Blueprints for Auschwitz Found

The original blueprints for Auschwitz found while cleaning out a German flat. The slideshow on the bottom left shows the blueprints.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081110/wl_nm/us_germany_auschwitz

Thanks for posting this. The server was down when I tried to earlier, so I gave up in case it was because of me, lol.

It was chilling to read how pre-planned everything was. It was completely designed for one thing and one thing only, mass exterminations. Absolutely chilling.

OMG! Terrible! It really was made for mass human extermination! :no:

Oh yeah - this was Hitler's vision brought into fruition. If you read Mein Kamf he pretty much spells it out. This discovery goes to prove that the Nazi's had been planning the systematic extermination of the Jews. Unbelievable. When you stop and think about what they got away with it is mind-boggling. Not just the millions of Jews dead but the way they were treated, the experiments performed on children, the humuliation and torture they suffered. I have read numerous books about Nazi Germany, WWII and The Holocaust and I am never ceased to be shocked, amazed and absolutely chilled to the bone thinking about what they go away with and how dangerously close they got to acheiving some of their twisted sick goals. The effect of those maddening 10 yrs is still resonating today.

Gaia..........thanks for posting! I haven't seen this on the news anywhere.

xxxxxxxooo
mama.
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

This is proof that the Nazi's planned their exterminations.

Just pure evil...

I have not heard about this news either. Thank you for sharing it.

Always
Gozgals

I am still struggling with why it took so long for the US to respond to this atrocity. :waitasec:

I am still struggling with why it took so long for the US to respond to this atrocity. :waitasec:

I often wondered that too. First of all consider they did not have the news sources we have now,and second,I don't think anyone could concieve that there could be that kind of evil in a civilized society. I would never have believed before 9/11 that people would fly planes into buildings and I'm a 24/7 news junky,so I can only guess that people thought the extermination camps were made up or exagerated.

The original blueprints for Auschwitz found while cleaning out a German flat. The slideshow on the bottom left shows the blueprints.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081110/wl_nm/us_germany_auschwitz

WOW Faia227: I got the chills from this one...Thank you for posting that.
I knew November 10th was 60 year anniversary of (spelling) Christalnacht = the night all the glass broke = the night 200,000 Jews perished = the first night it became clear that Hitler's war was very serious. And if I am not mistaken it is also the night that Pope Pius Xll walked by the Nazis and did nothing to help, he never spoke out, and never spoke up.

My parents were there and I was born right after the war in Germany.
It is still in the blue print of my body, or I would have read the entire article, but could not.

It is very sad to me when some Muslims say it never happened.
It is also very sad to me that kind of dehumanization still happens in the world at large. :(

Thanks for posting this. The server was down when I tried to earlier, so I gave up in case it was because of me, lol.

It was chilling to read how pre-planned everything was. It was completely designed for one thing and one thing only, mass exterminations. Absolutely chilling.

This is why we must beware of the Muslims of today, while some are innocent;
A huge majority of them are not.
I do believe that the world at large should be allowed to profile in times like this.
We have reached a time in history that is not like the days that we grew up. :(

I too wish the USA could have helped sooner, but I imagine that they needed the UN to get involved too. I imagine it was not as well known in the early days of WWII - those were not the days of fast information, it was the days of snail mail. And it was because of WWII that the UN and the USA came together to help all countries that are under attack.
But lets look at Africa, Bosnia, that was more recent and communication was more rapid, and still the USA did not go to help right away. :waitasec:

I too wish the USA could have helped sooner, but I imagine that they needed the UN to get involved too.
I imagine it was not as well known in the early days of WWII - those were not the days of fast information, it was the days of snail mail.

It was because of WWII that the UN and the USA came together to help all countries that are under attack.
But lets look at Africa, Bosnia, that was more recent and communication was more rapid, and still the USA did not go to help right away. :waitasec:

Everyone should watch Ken Burns WW2 documentary. It really has you scratching your head as to how Europe and then the US just stood by and watched country after country get taken over by the Nazis. Its astounding actually. You wonder how the world may have changed if someone stepped in after Hitler overtook the 1st country.
I really wish we could be isolationists but unfortunatley,as long as there is evil in this world,we are all responsable for each other.

Wow... Songline really wanted to make her point, didn't she?!?! LOL!

The US knew it was happening. There were two choices: try and liberate the camps, killing many prisoners in the process of aerial bombing or defeat the Third Reich. Roosevelt chose the later.

I too wish the USA could have helped sooner, but I imagine that they needed the UN to get involved too.

There was no UN until after WWII. There was only the old League of Nations, which was pretty much defunct before WWII began. Germany had already withdrawn from the League, as had other members.

The US knew it was happening. There were two choices: try and liberate the camps, killing many prisoners in the process of aerial bombing or defeat the Third Reich. Roosevelt chose the later.

The U.S. didn't get militarily involved until Hitler attacked one of our ships. He drew us into the war deliberately. We were non-commital until then, sadly. (If he has never attacked us and invaded Russia, he likely would have owned most of Europe. Attacking 2 Superpowers was a BAD idea.)

The world (U.N.) has learned nothing from this, either. The U.N. refused military action in Serbia when there were concentration camps and ethnic cleansing going on in the 90's, it took NATO to end that by themselves. And look how we stand by when similar horrors occur in Rwanda and Darfur. We've learned nothing from the Holocaust. Nations still stand by while people suffer and die. Oh there may be some token gestures, but that's about it.

Off my sopabox now, lol.

The U.S. didn't get militarily involved until Hitler attacked one of our ships. He drew us into the war deliberately. We were non-commital until then, sadly. (If he has never attacked us and invaded Russia, he likely would have owned most of Europe. Attacking 2 Superpowers was a BAD idea.)

The world (U.N.) has learned nothing from this, either. The U.N. refused military action in Serbia when there were concentration camps and ethnic cleansing going on in the 90's, it took NATO to end that by themselves. And look how we stand by when similar horrors occur in Rwanda and Darfur. We've learned nothing from the Holocaust. Nations still stand by while people suffer and die. Oh there may be some token gestures, but that's about it.

Off my sopabox now, lol.

The US declared war on Germany as a result of Pearl Harbor. When we declared war on Japan, Japan, Germany, and Italy were members of the Axis Pact, so, in effect, we declared war on all three countries.

The US declared war on Germany as a result of Pearl Harbor. When we declared war on Japan, Japan, Germany, and Italy were members of the Axis Pact, so, in effect, we declared war on all three countries.

:doh: You're correct! For some reason I got my World Wars mixed up and was thinking of the Lusitania which likely precipitated direct U.S. involvement in WW1. Thanks for the correction! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back