OK OK - Jason Armstrong, 21, Tulsa, Aug 2000

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
nickandjessesmom

Jason Armstrong. Reported missing in 2004, as last heard from in 2000 when he called his grandmother to say he was in trouble. It's a rather odd listing in that theres no height, weight, birth date...not to mention why would they wait four years to file a report if the grandmother had received a call of that nature. Not sure I trust that he was actually last seen in 2000. Anyway, his name is Jason, and he resembles the composite we have to go on. See what ya'll think. http://www.nampn.org/cases/armstrong_jason.html

attachment.php

This one looks like the best match to me. They look so much alike!!

Five years is a pretty big gap. Personally, I'd try and find out more information about the missing guy. For all we know, there might be records proving him very much alive and well up until the year 2000. Or, failing that, that he was at least alive past the summer of 1995.

Let's submit this guy - what do you think? I know the dates are off, but I think it is worth a try.

Let me know what you think by Monday - and then I'll go for it.

Salem

I went to OSCN.NET I typed in his name, Dont know the middle name to compare but there are a lot and one actually that was listed in 1998 which would mean he was alive after 95. But same middle name is also listed much later for a divorce so not sure???

Let's submit this guy - what do you think? I know the dates are off, but I think it is worth a try.

Let me know what you think by Monday - and then I'll go for it.

Salem

If you do submit it, I would make sure to point out that you are aware of the gap in the dates. Say that you thought it would be at least worth checking to see if the missing guy was known to be alive after June of 1995.

Otherwise, it might seem as though you just quickly looked at the two pictures and sent them in without even bothering to look at the dates. Explaining the reason for submitting regardless of the dates might get someone else thinking along these lines and get them to pursue it further.

You know, thinking about this one a little more, I think he is to young. If he was 21 in 2004, he would have only been about 12 in 1995. Even if he was 21 in 2000, he would have only been 16 in 1995. This would be a more realistic age for a runaway.

Maybe I can get a birth date for this guy - Jason Armstrong? I'll give it a shot. So I am not submitting until we can narrow his age somewhat.

Salem

ETA: I called the detective in charge of Armstrong's case and left a message asking for additional information regarding the birth date.

Talked to Detective Hicky - very nice man! Says he is sure Armstrong was still around in 1995. He did not go missing until sometime after August 2000. Also, please make note: Jason Armstrong's birthday is April 1, 1982. So he would have been only 13 in 1995. Too young for our Jason Doe.

Salem

ETA: Detective Hicky is with the Tulsa, OK police dept. Tulsa's Report No. for Armstrong is #2004-018513. Armstrong is listed as missing on the Tulsa OK police dept website. I forgot to get the link.

Jason Armstrong
Missing Person 03/19/2004

Jason Armstrong, a 21 year old white male , was reported missing by his family in 2004. His Mother stated he made a phone call to his Grandmother in August 2000 saying he was in trouble and was never seen again. Jason is 5'7" tall and 110 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a tattoo of a hand gun on his left arm.

Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to contact the Tulsa Police Department Missing Person Unit.
ImageStream.aspx

TPD Unsolved Crimes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter