Famous Favourite Quotes - That Move or Comfort You when you think about this case

ThoughtElf

Former Member
Reaction score
The last few days following this case have been long, and heart-wrenching.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm tired of my own words, and of those of the actual players in the case, not to mention the words and actions in the external dramas.

I don't have the words any more to post my own thoughts, so I'm going to turn to far more eloquent speakers, writers, and brains to put it in perspective.

I hope you will all add your own favourite, famous quotes that have given you comfort, perspective or just seem appropriate in relation to this case.

Here are the ones that resonate the most with me:

'Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse.'
Robert A. Heinlein

'TANSTAAFL' - 'There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch'
Robert A. Heinlein

"Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."
ADM Hyman Rickover, USN

"Be good to your children, they are the ones who will be picking out your nursing home."
My Mother

One of my very favorites...

“It's up to you to decide now, and what you choose to do about it will affect the rest of your life, and theirs. Enjoy your child as he is and make sure that he feels totally comfortable and safe and loved in his own home.”

Rosaleen Dickson

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged.
And...
Let He Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone

“It's up to you to decide now, and what you choose to do about it will affect the rest of your life, and theirs. Enjoy your child as he is and make sure that he feels totally comfortable and safe and loved in his own home.”

Rosaleen Dickson

So lovely, I will be writing this one down :blowkiss:

I remember a couple as we search for answers just remember its a bad wind that don't change and another the sun don't shine on the same puppy everyday ,I think my favorite comes from my Sunday school teacher though she always says when things aren't going right GOD is not sleeping!!!

So lovely, I will be writing this one down :blowkiss:

My Grandma sent me this quote written in a card when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was 5 days over due, I got the mail, read her card and my water broke about 10 minutes later. It was the weirdest thing ever. What is even weirder is, she flew here to meet my daughter and passed away 1 day after she arrived home. It's forever engraved in my brain. When I find myself being tested by my now 2 toddlers I break it out and it makes me smile everytime.:)

Two of my favorites:

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.

---Elizabeth Stone

If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much.

---Marian Wright Edelman

http://thegoodnessoflife.com/ is a multi-mediated presentation of positive aphorisms, nature scenes and tranquil music. I often watch/listen before I go to bed, particularly after reading about this case and other tragedies. I recommend it to everyone!

http://thegoodnessoflife.com/ is a multi-mediated presentation of positive aphorisms, nature scenes and tranquil music. I often watch/listen before I go to bed, particularly after reading about this case and other tragedies. I recommend it to everyone!

I watch and listen to this whenever I am feeling stressed and need a lift. Hopefully it will give you the tranquility it gives me morning, noon and night.

http://www.e-water.net/viewflash.php?flash=psalm121_en

"Be good to your children, they are the ones who will be picking out your nursing home."
My Mother

Ok, that cracked me up!

When my Dad is a goof, we always tell him,

"Hush, or we'll put you in a really cheap nursing home."

TY, that hit the mark.

Rosaleen Dickson

Nice. I will look Rosaleen up.

My Grandma sent me this quote written in a card when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was 5 days over due, I got the mail, read her card and my water broke about 10 minutes later. It was the weirdest thing ever. What is even weirder is, she flew here to meet my daughter and passed away 1 day after she arrived home. It's forever engraved in my brain. When I find myself being tested by my now 2 toddlers I break it out and it makes me smile everytime.:)

MDMommy - That is an inspiring story of strength.

TY.

Two of my favorites:

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.

---Elizabeth Stone

If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much.

---Marian Wright Edelman

Saved bolded.

You believe you're old enough to make your own decisions. Then I believe you're old enough to accept the consequences of those decisions.

Me to my daughter when she was 20.

You believe you're old enough to make your own decisions. Then I believe you're old enough to accept the consequences of those decisions.

Me to my daughter when she was 20.

Hey, EZ.

^^ Great quote. Fits.

Parenting 101.

Hey, EZ.

^^ Great quote. Fits.

Parenting 101.

Hey, you! :blowkiss:

Like KC, I was young when my daughter was born; 19 in fact. Here's something else that I think KC would have benefitted from.

When I was leaving the hospital with my brand new baby, 1000 miles away from my mother or any family, I said to the nurse, "Hey, where's the instruction book?" She smiled at me and said, "Don't worry, you'll figure it out." I guess I did. At least I know where my daughter IS after all these years!

I can think of three quotes one of which is just comforting no matter what the situation... "Love is patient, love is kind....it is not boastful..nor jealous..Love is like the wind; you can't see it but you can feel it" -From A walk to Remember

this one is for when times get rough: As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death I shall fear no evil for the lord is with me ALWAYS-The Bible

and three is probably the most true and the best for this situation..."Anyone can be a mother/father but it takes a very SPECIAL person to be a mommy/daddy" makes us realize how many people out there have children they reallly never should have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back