"HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

LazyCat08

I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......
Reaction score
My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed :eek:

I've seen it. I didn't really like it at all. It was too twisted for me. But it was interesting nonetheless.

Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess

I've seen the movie. I liked it so much that I bought the dvd (when it went on sale).

That was real payback. And I hope it makes the rounds of the dirty little movie houses where pervs go to watch their dirty little movies.

I have it on DVD.. I had just randomly came across it on HBO or cinemax one night.. and was rivoted to it.. It was very very INTENSE movie.. and very powerful.. Ellen Page was excellent in it.. I highly recommend this movie..

My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed :eek:

I have it on DVD, Just watched it a couple weeks ago, I was shocked!!!! It was a good movie tho!!!!!! I thought for sure SHE{Ellen Page } was going to be the victem!! Im so glad it was the other way around, and she did get the truth in the end!!

harsh but EXCELLENT movie. I bought it on Dvd. Ellen Page is golden; Hard Candy gave me faith that she was the right fit for playing Juno. :D

Saw it long time ago thought it was awesome- I knew Ellen was bound for great things after that performance- I hope every pedophile rents it and ( by some miracle ) it scares them straight.... unlikely i know but I love those types of movies where those things you really wish would happen, do... ever the optimist I guess

Sickly enough, the guy who murdered Kelsey Smith cited it as one of his favorite movies...:furious:

I liked the Movie,it's where the Hunter became Hunted.

I've seen it...that is one disturbing movie. Ellen Page is an amazing actress.

Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.

Very intense... provoked alot of discussion... Have seen the Woodsman too with Kevin Bacon... Both disturbing and yet interesting.

Have any of you seen Little Children starring Kate Winslet... Pretty intense.... I recommend it.

PS... beware... some pretty graphic scenes and nudity of Kate winslet and a man.

Put it on my "to watch" list! thanks!

The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does:)

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!

The book Little Children is great, too. I read it before the movie came out, and yet still love the movie. Usually that doesn't happen, and it's super awesome when it does:)

The book was written by Tom Perotta, who also wrote "Election," which I have not read but I incredibly love that movie, too...Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

On a related note regarding movies and crimes, when Canadian serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged and raped Karla's little sister (who died from that attack, btw), they watched the 1990 movie, "Lisa" while they waited for the drugs to take effect. That movie is about a girl who flirts with older guys and ends up attracting a serial killer. They also loved the 1988 movie "Criminal Law," and even changed their last name to "Teale," a misspelling/misunderstanding of the last name of the serial killer in "Criminal Law," played by...wait for it....Kevin Bacon!

ohboy, I'm gonna have to check those out. Kevin Bacon plays some very thought provoking characters and I love that he and his wife are often in movies together.

Great movie! Another great "pedophilia in a movie" is Kevin Bacon in "The Woodsman". Fantastic movie, IMO!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2012610841

I think The Woodsman is a much better film than Hard Candy for several reasons. HC never quite breaks free from the play on which it seems to be based, nor is it particularly believable. Like most movies where perps confess under duress, all the Patrick Wilson character had to say was "I'm being harassed by this crazy girl who is telling lies about me, so I told her what she wanted to hear."

I, too, enjoyed the acting of both principals, however; I'm not blaming anyone for liking the film.

Woodsman, on the other hand, is a great movie.

I thought it was dark and twisted, pretty good film. But buying it, that seems odd, not the kind of movie you want to watch over and over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back