Cracker Barrel ~ Woman finds mouse in her soup

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A woman enjoying an early Mother's Day lunch at a Newport News restaurant Saturday discovered a mouse in a bowl of vegetable soup.

Carla Patterson was eating with her two sons and her godson at the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store restaurant, on Jefferson Avenue across from the Patrick Henry Mall, when she scooped up a small, black mouse, about an inch and a half long, with her soup spoon.

Patterson, who already had eaten several mouthfuls before she came across the rodent, let out a scream.

"It was just shocking," said Patterson, of Hampton, who went outside while several restaurant staffers talked with her to calm her nerves. "Anybody would be shocked by it."

Several other patrons got up and left the restaurant in the middle of their meals. One patron who was in the restaurant at the time said about 20 other diners got up and left, while Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Julie Davis, at the company's headquarters in Lebanon, Tenn., near Nashville, said six customers left.

Cracker Barrel has ordered all of its 497 restaurants in the country to stop serving the vegetable soup while the matter is investigated.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-soup_may10,0,6577353.story?coll=dp-headlines-topnews

I don't normally believe in filing lawsuits when stuff like this happens, but in this case, I may have to make an exception. I think I would be sufficiently horrified to want to sue the you-know-what out of them. :doh:

Maybe this is the start of a new diet...after reading that story-I haven't felt like eating!

Yikes! How gross! I have eaten at Cracker Barrel many times in the past. Unfortunately, I bet this happens in many restaurants. I shudder to think what the conditions are and what goes on "behind the scenes."

Woman Accused of Mouse Soup Stunt

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A woman who claimed she found a mouse in her soup while celebrating Mother's Day at a Cracker Barrel (search) restaurant was accused with her son of planting the rodent and attempting to extort money from the company.

Carla Patterson, 36, and Ricky Patterson, 20, were charged Tuesday with attempted extortion and conspiracy to commit a felony as they sought money from Cracker Barrel, said Howard Gwynn, the commonwealth's attorney in Newport News.

Patterson claimed she had already eaten some of her vegetable soup when she scooped up the mouse on May 8, the day before Mother's Day (search).

The discovery prompted the 500-store chain to stop serving vegetable soup nationwide, but a company investigation discovered the mouse did not originate from the Cracker Barrel kitchen.

"We learned that the mouse died from a fractured skull before it entered the soup," Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Julie Davis said. In addition, the animal had no soup in its lungs, nor had it been cooked — signs it had been dropped in the soup after its death, she said.

The company took its suspicions to prosecutors last week.

Patterson and her son had sought $500,000 from Cracker Barrel, Davis said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121604,00.html

Sky

All posts by Sky are Sky's opinion!

It's kinda funny the things people think they can get away with...

Sky

OMG - they did an autopsy on the mouse?? lol

The mom was 36 and the son was 20... notice that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back