city.

"The center of Paloma will pass near the Cayman Islands late today or early Saturday and be approaching the coast of central Cuba late Saturday," the hurricane center said.

The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081107/wl_nm/us_storm_paloma;_ylt=Ao80QUgt7hozS_UECSjX8Gqs0NUE

Wow, it's late in the season for a new storm.

Sneaky, sneaky. I didn't even realize this one was out there-just happened to go to yahoo news (which i rarely do) and there it was. Not good.

Sneaky, sneaky. I didn't even realize this one was out there-just happened to go to yahoo news (which i rarely do) and there it was. Not good.

Cat 4 already, too! Cuba is gonna get hammered AGAIN.

If Cuba gets hammered, then Florida is going to get rain for sure. And that spells problems for the TES search for Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back